Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Did he specify his reason, Sire?

2. fareast

fareast Regular Member

Just readng some news at Kompas.com, it says that Icuk is withdrawing his candidacy for PBSI Chairman.

Does this mean only single candidate running for election? So it is confirmed that Djoko Susanto will be the next chairman?

3. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    wow,,why now icuk pulled himself from being the candidate from head of PBSI ?
    is to odd for me,because he really eager to become head of pbsi and now he just pulled himself??
    :confused::confused:

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Please do not assume that he is a reasonable person... :p

5. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    He should not be nominated himself to begin with....he is so damn stubborn person ....are you supporting him???:eek:

6. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    yeah, I know
    it's really clear when I saw his opinion at news sport or at newspaper
    that he really wanted to become head of pbsi

well,actually at the first time
    I did support him,becaused in my mind
    he was a former badminton player,he knows everything about badminton in indonesia,and so on..
    but after I know that he has a lot of conflict with some of badminton player
    and his attitude,,
    I don't think it's good for him,to become head of pbsi

now,general djoko is ready to become head of pbsi
    and sby(president of indonesia) is gived green light to djoko to become head of pbsi

because I don't know a lot about general djoko
    and why he must to be a head of pbsi

so,I guess
    now I just wait and see the result of this conference
    hehe..

huangkwokhau,who will you support for this chair? :D

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Thanks for providing nothing but distraction, 'cuk. Hope the fine folks in Central Java see right through you and doesn't make the mistake of electing a scoundrel.....

8. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Many less badminton knowledge INA people agree Icuk as PBSI head just because he is ex badminton's player.
    A lot of Badminton's people in Indonesia, we are very welcome to badminton's person like Mr. Justian, Mr. Juniarto (Tangkas) or Mr. Anwari (Djarum/Central Java) or others but excactly not Icuk.

PBSI head are voted by Pengdas not badminton players or badminton club. Some of Pengda heads are Political person from some political party not badminton people.
    Some problems was happened when PBSI candidate from non military person, some Pengda-s tried anything when they didn't agree something.

Remember, Mr. Justian lost to Mr Chairul Tanjung in narrow votes, but 2 years then Mr. Chairul was shooted down by the Pengdas who support him in election with the reason 21 Pengda-s wanted it bla bla bla :rolleyes:

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    For sure it is not ICUK...everybody is fine as long as they know how to find the fund for INA Badminton....:cool:

10. ssertere

ssertere Regular Member

11. badadum

badadum Regular Member

12. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    well,i guess icuk has something to do inside his mind
    that we don't know
    but,his attitude about he pulled himself from the election
    is really made him like a man who only can speak louder,but in the end
    he just a liar.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..appreciate for confirming, guys..:cool:

..with all the shenanigans, sounds like being a politician is not a bad gig for Icuk, after all..:rolleyes:[​IMG]:p

#533 ctjcad, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  14. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    A rumor says that Icuk tamely gave up in his run for head of PBSI because he is promised a decent place in the 2008-2012 organization.
    Izzit true? :(

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    To my knowledge, he won't get anything from Pak Joko... ;) Jagdpanther, since a few months ago I told you Icuk does not have real support nor any viable bargaining power against [the current or the next] PBSI top management...

16. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    #536 Jagdpanther, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  17. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    I hope general djoko can do his duty as head of PBSI very well
    and can make badminton of indonesia become bigger and stronger!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :) :)

18. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    this is great news!congrats to pak djoko. hopefully with him being head of pbsi, ina will produce more olympic gold medalists for london 2012 :D
    does this mean that players will still be returned to their former clubs and not sent to HK open?

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Once again PBSI chief has military background, waiting his ambition to set badminton more popular in Indonesia (as we know the most popular sport here is no one but football), here's news article taken from The Jakarta Post :

New PBSI chief Djoko sets sights on silverware

Niken Prathivi , The Jakarta Post , Jakarta | Sun, 11/16/2008 10:25 AM | Sports

Newly elected chairman of the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) Djoko Santoso has pledged to popularize the sport at home and win silverware abroad.

"My ambition is to make the sport more popular among Indonesians and pick up the world champion titles," said the National Military chief during a media conference following his election Saturday.

"To realize the vision, we must strengthen our ties of togetherness, kinship, unity and solidarity. That's the basic principle officials and athletes must implement to develop badminton," he added.

Djoko succeeded Sutiyoso, a retired Army general. His tenure will expire in 2012.
    His bid to win the election received a boost when former world champion Icuk Sugiarto withdrew in the race a few days before a national badminton convention at the Sultan Hotel. Icuk is still serving a two-year ban from the association.

Icuk, who was relieved from his position as chairman of the Jakarta badminton chapter, said he had retracted his bid to protect the unity of the association.

"I thank you all for giving me the mandate to lead the PBSI," Djoko said at the convention after he was unanimously elected chairman.

Djoko gained support from representatives of 32 participating provincial chapters. The East Nusa Tenggara chapter did not send a representative.

Asked about what steps he would take in his new role, Djoko said he had not yet formulated a plan of action.

"I'm a new guy in the federation, so I still need help from Sutiyoso in forming the program," he said.

The immediate administrative challenges facing the new chairman will be to form a new board of associations. He will be assisted by the four-strong team comprising Jakob Rusdianto (East Java), Anwari (Central Java), Alexander Daud (North Sulawesi) and Johanes (North Sumatra).

Sutiyoso said he was willing to discuss the future of the PBSI with Djoko.
    2004 Olympic gold medalist Taufik Hidayat said he expected the new leadership would recruit young officials who could contribute fresh ideas to the organization.

"I also still hope that one day our athletes will be given the chance to speak up during the convention," he said.

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

oh..so congrats to General Djoko Santoso:):D