Need help deciding on what racquet to get?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dave18, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Hey,

I've been using a mp99 3UG4 for about 3 years now and I absolutely love it. But I'm looking for a backup racquet in case my strings breaks or maybe even a new primary racquet. I have 2 mp99s but I'm looking for something new.

I'm an intermediate player and play on my varsity team. I'm looking for something to pack a little more power than my current mp99. I'm a hard hitter as well.

I've been looking into the mp100 3U and at700 3U but am not sure on what to pick. I'm also open to other suggestions to other racquet recommendations that are extra stiff.

From your experience, out of the two racquets mp100 and at700, which one is closely similar to mp99?

Thanks.

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Are you able to find the MP100 ? I thought they are out of production ?

I suggest AT700 if you are out and out offensive player and focus mainly on Singles. Else the AT900T is good for both singles and doubles.

MP100 should be closer in feel to the MP99. The MP100/MP99 has a smaller isometric head than the AT series I believe.

3. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    There is a dealer in Toronto who still has a few in stock for the mp100.

It's hard for me to find the old AT700, i have to do some research on the differences between the old and new AT700.

I play both singles and doubles so AT700 would probably be out of the question. I guess MP100 would be weak for doubles too :(...

I guess I'll have to look into the AT900P.

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i suggest that if you fell the need to change from MP- 99, get the 100.
    that is one superbad racket..... it owns.....

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If you play both singles and doubles, I suggest looking at either AT900T or the ARC10.

Not too sure if this piece of info has any bearing on your decision, but the AT900T is the most popular racquet used by Olympic 2008 medallists !

6. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The Arc10 is a good racket, but you may find you'll need to add some lead tape if you like head heavy rackets. If you were willing to use lots of lead tape, I think the Nanospeed 9000X would hit hard too. If you don't want to add lead, then either the MP100 or AT700. For doubles, I currently use an Arcsaber 10.