Moving from NS7700 to ARC10?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Peter-B4U, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    Hey guys.

i've just bought 3 new nice and hopefully awesome arc10 rackets.
    so this isn't wich one should i get thread, but i hope i can get some advice and experience..

What will be the things i should notice when im moving from the nanospeed 7700 to the arcsaber 10?

What is all the difference? what should i beware of etc. ?

I of course want some input from guys who knows what they are talking about, but the best would be you guys who have made the switching from the 7700 to an arc10.. thanks..

2. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The Arc10 will make it very difficult for you to smash with at first. I know this as it's hard work switching from any racket to an Arcsaber 10. Just spend plenty of time with it and your smash will improve to better than it was before you got the Arc 10. Don't expect it to happen overnight but when it does, it'll be worth it. Other than that, quality racket, there isn't much else to add.

One other thing you should be aware of is the fact that the paint on the Arc 10 chips very easily. It looks rather ugly when this happens, so I'd advise that you be very careful with your new purchases.

3. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    Thanks danstevens.

when you say i've to be verye carefully, is it just becourse of the paintin? or does the racket brake very easely?

Do you have something to say with the tension/strings? Normally i play with 36 lbs bg-80 in mig 7700.. is there a setup wich is better for the arc 10?

anyone else is also allowed to say something! :D

4. kimir

kimir Regular Member

36 lbs? wow!!!!

5. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    what is now wrong with that? :)
    i can't mention it anywhere before people comment it..
    yes i play with 36lbs but im 16 years old so i got more than enough power to get the shuttle going.. please keep to the topic :)

6. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I'm almost 16, and most people my age play with around 23lbs~26lbs. I play with 28lbs but.. you play with 36lbs :eek:!!.. Are you one of those top junior players from Denmark ?

Once again, be really careful with your racquet then.. clashing at 36lbs won't just get a paint chip, it might get your racquet broken. Pretty obvious but just saying.. :p

7. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    Let's just say i'm not a beginner ;)
    Well sometimes the racket broke when i hit it very wrong.. but normally a new stinging will do the job :)

anybody who have some to say to the topic? :)

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    ARC10 shouldn't be too much slower than your NS....you'll find you'll get more feedback from the ARC. I disagree with Danstevens, I find ARC10 is an easy racquet to use, but it's different racquets for different people I guess.

9. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    i tryed it last week and i find it much more forgiving than my NS7700 .. it might be the tension, but i felt it easyer to move the shuttle around the court. though i didn't got that much power but i hope it's just a matter of getting use to the new racket.. i think it's hard to say bacouse i've only tried it for a few hits..

anyone else who has something to say? :)

10. noggin

noggin Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I've had a hit with both of these racquets, but not had extended time with either.

My impression, for what it's worth, is that the main difference will be in the stiffness of the shafts. My recollection of the NS7700 was that it felt really whippy, which for me made it a non-starter. I would expect that you'd find the Arc10 to feel quite a bit stiffer in comparison.

It does seem slightly odd to be asking for opinions after you've made the purchase, but I'm sure you have your reasons!

11. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    it's as simple as all my rackets is broken (ns7700) and i bought the arc10 in a hurry..
    but well i just asking for what i should beware of while switching to the arc..

thanks so far, but more replys is welcome!

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I agree completely with the "whippy" assessment of the NS7700; it seems to have acquired some of the DNA of its younger brother, the 6000. The 7k7 just wasn't special IMO - the 7k, at least, has incredible manouevrability.

I also agree that coming up from an NS7700 to an Arc 10 would be hard work for most people, as the shaft behaves completely differently and requires better technique, but I found the Arc 10's power VERY easy to access, having come "down" from Armortecs and SOTX Wovens.

If you're experienced enough to play at 36 lbs then I can't recommend it highly enough - it's one of those rare rackets that can actually cause improvement in the game of the user (it did for the 1 hour knock our club's flashy Arc 10 owner allowed me, anyway:eek:).

13. Peter-B4U

Peter-B4U Regular Member

Pupil, in school..
    yes i know it requieres a better technique to use the arc10. But i did in a lot of cases found my 7k700 to 'easy' if you understand .. and thats was one of the reasons i have it at that hard tension. as i wrote in another tread, i still start out with a lower tension thoug it should be good at very high tensions. :)

i've got it know and it is at one of my friends to got stringed and know i hope it will do the work from day one :)

other inputs are very welcome..

14. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

What sort of problem would he experience with a new racquet if he's already used to using 36lbs ?!