Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier 2014 : QUARTERFINALS (14th November 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2014' started by CLELY, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hu Yun is a very intelligent and witty player with a calm , steady temperament. I hope he becomes a coach when he retires,he'll be a big asset to the HKSAR Team. Hu Yun and Sho Sasaki are the two late bloomers that I admire the most in MS. Wei Nan is another outstanding late bloomer, imo.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A bit unlucky that the sensational young 17-yr old XD pair, Zeng SW/Chen QC, is facing their senior compatriot, the WR1, Zhang N/Zhao YL, tomorrow. Otherwise, I won't be surprised their dream run extends to the final.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I almost forgot to mention this young amazing pair, Zeng SW/Chen QC, is playing their back-to-back tournament after sensationally grabbing the Bitburger title last Sunday. From such an inexperienced,immature pair, I really shouldn't expect anymore big surprises - time for a reality check tomorrow.

4. bigying

bigying Regular Member

ERP Consultant
    looks like LD is serious about this tournament, esp seeing the rest of the Chinese MS team drop out like flies. i'd give CTC's chance of getting past LD at 10% chance (basically much less than 50%) my recommended strategy to CTC would be to play as "disengaged" as possible, and prolong the match and try to let LD make the mistakes, don't go for the perfectionist shots. when smashing, mix up 50% sidelines and 50% in the body. JOJ has proven effective in this regard. basically, don't wake up the "tiger" inside LD. i think today's match has proven LD to be one of the greatest of all time; he must have ice in his veins, which he has demonstrated once and again with all top 10 players. i wonder what LD's record is like when he gets into the semi-finals. he must be something like 90% successful in getting the gold when he gets to the semi's. i only recall him giving up to CL, WZM (by injury walkover) and maybe lost 1 or 2 to LCW.

#224 bigying, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  5. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    It is very interesting if the all Korean MD will be played. But idc as they didn´t put this match on tv court. Even though it is the WCF repeat... and if they play, it would almost ensure spectacle :D
    All Koreans have tough weeks (endurancewise) as all of them already played two events last week.
    Yoo could enter two finals I believe. Really nice to see Eom back, she is Koreas most exciting MX female doubles player.

MS Happy to see Marc coming through. Hope he can play tomorrow. LD showed his ice cold mentality. Another long match for him. A bit dissapointed by Momota... Chou is really a rising star. I expect fireworks tomorrow. If he has enough stamina left, I give him chances. I would like to see someone firing all out against LD. Sasaki tried to outrun him, but this won´t work against LD as he has propably the most efficient footwork and I bet his opponent run at least 25% more than him.

WS Never expected that there will be no WSX or WY in the finals. I like to see new faces ;)

WD a marathon match bt Japanase girls. I hope no.1 has enough stamina left for tomorrow. CHN dominates here as uasual

MX ZN/ZY will win it I belivie. Already mentioned YYS/Eom. Nice upset, as well as the chn youngsters.

MD Once again a bit disappointed by Endo/Hayakawa. They shouldn´t let this match slip away. Their compatriots did even worse. Great comeback by Chai/Hong.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I wasn't speaking about Liu/Qui..
    And yeah I am surprised as Hong/Chai took the decider comfortably