LD - LCW: a battle at last?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by dassad, Mar 7, 2009.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Don't judge badminton for 1 or 2 games.
    Perhaps you can review all the matches and say something later.
    well, man u vs fulham last night is more predictable.Still, enjoyable.

And sometimes, Badminton can give you heart attack.Don't blame me when it happen to you.:D

2. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    ok so the answer is positive :) it was a battle, at least the first part of the match

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The 3 matches he lost to chen jin, every one of them he let him win...

4. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    yes it was very interesting to see federer for last 5 years knowing who wins a game, ha

5. jack200603

jack200603 Regular Member

No exactly. Last time in Hong Kong open later this year Chen Jin did beat LD and won the title, which wasn't a settlement at all.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

well maybe that one, but the previous 2 was dead giveaways so CJ could qualify.... for OG

7. nltung

nltung Regular Member

Of course, Lin Dan did lost, he is just a human but if he is in his top form, he is really a level above any other players. In my opinion Lin Dan is much more dominant in Badminton than Federer in Tennis in the last 4 years, in Tennis there has always been a Nadal chasing Federer (and eventually superseded) but in Badminton I don't see anyone that comes close to that of Nadal in Tennis.

I still enjoy watching badminton very much, in term of the techniques and quality of the matches but not the result if there is Lin Dan playing :)

8. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    I think you are right but your rightness is coming from other side :)
    federer is really great in tennis BUT there are few few big bosses last years. Before Nadal may be it was no anyone who could play in tennis level as Sampras, Agassi and Becker. So greatness by Federer is smth like a gladiator in empty field.. not so exciting right? ;)

LD is playing among giants where everyone could play extremely well. And still he is the best. If to make parallels to tennis I should compare him to Pete Sampras may be, but not to Federer, Nadal and so on

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LCW beat LD in Scotland (Sudirman Cup),Indonesia (Thomas Cup) and in Japan (JO07) and you say he 'never beat LD outside Malaysia'? How dare you imply that these bigger countries of Indonesia,Japan and Scotland are part of Malaysia? Do you study Geography in Malaysia? Don't ever say LCW never beat LD outside Malaysia unless you want people to think you are stupid or ignorant.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wah???:eek:...u shooting at me????do u read the post i quote???:eek:

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    AS DASSAD IS FROM ISREAL....THEN I THINK U IS SHOOTING AND SHOUTING ON ME....DONT EVER COMMENT THE POST TAT U DUNNO WHAT HAPPEN AT THE BEGINNING OF IT....READ FROM THE 1ST POST OF THIS THREAD....BEFORE U COMMENT ON ME....

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

limsy, my apologies. I read your post as I understand it.
    ok, whoever make a statement like that reveals either ignorance or poor fact processing.

13. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    mates you are too nervous. may be its me who first time said about Malaysia. But what is a problem - just correct me, as seems I just was wrong. Results I SAW were only 3 losses with 2 of them in Malaysia so probably the results are wrong as well.
    No shooting no war no negative. Please be friendly :)

14. Koi^^

Koi^^ Regular Member

Chef
    Lol.

cant help not to laugh when i read the last few posts..

let's be civil people. Keep your cool.

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am civil enough to respond on this....

peace...

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's lonely at the top...

Attached Files:

17. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

that is now very true. Since beijing 08. LD must now believe he is God. He level of play and self-assurance seems to have gone up a level since then. He has won this AE without breaking a sweat and it was just so obvious to see he was a class above everyone else in this tournie.

e.g. in the QF's, it was incredibly painful to watch him play Persson, it was like seeing a man toy and tease wth a child. the gulf in class was that obvious.

and the final v LCW. Well, the vast majority of LD's points where LD UE's. You could see that LD was playing at least a level or so below his best for most of set 1 (slightly underestimating LCW as a result). But in the last stages of set 1 he just started to focus and that's how he took it.

set 2 - LCW did well to hang in there for the first half, but then LD went up to (almost) his highest gear and raced away. I honestly doubt LD was playing at his top level. LD was in complete control of the match throughout.

LD is peerless and already an all-time great.

#57 badders2006, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LD has enough talent reserve to just win by pulling out talents on a 'as needed basis'. I think he just giving the AE audience a match to watch that is not one sided as in the OG, which the latter event is an all business affair, no Mr Nice Guy affair.

19. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason.

And I agree, LD has always been the "do just enough to win" kind of player.

I think LD just wanted to cruise through that final and win with minimum effort, trying to show everyone how he can comfortably beat LCW playing at far below his best. As it turned out, in order to win the match comfortably, he had to play slightly better than his Set 1 standard. But that higher standard still was not his best.

20. nltung

nltung Regular Member

Yes, that was painful to watch !!! I was a big fan of Peter Gade, so I generally support danish or european player (Mainly because I dont like the dominance of asian player in badminton, even though I'm myself an asian).

I didnt believe my eyes, that I was watching a world number 6 badminton player playing ! I dont think that Persson is that bad, but in fact Lin Dan is too strong and Persson lost all his confidence.

After that match I felt really upset and I already knew that LCW has no chance against Lin Dan in the Final.

Badminton is very interesting to watch if the 2 players are on the same class, whatever class it is. Now with Lin Dan being a class above others, it is boring watching him playing against others, or to be exact you will be feeling very painful for those others.