LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    HEY! in the end, out of the 2 back to back SS, they both came out with 1st and 2nd places lol...isn't that the fairest way to go? =]

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    1. records don't count??? we pawers should have consulted u before pawing. Also, there is no need for job seekers making up a resume for each job application. Past job experience/performance don't count, u r rewriting the whole HR science.

2. You are surprised because the Swiss open MS final result didn't adhere to your theory. If it does, it wouldn't be a surprise to u., as simply as that.

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    Bananakid: Can i be of any help?

Pemuda: Nah, I'll just do my usual tactical stuff.......wasting taxpayers money, char koay teow, goreng pisang etc, these should be able to fend them off my back for now......

Cooler/Bananakid/Headphones: ............

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

To be continued.......

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^And the boss himself..^^

X Ball : Here's a teh tarek to all you guys...Great job, fellas!

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My 3 sens on the match..

..okay, finally saw the match and to be frank, i almost fell asleep (not to say it's unwatchable, maybe i'm sleepy).:p
    Overall, the match was literally full of rallies, lobs, clears, defensive shots back and forth..anyway.

I mentioned in the Swiss Open Finals thread, just prior to the MS Final, that in order for LCW to win he needs to do 3 things:
    1. Play sharper at the net : which, overall, he did manage to do so. He was esp. sharp towards the end of the 2nd game.
    2. Play fast and quick drives or clears : overall, there weren't many. But, as mentioned by others in the other threads, he did keep LD at the baseline for most of the match with his deep lifts and clears, thus denying LD of any opportunity to do his usual array of jumpsmashes.
    3. Control/dictate the tempo : overall, LCW did okay. At least he didn't allow LD to control or dictate the match.

-Looking at LCW:
    *As for the the talk of LCW's defense being the main factor, i would say to an extent and it happened mostly in the 1st game.
    *To me, the key was LCW being patient throughout the game, much different than in last week's AE. He wasn't attacking, but he certainly kept LD clear of his attacking zone. IMO, the strategy employed by LCW in his Swiss Open Finals match is the best case strategy LCW can devise when playing against LD.

-Looking at LD:
    *For some reason he just didn't look interested throughout the match. He did throw down several smashes, but he seemed to prefer to keep the shuttle in play. It's especially glaring when the score was 15 all or 16 all in both games. In a couple of scenarios, LD tried to do a Taufik by attempting several backhand shots where i would imagine he would go for the over-the-head shots.
    *A few others mentioned it, but yes, for some reason LD wasn't able to generate or force much of the action. It was, literally, long rallies in almost every pt.

I did watch last yr's Swiss Open MS Final, between LCW & LD (on youtube), and in that match, LCW was making so many errors even though LD wasn't going full speed. It seemed like LD was even offering LCW chances to smash/attack.

Btw, i don't think LCW whitewashed LD..it was even steven until the 15 or 16 pt mark in both games..:p

#165 ctjcad, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

This was what LCW said Misbun told him (in their long distance call) to do this time -> be patient.

7. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In a sense, it is true. We usually look at records when we are not familiar with the players. If we are familiar, then the heck with the records even if they agree or disagree with your judgement. For PAWers, we rarely look at the head-to-head records, more the recent records against various opponents. (But then, I am a lousy PAWer, what do I know?)

To take the anology to HR, we look at the records/CV/education because we have no other way of determining the competency of the job-seeker. But if we know the person or have worked with the person before, then the records/CV/etc are secondary, sometimes just to make it official. It cuts both ways. Even if the person is highly qualified on paper but you know personally how much he sucks, then you would tend not to offer the job.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

How U know ?, I know eagle eyes is sharp, but eagle ears ? never know lah...? :D:D:D....

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I do the same. Recent form is what you have to keep an eye on :cool:.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    everyone will have their own pattern...and style....and...the paw result will show u correct or not....;)

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hiyaa, just read today's NST interview with LCW, know already lah. No need sharp eyes or ears :p:p

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-Hmm..

1. For some or a few, they would look at a player/pair's tendency or track record vs. certain country's players/pairs. An example is Fu & Cai, who tend to struggle vs. MAS or INA pairs, but find the challenge is less vs. other pairs.

2. HR analogy. Well, i would imagine, they can only use the resume/CV/education if the employee is just fresh out of school or just moved to a different country. If s/he has been employed before, maybe there will be a contact no. or reference no., in case the prospective employer needs to call the prospective employee's former employer.:);)

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    try to describe how ld looks like when he lost after 1st set and also 2nd set????:confused:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^How did he look??..^^

..i only noticed LD's body language and temperament towards the end of the 2nd game. Certainly, as i mentioned, he looked frustrated and seemed to not care about competing anymore at the 15 all or 16 all juncture. The last pt of the match was so evident.
    Again, as i mentioned, for some reason LD didn't look at all interested throughout the match. There wasn't much urgency on LD's part, for some reason. If there were, LCW sure didn't allow it to creep up.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...so...he does look frustrated to u right????do u think this frustrated is just because of he act after 'let' lcw win????:confused:

16. Naxos

Naxos Regular Member

Telecom Engineering
    Could it be that LD and LCW have so much respect with each other, that LD let LCW win?

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

You mean..

..LD was acting throughout the whole match???..:confused:
    sorry, not too clear on what you're trying to ask.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...do u think lindan 'let' lcw win in tat match????does lindan act to be frustrated????:confused:

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..personally, i don't think LD "let" LCW win the match. If he were, he'll be making so much unforced errors you would probably hear a bunch of boo-birds in the hall. But, i do feel LD's lack of competitiveness, esp. towards the end of the 1st & 2nd games gave LCW every opportunity to win the match.:)
    And no, i don't think LD was "acting" to look frustrated.;)

#179 ctjcad, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok....thanks for ur honest answer....:)....