Yonex Shoe Stick Spray?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by t3tsubo, Feb 18, 2009.

1. t3tsubo

t3tsubo Regular Member

Student
    Has anyone heard of this? I was browsing ebay when i saw it:
    LINK

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'v used it before. I still have one unopened bottle. Its a nice product. But the product is hard to find elsewhere except japan.

3. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

It works alright, but doesn't last long. Expensive if you're buying from outside of Japan.

4. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Stick some double-sided tape on the shoe base....:D

Make sure the brand is 3M... :D

Just kidding... but... well.... it may work.

Thanks.

5. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    @ HKChua... i don think the double sided tape thing wud work... once dirt sticks to the exposed side o it one wud b ice skating on the court... :p:p:p:p ... but then some suggestion u have there... way to go mate...

6. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Last time I started my career as Laboratory Manager in Union Carbide in 1980s, conducting polymerization of Vinyl Acrylic Monomers... to form adhesives. Some adhesives have dry tack and some have wet tack. Wet tack means when the adhesive dry up, you can still feel the tackiness. And... such tackiness is the basic properties of the formulated polymer. Such adhesive can be applied to the shoe base, leave aside to dry with wet tack.

This is exactly what Yonex Shoe Stick Spray is about...

Thanks.

7. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    yep. works very well. quite reasonable priced since it can be used for so many times. really gives u a grip on the court. instead of pouring some water on the floor to 'clean' the shoe. haha

8. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    respect mate... never meant to offend.. hmmm... thnks for the insight on the tackiness...
    but then again... guess am being stupid again... but wht i mean is if dust covers the entire surface of the tape / spray... then wud it b still effective... coz it ll b dust (on tape) in contact with dust (on floor)... (courts here r bad n i HATE those who just walk onto courts without wiping the soles)... :(:(:(:(:(

9. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    In Singapore, whenever we feel the floor is slippery.... just email to Sports Council and within the next few day, you will realize that the cleaners had mopped the entire hall....:D Sometimes.... they need a small kick... in badminton term, a small drive, and... a small drop... yes, just drop a note to Sports Council...

Thanks.

10. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well... the doubesided tape was only a joke, please don't take it seriously.

Look for the type of adhesive that was applied onto the self-stick envelopes. Those are the adhesives that are adequate for such purpose. Simply pack and brand them, you can supply to the badminton players...

In most cases, such adhesives are co-polymers. It will stick firmly on the substrate and yet displaying the wet tack properties.

Frankly speaking, I doubt it can last for more than one vigorous game.

Thanks.

11. alphazed1

alphazed1 Regular Member

software engineer
    hmmm... gotcha... but gud tht i got to knw tht u do have such kinda ahdesives tht work on the grip factor of a shoe in baddy...

lemme chek here if i can get any o those here...

12. kengcyap

kengcyap Regular Member

Engineer
    Any other cheaper alternatives?

This stuff is not cheap, and depending on court condition, i.e. combination of dust and poorly waxed floor, you'll find yourself spraying repeatedly in a match. Although you don't have to do it as often as water, which may be once every few points, but the bottle still runs out quite quickly. So have anyone tried other cheaper alternatives? Here is a list that I'm brainstorming: skin moisturizer, furniture wax spray, car wax spray, synthetic car waxing liquid spray. If anyone tried them, please share your experience here, and I'll do the same.