@ Vancouver Sept 13-15....

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by kwun, Sep 5, 2003.

1. SChan

SChan Regular Member

Re: Re: Re: Roll call...

no i don't but juniors are only not allowed in the club from midnight to 7am. :D though i might not have priority i can still play from 8-12. :p

2. TTT

TTT Regular Member

I'll be there...and I usually stay late when I go....

3. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    Wow, to think I almost missed out on this! :eek:

Luckily, a few VRC-BF.com members managed to track me down at VRC and ClearOne. You can definitely count me in on the festivities.

I'll be available for Saturday afternoon and evening. Unfortunately, not for dinner though as I have a family function to attend. But late-night snack is definitely a go! :D I might be good to go on Sunday too... if I can still walk (I have a varsity badminton team try-out in the afternoon from 1-3pm, followed by training at ClearOne from 5:30-7:30PM). Hmmm... now that I think of it, that's kinda brutal :eek:. Maybe I'll just show up and help sign guests in on Saturday and Sunday :D.

My wife will be joining us on Saturday evening and maybe Sunday as well. I've also contacted WilloW who's also a VRC-BF.com member about this weekend. He's planning on coming out Saturday evening. So there's two more VRC members to help sign guests in Saturday evening.

Anywayz, looking forward to meeting you all this weekend :).

4. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll call...

Ahh, that's only for unsupervised juniors. Just tell them your with your dad - Badrad. Unfortunately most members knows me and will call b---s--t but you are welcome to try. I've seen plenty of juniors stay well past midnight.

Timeless - varsity team? cool... which one? BF United?

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hmmmm speaking of being knighted grand-daddy age, I seem to recall Cooler is a bit older than Badrad.... And I do believe a certain Marky confessed an age to me as well. But then I just look older. oh, don't mind me, it's the age talking here forgetfulness.

Hey Cooler, will you be attending the afternoon with Kwun/Janet/Chiho/PeteLSD/Schan(?). I'll try to get back to the club by 6 and maybe we can all scoot over for a quick dinner close by.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i will get in vancouver very early saturday morning and departing on next monday evening. I'd be pretty loose and free, i dont have anything commited yet. :)

7. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    badrad: shiiii.... between you and me :eek:

8. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    i will be there around 7pm till everyone leaves and count me in on the snacks as well;)

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I'm tied up Saturday morning and afternoon, but you remember the way to the VRC. Usually with the junior and senior equal priority with only 3 free courts, the waits can be quite long, but give ample time to chat.

If you want more play time after the Saturday night (if Kwun and Janet don't have as much energy as us oldies) we could get some more playing Sunday with our annual group Viver and WWC maybe. I'm available Sunday morning and afternoon if WWC and Viver want to set up something at Clearone. Maybe some of the other BF'ers who can't make it Saturday would like to try that arrangement as well.

Since you are leaving Monday evening, I could also arrange my meetings on Monday to the afternoon and we could go to the VRC on Monday morning. There's a small group there that are good players and can give a tough game.

Cheez... this makes me sound like I play badminton every day...

10. Traum

Traum Regular Member

What, badrad? You don't?! :D

A practical question for me is how the non-VRC members would be able to get in. As in physically getting into VRC. Somehow I have this impression that VRC's doors are locked, and you either need a key to get in, or you need to press a buzzer to get someone from the office to let you in.

-Rick

11. timeless

timeless Regular Member

Comp. Eng.
    The entrance to VRC is always locked and requires a member's key to get in. In the evening after everyone in the office and proshop leaves it can be quite difficult getting in by using the buzzer. The buzzer doesn't ring everywhere in the club, only in the office, proshop, and within earshot of the entrance. So guests showing up late will have to rely on luck of someone walking through the front foyer. I suggest the guests setup a meeting time with a member. If guests show up at all different times it will be difficult for both guests and members.

12. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    Gee, skipping Seattle while you're here, even though Vancouver has better badminton (especially facility wise, I almost kissed the floor the first time I was
    at VRC) and food. We do have a place to play on Saturday from 2 pm to 5+pm
    (close to Seatac airport) and it's generally not crowded. You're welcome to stop by,
    play badminton at Seattle from 2 to 5, and drive to Vancouver (border crossing
    line will definitely be shorter at this time) for dinner and play the rest of the
    night/morning at VRC.

13. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Hey Clinton! It really sounds like you need to catch and carpool with Kwun up to Vancouver and get in on the fun as well! The more the merrier!

14. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Yeah, that's a great idea. Catch a ride and book a room in the same hotel & get a ride back too on Monday :D

15. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Unfortunately I don't think the family is going to be happy with me if I spend Saturday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon playing baddy after spending most of the week away from home :(

16. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Man, never hear that in the badrad family....:D Just got woken up from a nice nap - little and mrs. badrad dragging my butt to school team practice. Yeah, guess I gotta go, since I'm running it... why you little.... ahhh badrad want sleep.... kitty cat make nice warm snuggle sleeper.... oh - kids waiting... badrad not go, not good..

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Badrad just setting the tone for "how to be a good family man". :D

18. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    oh my aching body... the good family man just got run into the ground by mrs and little badrad in drills. everyone does drills, no exceptions even the old man. luckily I get even by making the other kids do as many drills as I do. I love it when they curse me... hahahahahah

We'll be ready for Kwun and Cooler. heheheh - grandpa eh?

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    a nice deception ploy badrad, nice try...:p
    on my part, i dont do exercise or drills anymore.

20. viver

viver Regular Member

I'll be there around 9 pm. Hope that's not too late and somebody answers the door. ;)