What is still lacking in LCW?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by xymaerts, Mar 8, 2009.

1. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I think point 2 is exactly what did LCW in.

LD's defense is superb because he is expecting full on what LCW is going to do. There were very few shots that LD was slower in reaction. LCW did try his smashes but to very little success in the 1st 7-8 rallies in the 1st set which LD returned with ease. They created more problem for LCW than LD. OTOH, LD doesn't commit to a full-on smash until LCW is in trouble.

Most of the rallies LD won were slow placing rallies (guess where I'm hitting it next) until LD injects speed into it. If it's not successful, it's back to slow rallying. That guessing when the fast one's coming seems fatal to LCW's game. LD was controlling the pace for entire encounter.

Today's LD is also a lot less temperamental hence dangerous.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    LOL, I'd say Lee Chong wei is not in trouble at all until LD decides to smash.

3. jermaine

jermaine Regular Member

student
    lin dan's cross court smash, be it angle, speed of the shuttle and how accurate it is, is extremely hard to retrieve given the speed they are playing.

lcw's smash did not do much harm when lin dan decides to increase his pace when its time to.

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D By the way, Where is your nemesis these days, X Ball?? Havent seen him around for quite some time already.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Splendidly spoken.
    There's one area LCW has room for progress.Tactics.He will probably get the best of it from Morten Frost through PG.MF as DEN coach is probably the best fortune to LCW in the tournaments to come.
    LD was right when he said he won because he was focused ,calm and confident.That's so true.But that was obvious only after he had taken G1.G1 was close and nothing separated both.
    After G1, LD could relax because he had the insurance and can afford to play freely.If LCW had taken G1,LCW could also relax and make use of the privilege.
    At their level, whoever takes G1 always have that advantage.
    It's strange that after LCW humbled TH,people who thought TH would defeat LCW, actually believed that LCW would beat LD.And there was disquiet.Now there's outpourings of relief because LD did not fail them.
    LCW can be proud of his performance.

6. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    I am sick of seeing LCW gets beaten blue and black by the mighty Dan. When is CW going to take a set of this guy? I say, just go in there and attack from start, throw in kitchen sink, empty your tank. Win or lose, let not a single ounce of energy remain inside you as you walk off the court. I want to see LCW take a set off SuperDan in next tournament....just a set.....is this too much to ask?? And to Misbun and co.....second is NOTHING

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...if second is nothing....then should th and pg retired????:rolleyes:

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

But according to some here as long as chants of Malaysia Boleh is heard loud and clear in the hall, it is already priceless. Their consolation is that support, cheering, feet stomping and chest thumping are all more important than winning titles. And coupled with other empty rhetorics (excuses to me) that LD had an easier route to the final, was more calm because he had the 1st game and etc, I think what we are seeing is some Malaysia Boleh withdrawal syndrome.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Sitting a home cross legged watching re-runs of the SSF.

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    LOL... possibly more action while getting excited over LCW and Koo/Tan victory, that should not be mentioned in this "family" rated forum. haha:eek: eg. scratching beer belly, shaving legs' hair, and everything else up to your own imagination(keep it clean... haha).

#90 bananakid, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  11. shyeling

shyeling Regular Member

student
    LCW is lacking of confidence... he becomes dwarf every time he faces lindan esp in big event...

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Seriously, I would have confidence problem, too if I were to be beaten the way he was beaten by Lin Dan at OG 08. Imagine all those nights of nightmare, and seeing repeated scenes of Lin Dan rushing to the net to kill off your lose returns at speed that is humanly impossible.:eek:

13. wongpro

wongpro Regular Member

Totally agree.
    I think the LinDan's advantage is that he can play badminton more naturally feeling and more smooth tactic + ultimate physical strength.
    Anyway I still a LCW fan, I love his talented, speedy and beautiful skill.

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You dont like his numerous gold rings, chains, pendants and bracelets?? :eek:

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    analyzing past video tapes for training would do that to a person;)

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

in any close contest each contestants usually have some reservation or certain apprehension about his opponent. At this stage, i think LD has lost all these emotional aspect about lcw. LCW is for his manipulation.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

if only lcw beat LD in HK open, in OG, etc.... then lcw's confidence will be high going into 09 AE. Problem is, they are all 'IF'S'. If lcw can beat LD regularly, we all would be debating something else:rolleyes:

#97 cooler, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  18. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Just for fun...

While analyzing the video of OG 08 MS final...

LCW: Coach, how in the world can someone be so good and so fast?

Misbun: How am I suppose to know? I was never that good even when I was in my prime.

LCW: Any idea what I can do to win in the next encounter?

Misbun: Try to attack him from start to end.

LCW: I tried that before, but it didn't work at all... Lin Dan is just too good.

Misbun: Well... here is the last solution, but I don't know if we can accomplish this at all.

LCW: What is it? I am willing to give it a try

Misbun: Try your best to get to 12 points when Lin Dan reaches match point against you, then use your magic one more time and hopefully you can repeat what happened during Malaysia open 06

So... during the MS final of AE 09... LCW got 12 points while LD had match point.

LCW: I've got this one in the bag now...(thinking to himself)

1 minute later... LD won the match.

LCW to Misbun: Why didn't my magic work this time?

Misbun: I forgot to tell you that it only works in Malaysia with plenty of boleh spirit in the stadium.

LCW: How could you forget?

Misbun: We are going to have to invite Lin Dan to play in Malaysia, if you ever want to beat him again. Probably need to pick him with one of our Proton cars to show our sincerity.

LCW: but... didn't Lin Dan win his World championship title again in 2007 in Malaysia???

Misbun: in that case, Lin Dan is too good for you... just be happy that you are still rank #1 in the world for now.

19. stevemariyoh

stevemariyoh Regular Member

Badminton goods salesman
    my opinion.

My opinion is, LCW plays a lot of rally style which is not practical for this kind of playing style. If those days (15 points system) I think it will be a very good tactics. LCW needs to improve more on his attack (smash). I think his defence now is a bit weak compare to LCW last time. If you remember in Kuching (Malaysia Open). WOW that is the defence I have been waiting to see but the final AE match I didn't see it much. Anyway LCW is a good sportsman and he should be given the credit too.:)

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

this explains alot why lcw is not making headway against LD.
    With this kind of outlook, no wonder lcw isn't making improvement.
    How can lcw gets it when his coach, misbun, doesn't get it?