Yonex ArcSaber 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Antokbali

Antokbali Regular Member

A racket stringer
    Hi phandrew! I agreed with you. I bought the fake one not because I supporting them BUT I really would like to see fake racket. I really have never seen fake racket before I bought. I only read and have pic from this forum. Now I have it. Sooo..funny how the faked Arcsaber 10 and 7. The finishing is so rough. I have tried the original both Arcsaber and comparing to the fake one, it 's really different.
    Pity that no one can stop people selling the fake yonex or other stuff. The important key is the buyer like us. If we stop buying, they will give up with all junks/rubbish they have. Greetings from cold Switzerland and Peace!

2. derekcai

derekcai Regular Member

I acctually find the Ns9000x stiffer then the X2 Gold.:eek::eek:

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It's hard to believe that but majority of people would agree with me that X2 gold is stiffer than the NS9000X and the stiffest racket in the market..

4. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    I believe Arc10 is shoulder friendly. And they're pretty good vs clashes since the CSCarbon is pretty tough. And I've got clashes even accidentally balancing my self with the racket T_T... But when I checked no mis-shape or paint chips, except those I made with a very strong missing forehand on a Yonex M500 T_T... a very small chip though xD...

And just like the people said in this forum, wore those scar as a Battle Wound lol xD... I don't care bout what happened though since it's a gift xD.

5. Plutarch

Plutarch Regular Member

IBM developer

Lol, I would care more if it were a gift :p
    and though the frame its self may be strong, the paint for mine is falling off really quickly. It was scratch free for maybe the first 2 weeks, and then the slightest taps (though i admit I had one MASSIVE clash) often result in paint chipping off.
    As for the racket being shoulder friendly, I guess its just me adjusting to the lighter weight.

6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

IMO, ARM0RTEC is much better than ARMDRTEC.

7. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    ARMDRTEC doesn't exist. ARM0RTEC also doesn't exist. It's spelled as Armortec

8. K4mu1

K4mu1 Regular Member

Student
    No I don't really care, because the paint chip is caused by the one who give it xD... About the frame... couldn't agree more xD... I've "taste" it when I return this smash... and the racket accidentally hit me in my face T_T... It's hurt and the frame is like "smiling" at me... Asking Are You Okay? Since I'm fine T_T.... :crying::crying::crying::crying:

9. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    On the racquets, it's spelled ARMORTEC in capital letters. So you guys both screwed up :p

10. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I like to write with formality :cool::cool:

11. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I'm lovin it!!

I got an early Christmas pressie this year and it is an ArcSaber10 JP all the way from Osaka.

Strung it with BG 66 @ 26 lbs just they way i like it.

I already have 2 sessions with it (3 hours each) and i am so in love with the racket. Prior to the ARC 10 i was using the Ti-10 2nd Gen. Having used the light headed racket switching to the Arc 10 did not take much as it only affected my smashes and back hand clears. It was just timing those shots.

Besides that, man this rackets is amazingly good at fast drives (offense and defense), control at the net, drop shots and defense.It is just amazing. It fits in to my game play and the even balance means that there is a bit more weight on the head of the racket gave me better power over my smashes.Somehow my drives are more accurate and faster.Defense is awesome as i can use less strength to flick the shuttle cross court.

The Apacs version of it which i just recently sold came not even close to the real thing.

I have been using all the AT. From 700,800 to 900 and still i think nothing comes close to the ARC 10.Judging from my personal point of view and my own gameplay the ARC 10 is the best all rounder racket so far for me.I thought that nothing can beat the legendary Ti-10 in which i still have a great respect.

Thanks to Ants i have always find your reviews quite spot on.For the ARC 10 it was spot on from the start even the price:p. No matter what people says about this racket. I think it performs up what it stands for - An all rounder racket.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. Deric Chang

Deric Chang Regular Member

I got my arc 10 2 weeks ago and only got the hang of it last nite. Had trouble with getting power into my smashes. Only yesterday was I able to feel the power. Overall, I felt a 'numbing' effect from the racket. Sort of like driving a Japanese car with power steering. You don't feel the road condition, which is kinda boring. No 'kick back' feel.

However, having said that, the weirdest thing about the racket is the high repulsion of the shuttle from the racket face. Soon as the shuttle touches the strings, it bounces away in a hurry!!! I have always been the type of player to release my shuttle at the last moment. Imagine the horrors when the shuttle does not go where I intend to put it. The numbing feeling does not help as you don't feel much of the shuttle at the other end. I have my racket strung at 27lbs using BG 66. Anybody here can offer some advice on this. One hugh plus point though, the huge sweet spot on the racket face.

The drives are awesome but because of the above, accuracy suffers compared to my Arc7 which gives me the ultimate accuracy thus far on net play and drops. (Minus the smashing power though! :eek:)

Appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Deric

13. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Hi,

Try stringing it with NBG98 @ 28LBS Single piece stringing. You will love it more.

Thanks.

14. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Hi,

It is matter of time. Habitually, you have been used to the ARC 7, and you are trying to derive the same feel from ARC 10. Forget the ARC 7, and get used to your ARC Saber 10. Arc Saber 10 can actually hold the shuttle on the string base longer than any other rackets.

And... try stringing it with NBG98 at 28LBS....

For doubles, this is the only racket I love using.

Thanks.

15. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    nice ! i liked. next year start on market?

16. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    ????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

17. modious

modious Regular Member

Sorry maybe I didn't read your earlier posts on this but why 1 piece stringing?
    My ARC10 is also strung using the 1 piece method but I'm thinking of switching to 2 piece.

18. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Well... it is personal preference.

There are people who like to string 28 x 26LBS, insisting that that was recommended by YONEX, else it will cause stress to the frame and break the racket. I have been stringing some of my rackets for years with one piece and never have any problems.

But... it is because I am stringing at 28 x 28LBS, thus one piece stringing is OK. If you are stringing at different tensions for your Main and Cross... 2 piece stringing should be more adequate...

Thanks.

19. modious

modious Regular Member

So you have not tried 2 piece stringing and see if there's any difference? Maybe it will be better? :D

Anyway, I will be stringing my 2 ARC 10 using the 2 methods soon to see what's the difference.

However, I'm not too sure if the tension on both rackets will be similar. If one is strung @ 27lbs (using NBG 98, 1 piece method), what should be the tension when using 2 piece method? 28 x 26 lbs??

20. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    I used to string at 28 x 26LBS, two piece stringing. After I changed to one piece stringing, well.... I have been stuck with it...:D.

Thanks.