How to beat Lin Dan? Advice to Lee CW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by 2cents, Mar 9, 2009.

1. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    me too........ehhehehehe........:D:D:D:D:D:D

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Even though Datuk LCW put a good performance to beat Lin Dan last night, the other contributing factor that leads to Lin Dan defeat was Lin Dan game play was slightly off target with a lot of mistakes and he seems to be lethargic.

Datuk LCW still needs to improve continously and not carried away if he wants to continue a winning streak against Lin Dan because if Lin Dan is in his best form, it will be difficult for Datuk LCW to beat him even if he plays like last night.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's the beauty of the game isn't it? Winning this time doesn't ensure that Lee Chong Wei will remain victorious the next time. He just has to continue with the trainings and meticulous analysis of his most feared enemy so that he will not be ridiculed for yet another straight-sets defeats the next 3-4 times he squares up against Lin Dan. Remember, he still has to win the lot in order to match Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat in the major titles category. That's unavoidable if he wants to be compared to these players.

The same thing goes for Lin Dan. He cannot take victories for granted and even though he has won almost every title that's possibly he could get, he still has a few years of badminton left in him. I am sure he's aiming for the Asian Games Individual Event Gold Medal that eluded him in 2006, despite the critics' downplay of that particular title. The fact that the Asian Games will be held in Guangzhou is another significant one that we cannot ignore, just like the Beijing Olympics Games last year. He surely wouldn't want to disappoint his home fans next year :rolleyes:

4. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Whats the difference between LCW and LD Swiss match and AE.

LCW was matching LD in speed.

However, it looks deceptively slow. Now that's the key, LCW play by using his best points deception and defence.

LD employed the same game plan as AE. CHina O and OG. Why not? It brought him fruits.

But this time LCW was returning the shots and LCW took the intiative right from the start by playing the shots he wants to play.

Ld couldnt play those shots he want to play that's why LCW won this this time.

I've written before LCW shouldnt copy LD's style but just be himslef and emphasize his strong points.

LD was caught by surprise this time by LCW many delayed shots to the backline. Because of this LD looked "slow" to reach the backline because his momentum was moving front. LCW tried this in AE finals at 13-15 but he made too many mistakes. This time he did it again with psitive results.

LD was lost of the plan at around 11-9 at the 2nd game and looked many times to Xia for help of what was happening.

While he was thinking about turning the game around he made errors and that sealed the game for LCW.

The laws of probabilities is such that LD will win the nest meet up as he is the better exexuter of his shots. Hopoefully by the WC in Aug, LCW can shake thing s up again.

However one must comment positively on how both players hug each other after the game.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thumb up....uncle sonnymak always have a clearer mind...with beutiful english...salute...u is one of the bcer tat i respect....:)...always bright....:D

6. BennettWong

BennettWong Regular Member

Nicely said :)

thumbsup

7. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Thanks for the complement.

8. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    That's one of the good posts over tons of what was written here in last storming days;)

Despite as a fan of LD, I find good LCW has won him because from now this duo is getting more challenging. 100% that future meeting of these two will be very attractive, and I cant say it if LD were win again
    The only slippery thing is the fact that LD's motivation still is not clear for me, so it's not easy to say if LD lost by game, or he just wanted to win easily and didnt get it.
    But may be it creates more power in this situation up to their meeting in some really big tournament where LD motivation will be not a question :cool:

9. BennettWong

BennettWong Regular Member

I'm really happy that LCW managed to beat LD outside Malaysia.
    I hope he can repeat it again.

However I have a little fear about this victory.
    As many of you observed, LD used more played quite passively near to the end of the game and used backhands instead of overheads.

Maybe LD felt that LCW got the better of him this time and he held back a little so that he won't risk an injury and will have a small surprise next time they meet.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

When LD played passively towards the end, it meant he mentally collapsed and had no idea what to do.It can happen to any player whose opponent's confidence is higher but with LD, the mental collapse has always been very clear when it happens.

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

People always say, LD is mentally strongest compared to any other players in the world.......just look at his major titles. ;)

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LD has always been known to be superior in all his departments and getting out of a losing situation should be easy for him. I mean if I understand Pemuda right he said LD has all the medals to show and LCW has none. I am stumped.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if LD mentally collapsed with scores 16-21 and 16-21, then what do u call a player who lost 8-21 and 12-21, in a state of coma???

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i think you 2 have the better plausible reasons. It's a swiss title, he has 2 of them already, he surely don't need a third swiss watch. I do give credit for lcw working very hard to earn this title, it wasn't handed to him but then again, LD didn't really gone all out to take it either. LD isn't that dumb, he used this match to gauge what lcw can do if he go along with lcw's term. Even the best, need to test and gauge what's your closest opponent progression and ability from time to time. There is no better time to do it after AE, in a lower profile tourney swiss open.

#194 cooler, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  15. markchan

markchan Regular Member

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am amazed with all these boleh fans. Out of 18 meetings between LD & LCW, LCW managed 6 wins. And the major titles are all with LD. Between the AE & SO, the AE is a more prestigious event, LD won that. Should be crystal clear who had the better exchanges.

The WC is just round the corner, are these boleh fans confident LCW can win it, his first major title???

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

of course, u do your wear your best suit on formal occasions, right?;)
    I mean, even the cat and kitten understood this.:)

18. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    We may found Ld's to be mentally weak once in 10 games.
    For the last few points in the second set, he is probably had it.
    If it was true, then i would say, such a rare thing to happen.

Forget other players, Ld is in his own class.Isn't he?

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's a super smart question. You're just too dumb to answer it.
    Remember, in the SF, LYB had a choice. If LD's not interested to win, then send CJ. CJ could do with more ranking points.The next BWF update will have LD, CJ and PG very close in ranking points at #2,#3 and #4.If LD and CJ skip those SS before WC, there's a high chance PG will rank #2 for the WC draw.Not a bad thing since it means LYB won't have any chance to arrange for LD to have a discount in SF.

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's not rare. I've seen it many times when his opponent's either TH or LCW.
    But LD is in a class of his own when it comes to his mental collapse.His body language would show it and he would look lost.Sometimes I feel sorry for him.That's because it's in such a stark contrast to his flamboyant image.