KKK & TBH - On The Comeback Trail?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Dec 21, 2008.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Pemuda, Don't forget there will be a World Championship in INDIA next year.
    That's for sure the big one in 2009 & lets see whether this so-called "comeback trail" will be materialised or not;)

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

oh...why u didnt follow badminton much???:(...well...relax...u know what...current mas top md...wr 4...fuzzy...dont even qualify for national grand prix final...u want to send fuzzy play with me in suara muda club in kelantan???:D

3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Oh yes!!! I kinda lost track on badminton.

Yes, the WC. I say LCW & KKK/TBH wont win the WC.

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Ohhh here comes to sad ballads. What kind of violin do you use?? Ivan Dunov model 140? Andreas Eastman model 200?

But seriously, there is actually no headache or etc as claimed by you. This is just a forum where people discuss/debate/agree/disagree/argue.

#44 Pemuda, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Here we go again :D

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

welcome back, pemuda!:)
    glad that ur hand are begin back to itchy and starting to debate and stating the 'facts' here!:D:D

7. george@chongwei

imo, there is no need to create so many threads about koo/tan as stated by eaglehelang
    why is there just koo/tan will got so many threads? etc: downhill, kkk, tbh and now comeback trail?
    what should it be?
    oldhand, i guess what are you suppose to do right now..:(:rolleyes:

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I will bet with you on LD! :D

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB

Pemuda is right that our shuttlers do not perfrom in big stage but I hope they can strengthen their mental abilities.

As for KKK/TBH, they have achieve so much as a young pair and they are only 22/20 years old so there are still lot to learn in terms of mental strength.

LYD will have his weak period too... lets see

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Dear Pemuda,
    I know your point. But to be honest, if you watch yesterday final, or even OG final between LCW and LD, we not only see our local youngester fighting with guts and determinations for national pride, but it helps to unify all races of Malaysia, be it Melayu, Cina, India and others. All races go all out to support them without thinking of our race difference.
    If you compared them with our so called politicians that love to raise racial sentiments, i think all our badminton players deserve our salute and praise...
    and not word of bashing or discouragement. Malaysia Boleh spirits does not shows that we are invicible, but it did unify us to be proud of our achievement.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok...u bet tat lin dan will win all the tournament he participate...ok???as he is THE GOD OF BADMINTON...i bet he will lose atleast 1 tourney...fair??uncle?:D

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In my opinion KKK is by far the most exciting and best MD player to emerge for a long, long time. His problem is more mental. He can rise to great heights and sink to depths after success has gone into his head. He needs to build on his maturity and mental toughness. At their best KKK/TBH can humiliate any MD-you got a glimpse of this at the HK SS and the SS Final. But on another day they will lose to a backup pair-too much arrogance and disrespect for the opposition.
    KKK's temperament is both a strength and a weakness. Forcing him to bend to the coach's instructions which he disagrees will neutralize his brilliance. However, a good coach who knows how to harness his strengths and weakness will see KKK become possibly one of the greatest doubles player of all time.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm...do u point to koo/tan lost to ong/goh in semis of national gran prix final semis???:confused:...that day...both koo and tan having high fever(uncle sam say) or fever+flu(as reported in press...);)

14. jigglypuff

jigglypuff Regular Member

sorry to say so but what's the point to awake at this time?not exciting...
    4 months after beijing OG and 4 years ahead for london OG...
    i doubt whether they can keep in form till india WC...
    i know i sound harsh but when the hopes is on them,they never make it thru..
    so maybe we should just keep them in low profile?loxx
    BAM should hire a full time psychologist for kkk tbh to ensure they performance stability ^_^

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thanks for your comments.
    No doubt sports can be a unifying factor but for Malaysia lets look at things a little closer. Sports today in Malaysia is no longer like it used to be say back in the 60s, 70s or 80s. For your info, all our sports bodies and institutions are now politicised. Name me one sport association in Msia where you dont find politicians.

Look at the results today?? What have we produced despite all the money invested in sports?? We are crap in football and we are now struggling against Laos & Cambodia. In athletics, we are nowhere in the SEA region. Badminton?? We have yet to win the Olympic gold or WC while the likes of Denmark, England, Japan have already done so. And the last time we won that Thomas cup was like ages ago. Our so-called world #1, Datuk LCW has never won the Olympic gold, WC or the AE before. In squash, we have ONE Nicoll David but that also we gotta thank her parents who moulded her.

Back to badminton, for all the taxpayers money invested into badminton, the results so far have been very poor indeed. What have we won this year that is considered significant??? Nothing. And personally, I am not going to praise and salute our shuttlers when they win minor tournaments. Win the WC, Olympic gold and AE then the recognition will come.

Look at PG, at 32 he is still up there challenging and if I am not wrong the man won the Denmark & French Opens this year ... at aged 32. Now, tell me how many of our MS can be playing top badminton and win a couple of SS titles at 32?? Our shuttlers are pampered and weak mentally. LCW will be history by the time he reaches 29 or so.

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

BAM should hire this. BAM should hire that. BAM should provide this and that. And the list goes on and on ....

Yes! Roll out them crutches and drips because our shuttlers need them. In our subsidy mentality, we cannot exist nor compete without them crutches.

PG won the Danish & French Open this year. Hmmm .... I wonder whether the Danish BA hire a full time psychologist, foreign coach/trainer for him or not??? ;)

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  18. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It worked for him some of the time... not all of the time.
    August 2008 and, yes, last week are cases in point.

In the case of Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong, the coach isn't the problem.
    From what we see and hear, it could very well be the other way around :p

19. george@chongwei

ya know, kkk/tbh and peter gade case is not the same case..;)

20. jigglypuff

jigglypuff Regular Member

it depends on the players whether do they need it,aren't?
    i'm not sure bout PG but pros are around to help the athletes to perform better..(psychologist, psychiatrist etc)