Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Carbonexer, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Carbonexer

Carbonexer Regular Member

Ha.. ha.. ha.. you got me right there Marky. Yes I would but definately not Titaniumer. And I wouldn't change to a name that is dependant of a racket name or series again. Lesson learnt. As you see, I might not stop at Ti-10 if my shoulder pain persist. :D

From tomorrow onwards, my new name shall be

stay tuned to this channel until tomorrow if you wanna find out

2. tonny

tonny Regular Member

yups... but one cause of shoulder pain is becuz of bad technique. Badminton is a more of a forearm game. Shoulders actually places a smaller part.

3. Carbonexer

Thanks but I have to agree and disagree. Yes it could be or may not be due to bad technique. As I have said, I will let the pro decide on that next session. But I disagree that shoulder actually plays a small part in badminton. Shoulder rotation is required in almost every stroke in badminton.

4. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    Hi Carbonexer

This is due to the tension of your string.If all the while
    you string the tesion at 23 lbs than you switch to 25 or 26 lbs
    you will have this problem because the tighter the
    tension you have to use more strength.As a result you
    over stretch.After your badminton game you should do
    a warm down just like before game warm up.This is David
    from Singapore.

Cheers

5. Carbonexer

Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Thanks for the advise David. I think you were right about the tension theory. All the while I have been playing comfortably at 20lbs and since I started playing at 22lbs, shots were less powerful and harder to control and I feel that I need much more effort to achieve the same result. I will try to get use myself to 21lbs.

Btw, which part of Singapore and on which day do you normally play?

6. Carbonexer

Re: Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

Come to think of it, I believe the tension on my Cab21 is more than 22lbs. Now I recall that when I compared with my friends 24lbs racket, mine seems to be more tighther. I wonder could it be the case whereby the shop deliberately strung it higher so I have a better chance of breaking the string or breaking the racket which either one will also benefit him. :mad:

7. Scanner

Scanner Regular Member

Accounts
    Re: Re: Re: Shoulder pain: Lighter or heavier racket?

I play at PUB,SHELL CLUB & Community Centres.
    I play on MON,TUE,THUR,FRI,SAT & SUN, i does
    coaching for students.By the way i also sell some
    badminton products.Where are you from?

Cheers

8. silentlight

silentlight Regular Member

student/programmer
    Actually, this could also result from using a thinner string, thin strings feel tighter than thicker strings at the same tension. For instance bg65 at 21lbs. doesn't feel as tight as bg66 or bg80 at the same tension.

9. Carbonexer

I think you might be right about that theory. My cab21 strung at 22lbs with T68i (which is thinner) definately feels tighter than my new T-10 strung at 24lbs with BG66. I still think that my cab21 was strung way beyond 24lbs. It is extremely tight to the extent that I feel impossible to play net. The birdie will always drop dead when it touches the string.

Marky Mark was right about T-10. Last nite was the first time I used my new T-10. Not only I didn't feel any pain in my shoulder but I feel much more powerful than before with this racket to the extent that I made so much mistakes for hitting the birdie way out of the court. I don't know why some people here said that T-10 is difficult to get used to because I could immediately get used to it without feeling any kind of difficulty at all. Its just the extra power that I think I must learn to control when I clear the birdie and also to train my wrist to produce sharper smash.

Just by using it for 2 hours, I immediately fall in love with this racket and I would like to thank the person that sold his T-10 to me. Now I don't know what shall I do with my cab21 and cab20. I will probably restring my cab21 and sell my cab20.