LCW whitewashed LD

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by X Ball, Mar 15, 2009.

1. joelabb

joelabb Regular Member

I thing the reason was he got too much massage from XXF every time he won :rolleyes: that affect his perfomance :D

2. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Ahem...

Not trying to ruin your celebrations, fellow MAS people.

But I think there will be several skeptics out there who'll say: "LCW won that one because LD was just being generous LOL. Besides, Swiss SS is not major title after all. So why LD had to give his 100%? LOLOL" :p

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes...this should be the easiest excuse....but the most stupid if they think all bcer that have watch that match is blind....;)

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I kinda agree with some of you that LD was trying to win the match. It clearly showed on LD's face when LCW got 6 pts in a row to overtake the lead. LCW's defense was very solid today and he almost got every shot that LD threw at him back. There were a few occasions when LCW was floored but still managed to win the rallies. Not only could LCW get the shuttle back but he got them back in interest. I noticed that LCW kept LD at the baseline with long rallies. Most of the LCW's return were in high quality. I seldom see LD getting frustrated by his opponents. One thing for sure: LD hates long rallies.

It was much of LCW winning the match than LD losing it. LCW outplayed LD today.

5. klkhoo

klkhoo New Member

engineer
    Long rallies and sudden atk remind me Rashid's style.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    No, it won't be me.
    I didn't even get to watch it live :crying:

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i just woke up now, so give me a slack to look at the scores
    btw, i slept well last night.

#67 cooler, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

neutralized? neutral means even odds.
    LD still have beaten and won more times over LCW than this 1 time / year event. :rolleyes:

this win by lcw will sure provide enough bolehians the energy to last another 12 months.

#68 cooler, Mar 15, 2009
  9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I believe that LD can beat LCW if he wants to.There is some reason why he lost.I'm neither these two player's fans,it's just my 2cents.Anyway,good to have other countries else than china to win the tournaments.Just bored to see china all the time on the winning stats.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The updated head-to-head stats, Lee Chong Wei vs Lin Dan:
    2005: 1-1 (W -- Malaysia Open, L -- Hong Kong Open)
    2006: 1-4 (W -- Malaysia Open, L -- All England, Chinese-Taipei, Macau, Hong Kong Opens)
    2007: 2-2 (W -- Sudirman Cup, Japan SS, L -- China Masters SS, Hong Kong SS)
    2008: 1-3 (W -- Thomas Cup, L -- Swiss SS, Beijing Olympics, China SS)
    2009: 1-1 (W -- Swiss SS, L -- All England)

Records: 6-11

Before that absolutely dominating performance by Lin Dan in the Beijing Games, it was 8-5 to Lin Dan. Then, 3 consecutive losses by Lee Chong Wei (all in straight-sets).

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nice...good job...:)...

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i have said before LD is a generous player. He is quite full and happy with OG and AE back to back. He gave one title to Chen Jin too at the 08 HKO, after 'neutralizing' TH. LD already owned 2 Swiss open titles already.

I haven't watched this match but i trust jamesd20 gave a correct post game analysis. Just like playing 3 times against TH at the 06 AG, LD didn't change his game plan while his opponent had opportunity to revise strategy on the last match.

Yes, it's good that LCW changed his game plan. Prior this this match, i read about 90% of lcw fans have suggested more relentless attack and 10% said more long rallies against LD. It seem 90% of LCW fans guessed wrong. Of course, they will take any credit for this LCW win.

LD did say he is satisfied with all of his achievement to date and he is now playing to promote badminton and hopefully keep in shape for the 2012 OG. Bagging every titles in sight is no longer LD's goal.

#72 cooler, Mar 15, 2009
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wow....this post will make many ppl laugh...:D...try to post AFTER u watch the match...

hehe...no comment...:)

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

let me make a minor typo of your. Bolehians need this boost since they have been battered and bruised for the last ~12 months

i repeat, i said i rather trust a non biased 3rd party game analysis review that from bolehians

btw, u contradicted yourself again, u did made comments

#74 cooler, Mar 15, 2009
  15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    cooler, sometimes it's just nice to give people credits for what they've worked for.

Don't be unfair to Chong Wei.
    Ld's trying to be generous, it's his problem. LCw's done his part. Play and win.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...i tot lindan fans need to selfboosting to believe lindan lost to lcw....oh...no no no...should be say....ld is unbeatable...he wil ONLY LOST when he GAVE UP THE MATCH....but why he look dsapointed????frustrated???:rolleyes:(oh....nevermind...cooler...i answer for u....after all...ld is the oscar winner in 2008...hehe...thats why...he look 'disapointed'...frustrated')

#76 limsy, Mar 15, 2009
  17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    what a massage then.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

when did i said LD is unbeatable??
    Why should i say LD is unbeatable when i know full well LD had lost 6 of the 17 head to head contest? You should come back to earth from cloud 9. U will see LD using his 5 and 6 gears again in the next WC.

19. headphones

headphones Regular Member

LCW the ultimate champion

I have to say I've never seen a better display of men's singles in my life. Today's match was an absolute masterclass, one that saw Lin Dan crumble under the brutal and merciless hand of Datuk Lee Chong Wei. His uncompromising attacks, his godly netplay, and his unmatched stamina proved once again who is and who deserves to be number 1 in the world. Lin Dan may have won the AE title, but it was all luck, really, given the lack of a challenge on his path to the finals.
    To compare Lee Chong Wei to "greats" like ZhaoJianhua, or YangYang would be a great disservice to LCW. His movements have surpassed those guys several hundred-fold. It's quite a beauty to behold, and if I may say so I nearly shed a tear in the final moments.
    On the other hand it was a great delight to see Lin Dan struggle to find any answers to LCW. His form is certainly better than past, but it's now clear he got lucky in the AE final. His defeat, in my opinion, is due justice for the easy path he's had to reach this final. Not to mention his arrogant attitude is a pain to view, it's an absolute disgrace to the meaning of badminton. But none of that really matters, as he holds no candle to LCW.
    I really love reading all the Lin Dan apologists' "arguments", stuff like "he's the greatest MS player in history", man that stuff cracks me right up. Lin Dan is a mere tadpole to LCW the shark. And as the course of nature is never wrong, the shark will eat the tadpole.

The greatest men's single player is now beginning to show the world his prowess. World Championship title, AE title, Asian Games title, and the final 2012 OG gold title will all follow suit in due course. Lee Chong Wei is on a veritable rampage, and may he grant swift defeat to all who foolishly dare to challenge him.

Malaysia Boleh

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    har???when i SAID:cooler say LD IS UNBEATABLE???:eek:...where???where??where???:eek:...show to me...

i didnt overjoy....