How long do your rackets last you?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Byro-Nenium, Aug 10, 2002.

1. frictionman

frictionman Regular Member

Lawyer
    Never broken a racket, paint chips yes but broken as in throw it in the trash never.

I'm a defensive player, defensive to my partner that is... :D

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Never broke any.

My old Cab 13 SP (old logo, purple) is 9 years old this year. Went through racquets clashes, sat upon (accidentally), the paint chipped off much. Strung often at 20 - 21 lbs, only began to use 24lbs on it of late and it STILL plays like new.

A friend broke his MP55 in less than 5 months.

If a shot is 50:50, I'd let the other guy get it.

#22 wilfredlgf, Sep 28, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  3. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hmm

i broke my ti-10 last mnth which i replaced it with the new mp 77. I

I broke it while i was hitting the shuttle to base line in a singles game. 1 side of the racket broke while the otehr side was still alright.. could be the casue of gradual hurt to the racket from scooping and ocassional diving which triggered the final blow when using full force energy. Seems that the ti frame area was not as durable as the overall built up of the racket. :)

:: still see ppl selling ti-10 altough its retired.. good racket..

4. Hamz

Hamz Regular Member

Logistics
    Bought my proace titatium dream a year ago & clashed hard with my partner 4 months ago. Noticed a hairline crack, 3 o'clock where the paint chips. Continue to play with it , string broke & restrung. Final blow when the frame collapse (2 weeks ago) when hitting a shuttle to clear. Maybe the shuttle hit the frame, not so sure.

Awaiting my replacement racket MP100 TH, 3U...

5. fhchiang

fhchiang Regular Member

i did break a racquet...

but it wasn't on court...

i broke it because my hand was so icthy that time.... ... i jump and try to simulate a smash in my house...

results...

i hit the racquet against the celling... and the frame BROKE(not crack)......

well.... i think.. racquet don't break easily on court unless...

i threw my ti-10 to the floor several times.. and sometimes.. .. the frame touches the floor when i return a smash or when i serve(mistake)...

but it doesn't break.....

.. so i think.. racquet is quite safe on court.... unless you try to be funny... .. swing it outside of court..

6. Framerate

Framerate Regular Member

IT-related
    I´ve broken two rackets. One of them was a Boron-2. :(
    During an intense double my partner smashed on it by mistake.
    Now, I never use my best racket in a double or mixed.

7. fhchiang

fhchiang Regular Member

finally i broke my Ti-10...

It Lasted Me For 2 months.... it broke when a miss hit took place... the shuttle hit the frame at 2 o'clock... and the frame cracked at that position..

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm always very careful with my rackets. Haven't broke any yet. But i did had a crack on my Mp90 due to clash. It will break if i have another clash again with it. So i decided to retire it. :D

9. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

well..sad to say, i've broken my ti swing power.. hopefully i'll be able to get it fixed

10. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

I broke A Wilson Hyper Carbon 7.0 i lost my temper in a game and i hit it against my foot and the frame broke :(

and my Snow Peak Racket which was 3 yr's old broke in 3 places :(

11. gleny67

gleny67 Regular Member

Hmmmm casualities of war.........well...to date, I have broken 2 aerotus 110s and a boron 200 by smashing. Each time, there was no clash nor any pre-existing damage on the racquets but just a result of either a combination of repeated smashes or one solid smash. I just chalk this up to fatigue of the racquets *owned each one for at least a 1yr*. I did have a Ti Sp for all most 2yrs and it ended up with a broken handle which I did fix. Again, I believe this was a result of some solid smashing during its time. Given the length of time I've used these racquets, without a doubt, I totally believe that Yonex racquets are durable *incidently, I've owned several Sp versions and I've never had an issue with durability* In fact I am currently using two Mp 100s *one Sp and one Tw/4months old now I think* and they're both solid *strung at 22/24*

12. carlol

carlol Regular Member

entreprenuer
    been playing since 2000, broke 2 rackets.

1st was a yonex ti8 (prolly fake) wch i bought 2nd hand from a friend, my 1st racket. it cracked at the 9'clock and oozed some kinda epoxy looking stuff after hitting my shin while trying to smash from an awkward position.

my 2nd, a cab 15 sp long, is wierd. it doest have a crack, didnt break, but is recently starting to get loose at the junction of the shaft and the grip. I know if i keep playing with it, its gonna break loose. Has this happended to any of u guys? Is this a factory defect therefore replaceable? I'm in manila, and i dont know if the shops here honor warranties. been using the racket for arnd a year now, playing 3 times a week at 2-3hours.

i take care of my rackets and subscribe to the philosophy that its not worth the point to clash with my doubles partner's racket for a measly pt.

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Never.

but I did break a lot of strings :)
    (I am buying a lot of rackets just because I broke two strings of rackets in a hour before)

14. TrueBlue

TrueBlue Regular Member

I think it`s the same with my at 700 4u. It makes noise since i got it. When i bend it or swing it hard it makes very loud "crack".
    I cannot get power out of it. I have another at 700 3u which feel s much better when i swing it ...
    Is it unusuable?