Mizuno shoes or Asics ?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by RevoWithin, Sep 11, 2008.

1. RevoWithin

RevoWithin Regular Member

pharmacy undergraduate
    ok, thanks for the advice guys !! helped a lot !

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Nah... GTR!:D:D

3. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    out of way lor, GTR is Yonex, if you would rate it.

EVO vs WRX coz both r 4WD category and always fight neck to neck.

Asics & Mizuno is similar too, as I see members tend to compare these two :D

4. Deric Chang

Deric Chang Regular Member

For me, it has to be asics.... My current pair was bought over 2 years ago fro RM200, and I am still wearing it. The gel gives you a lot of 'bounce' and support especially for someone big and heavy for me. I swore off Yonex shoes long ago. They are not only expensive but stiff and uncomfortable. The worst part is, it does not last..... None I had last more than 9 months... all tear at the front portion. My last pair of Yonex even worse! it had this 'lump' in the middle of the insole that caused so much pain in my foot that I insist that the retailer change for me.... he didn't even resist... just called the salesman involved and got me another pair..... the salesman dragged his feet... the retailer than offered that i exchange the full cost of the shoes for other badminton items in his shop.... imagine that.... they know themselves how crappy their shoes are!!!

Down side though... seeing so many new asics model... can't buy, my shoe still in good condition after more than 2 years.....:crying:

5. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    which model are you sing deric? asics rocket? where did you purchase it? here in ipoh asics shoes with gel all cost more than 200 ringgit. :D

6. Deric Chang

Mine is the simple asics gel.... Bought it in Pertama Complex, downtown KL..... I think I kena potong already.... cos some frens say they can get at RM180. But still worth it laa.... pakai sampai 2 tahun lebih.... if Yonex, Koyak long time ago!!!:rolleyes:

7. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate

8. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    because of my weight, my next shoes will be either an asics gel or a indoor court mizuno. probably volleyball shoes if it is a mizuno because of the awesome cushioning. :) but my heart is leaning towards asics because i already have a mizuno. and the mizuno have very good traction on court. very satisfied. it is just that i want to try asics before deciding which one suits me best. one good thing about mizuno though is that they have wide feet models. :D some sports shoes' design are a bit narrow and uncomfortable.

9. Deric Chang

Yeah, Mizuno wide feet option is really good!!! Asics might be tight at first ( for those with wide feet) but because its material is mostly light weight mesh, it will adopt the shape of your feet after a few sessions. And because of they use light weight mesh, the shoe is very light, so ppl with weight issues would appreciate the extra oomph in court movement ...

10. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    excellent. i dont move like lightning on court anyway. so my priority will be cushioning. more so after i had sprained my ankle in july. the ankle area still feels unstable and i get heel pain once in a while even when i am not playing. :)

11. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    How berat are you Mr Chang??? hehe

12. Deric Chang

almost 100kg... maybe more now... after the rendang orgy during raya.... sigh...:crying:

13. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    Wow, really need a very2 good shoes :D

14. Deric Chang

learnt my lesson on the importance of shoes for any sports from young...... u can save on everything but not the shoes.... cos it supports your whole body weight.

I used to where my tennis cross trainers for badminton... good cushioning, but damn heavy. After I found asics.... lain tak nak laa

15. RevoWithin

pharmacy undergraduate
    deric leads me more and more to asics liao .... hahaha

16. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher

Yes. Betul tu. During my secondary school I always play badminton on a cement court without any footwear. That time okla, tak sakit langsung, the effect I suffer right now, feel pain here and there:(

Now I am using Mizuno. After this one rosak, I'll try Asics

17. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    Try this: 1 pair Asics, 1 pair Mizuno. Wear it althernate week. Good mah, have both at the same time, kekekekke....

Mizuno tends to have "thicker" sole than Asics albeit tad heavier. Thats y many ppl saying Mizuno more comfort. Asics more towards "Gel" cushioning, felt little jelly when stomping, shoe lightweight than mizuno.

I notice both brand rubber outsole really outlast YY. Both have stitching at the nose while YY has none (it has, stil not last long).

18. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i think mizuno and asics have different characteristics and strength. if we wear them alternately, the footwork will surely be affected. we play different in different shoes right? maybe not a big different but like playing with different rackets, we will make minor adjustments when we use different rackets. i think the same will apply to shoes. :)

19. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Unless there's huge difference in weight, I don't see footwork being affected too much cuz we adjust over time. I favor neither of them cuz they're both good brands.

20. NisroL_JR

NisroL_JR Regular Member

Teacher
    By car, how the easiest way to get to the Garden, ? What I've to do, to not get confused with the Megamall??