Wilson K factor tour - survey

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by C6Goh, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Nanospeeder

Nanospeeder Regular Member

Grad student
    Wilson racquets are made in China, that's why it's cheaper than Yonex.

If made in USA, the labour cost is way higher and the racquets more expensive.

2. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

Just received my 2nd KTour. here is the update, since this one is different from the first one i have.

Old one, made in China. got it in 2007. balance point: 287 mm with one Yonex 102EX overgrip and Yonex BG-65 string (24 lbs). the spec sheet says tension up to 29 lbs.

New one, made in China, got it today, 10/30/08. balance point: 294 mm with one Wilson X-Tra Tack overgrip and Yonex BG-65 string (26 lbs). the spec says tension can go up to 30 lbs.

3. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

the two i have are both 3U/G4.

4. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

why the old one balance with 287 and the new with 294 ???

5. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

What is the weight of new vs old? I have one with the exact spec as the Wilson websites...balance at 290 and I think there is one older one balance point at 295...thus the one you are talking about is totally new...are you sure it's Ktour?

6. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

it puzzled me as well. they both are KTour. according to Wilson, the new one was the new shipment they received from China.

i don't have a scale to weigh them though.

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    There will always be variance, you can't make EXACT duplicates. Same thing for car's engine, if you put 2 identical car with the same engine on the dyno, you will get different power output, the variance can be as great as 5% sometimes.

8. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

No ! we are not talking about the exact weight but what is printed on the racket? Is the balance point printer really 287 and 294? Strange as it would be easier to just round them up as there are variance in the balance point as well. If what dunmaster said is true, then there are a total of 4 variance of Wilson Ktour.....ha ha..that's weird.
    I just make sure mine has the exact spec as what is printed on Wilson.com...

9. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

what i have are the actual measured BP. the BP is not printed anywhere on the shaft.

by the way, the printed words on the shaft are exactly the same on both rackets.

10. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Dunmaster..you definitely have a different Wilson Ktour...as all the Wilson Kfactor series sold here in Malaysia and Singapore have both BP and weight printed on the shaft. I think there is even a photo of the printed BP and weight in this website. How about the max string, where did you get the info from?

11. dunmaster

dunmaster Regular Member

cd4se: please excuse my mistake. the BP is printed on the shaft, and they are all the same. these are what's on the shaft:

Weight: 85-89g, Balance, 29.0cm, Shaft: Stiff.

The tension was on the little piece of paper that came with the racket. i happen to have the old one and new one, which I threw away yesterday.

12. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Well ..it's the same as the one I have...