Yonex shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by _Samiii_, Oct 30, 2008.

1. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

Part-Time Student, Full-time Badminton Fanatic
    Well, I highly recommend the LTD's, and 84USD is a good price, as I paid 147CND. Now I feel slightly ripped off, but the shoes are preety much worth any price. I've always said that a player's shoes are by far the most important piece of eqipment he can own, and these shoes only fortify my conviction. Again, the SHB-100 LTD edititions come highly recommended. I should note that I have the 2007 model that is just "gold" and not "dragon gold." The 2007s have no red whatsoever. I do not know if there are physical differences between the 2007 and 2008 LTDs.

2. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    Is it true that high end Yonex shoes wouldn't wear out easily? especially the front part of the shoes will open?

3. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

I've never had any problems with stitching, if that's what you mean. I do find that the gum soles become hard after a while. The constant pounding hardens the rubber and causes it to lose grip. Depending on on how often you play and how much you depend on your shoes, it may take 6 months, 2 years, or ten years before noticing any difference. I would estimate that I got about 1000 hours out of my last pair before buying new ones, but it was more that my feet grew than anything else. I do find the newer models to have more lateral room in the toe than previous yonex shoes. The new shoes are easier to cinch up - I have extremely narrow feet - I had to bottom out the laces on my old shoes to get them to feel proper.

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    The outside stitching on the right shoe had problems on my 99MX but paid a few dollars and got them fixed so now I alternate between my 99s and 100s

5. demon85

demon85 Regular Member

Lab Technician
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but I don;t wish to create more thread for my question =)

I am looking for a badminton shoes with good ankle support. I had injured my ankle before and I don't wish to have more injuries to my ankle. Is there any shoes you guys can help to recommend? If I had to choose between weight of shoes and ankle support I would choose ankle support. Thanks

6. badcliq

badcliq Regular Member

MOnster, which shop did you ask in? in BSB or?

That's a pretty good price, perhaps should start getting some there next time.

7. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    hey drop2it and ryim, thanks for the info.

hi Demon85, i think the shoes that able to support your ankle is highcut basketball shoes? as Im thinking only highcut basketball shoes able to have a good grip on your ankle. pls correct me if im wrong.

8. demon85

demon85 Regular Member

Lab Technician
    Does that I have to wear highcut shoes to protect my ankle? basketball shoes seems strange, has anyone tried that before?

9. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    hmmm quite true if not you need to wear something like a socks which is in skin colour on the ankle? like some ppl buy it to wear it around their kneel (black in colour), if im not wrong, there is also something for ankle too.

10. demon85

demon85 Regular Member

Lab Technician
    U meant ankle guard or something like that? I have 1 already, will that be adequate to protect my ankle? If it is, then I can just go and buy any good shoes out there? Going to get my bonus soon then can spend. =P

11. andyid02

andyid02 Regular Member

Move Container
    hahaa ya, AWS coming. guess you may ask the shop assistance to see whether they will have better suggestion on protecting your ankle.

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

demon85,

Yes, they do give some support. I have been saved a few times by the ankle guard. Unfortunately, the last twisted ankle (3 weeks ago) still happened with the ankle guard. So I'd say it gives some protection but is not bullet-proof.

13. stitch

stitch New Member

where?

hi, where did you bought your shb100 mx? via online? can you send the link?
    thanks!
    :confused: clueless stitch

#33 stitch, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  14. Monster

Monster Regular Member

I got the offer from Seria Plaza Asmin Enterprise.

I went to Centrepoint, Gadong 1st Floor Krisma (Owned by Istana's Indonesian Coach) and the offer I got was BND130 for SHB-100LTD. I ended up buying a pair of Mizuno shoes and I am starting to like my Mizuno shoes now. I got the Mizuno shoe for BND72 from Mufakat, Kiulap with a pair of Yonex socks for free (the ergonomic type).

15. Monster

Monster Regular Member

Yonex shoes not lasting? I had one SHB-99LTD (red colour) and it lasted 3 years. The first sign of breaking is the sides. I think it is very lasting.

However, there are lots of counterfeit Yonex products here and they are called "Grade A" stuff. "A" I guess to make it sound better.

But...I kept changing the inside soles because of the holes esp on the big toe area.

16. drop2it

drop2it Regular Member

I also tend to get holes in the big toe area. Other than that, yonex shoes are great.