Whats the Lightest Racquet?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by blackfrost, Aug 16, 2008.

1. kimir

kimir Regular Member

apacs superlight - 5u & 6u

2. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

even if your muscles are weak or you are defensive oriented, there is no need to go as far as a 4U or 5U racket. i started out with a weak arm, and i used a 3U carbonex 8200 light. that was pretty light, with an even or headlight balance.

it is lightweight, but not excessively light. so it is easy on the arm. at the same time it still has enough power to do full court clears and decent smashes. and i was using BG70 @ 20 lbs. give that racket a shot.

3. Plutarch

Plutarch Regular Member

IBM developer
    I've tried the photon (75g) and there was no lack of power for me. I guess it all depends on your play style. some people cannot generate power with light rackets, while others struggle with heavy ones. in terms of the swing feel, i would have to say it is my favorite racket, and if i was looking for a new racket (unfortunately i just bought one a few days before i tried it) I would definitely get it. They can also handle a lot of tension.

4. Moncky23

Moncky23 Regular Member

Badminton!
    I own both the Photon And the Photon XL, and they are both amazing rackets, regardless of the fact that they are light. I can generate the same amount of power with my Photon XL as I can with my friends MP99 (same tension =.=).

5. xshadow134x

xshadow134x Regular Member

u guys say that the MP88 is pretty light, but i hav both MP66 and MP88. the MP66 is a lot lighter than MP88

6. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

the Mp 66 is head light. so, its has a head light feeling. so, if feels lighter than the Mp 88. the MP 88 4u is theoretically lighter.

#26 jymbalaya, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  7. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

Yeah as many have pointed out head heaviness is a much more important factor than the overall weight...

My 4u AT900T feels has heavy as my friends 2u NS9000 when you swing it around... of course when you weight it the NS9000 is much heavier...

it's all relative... a 5u head light racket would be uber light just as a 2u head heavy racket would be uber heavy...