Correct tactics : Lifting the shuttle in doubles ???

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by DaveC, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Nanospeeder

Nanospeeder Regular Member

Grad student
    Yes if the opposing smasher lacks placement and sting or his drop is predictable. Or his front partner is slow to intercept crosscourt/straight drives. In other words, your defence is better than their attack. :D

I think the 15 point system is more advantageous for lifters/defensive players....you can afford to defend and lift all day. Veterans playing before 2006 have great defence because of this system.

But if playing 21 point, I think lifting is suicidal, any mistakes in your defence is magnified tremendously, and your partner will become less confident in you and bitter. :( You also lose trust in your partner.

2. Foppa17

Foppa17 Regular Member

Happened to me lastweek 2x in the same match. Lifted, I went to the front close to the net, really aggressive and basically told my partner to smash. Hear a weak nothing shot type sound, next thing I know there's a smash heading to my face. Hit in the face both times to a "Sorry" from the partner

3. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    Happened to me as well, you're not the only one.

I exchanged words with my partner and he just did it again. What a clot! I understand that my partner was only a beginner and he needs time to learn, but I don't take kindly to someone ruining a rally I had done nothing wrong in and getting a smash in the face. Sadly, I can't always get partners/opponents of a similar level to me, so it's inevitable that at least once a week, I will have incidents like this.

Thankfully, my main partner (the one I play with for my club) is not so much of an idiot and if he makes a mistake, will do his best not to do it again.

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

How I wish that by exchanging words with LinDan, he can impart me the wisdom that will allow me to beat the rest of the world. It doesn't happen man. Badminton is a game of technique and it takes time to build up both the strokes and movements to take advantage of a plan.

In this case, you being the more experienced player is definitely at fault. Your game plan is wrong because you have not taken your partner strengths and weaknesses into consideration.

5. nicknackman

nicknackman Regular Member

weeyeh is right...if you're the more experience player...you will always find a great way to set up your partner for a shot he/she is comfortable hitting. When in doubt if your partner keeps making mistakes let them know everytime they make a mistake as it takes repitition for someone to learn what they are doing wrong when playing in a game.

6. Foppa17

Foppa17 Regular Member

It happens once I kinda let it slide. Cos it could've come off the frame and been a slight mishit. If it happen repeatedly, you gotta ask questions. I tend to trurt my partners to make the shot more often than not