Qiao Bin

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Dec 14, 2010.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Does anyone know when BQ is playing in 2015?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The CHN Masters this month.

3. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

He is also taking part in NZ open after the CHN Masters.

4. antssantss

Retired
    Thanks to both of you.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Qiao Bin beat Chen Long in three straight sets,11-10,11-10,11-8,played on 24th Jan 2015; there's no 11-1 score. For Chen Long , it was Xiamen's away match where he had to travel hours by coach to Qingdao and upon arrival the match had to be played within four hours and the writer of an article I read explained that CL could be a little lethargic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KuZif4bC1I Mandarin commentary

In fact in the earlier home match on Chen Long's home ground at Xiamen on 5th Jan, he defeated Qiao Bin, his away match for Qingdao, in a convincing three sets scoring, 11-6, 11-7, and 11-8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpK-mbEhORk Mandarin commentary.

I'm glad that CBA is giving Qiao Bin another go in the international circuit, hope he proves himself worthy and becomes one of CHN MS mainstay.

6. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Regular Member

Lost in the first round at Vietnam GP along with all other China MS players; very poor performance.

Wonder what will happen to CHN MS when Lin Dan retires and Chen Long is the only reliable player left.

7. Zhierl

Zhierl Regular Member

I still believe the main reason of all Chinese youngster in all dicipline flop is lack of international experience. Exp for understanding not only their strength/weakness opponent but also their own. Understanding various gamestyle, environment, pressure, etc.
    I don't believe if skill or stamina to be the culprit.
    China still sleep in 2000-2010 glory with their never ending young talent emerge one by another, when with minimal experience they can shake the world, now world is difference.

I think, CBA must reorganized personally and policy too.

8. biomik

biomik Regular Member

Congratulation to Qiao Bin for his first superseries title. I like the sound he makes after winning a point - reminds me of angry cat :)

9. antssantss

Retired
    Not since Xue Song last year has a Junior impressed me. Actually when he first came on the scene I thought his game was unorthodox, unlike the other Juniors, and had potential, but his erroneous stroke play, over eargeness and poor footwork just didn't allow him to execute his shots.Now with very good stamina and having sharpened his stroke play, he can add power, speed and great footwork with good anticipation to win his points quite easily. I feel he learnt a lot from playing against LCW in the Japan Open. He seemed to have great confidence going into the Korean Open.
    Congratulations Bin Qiao and looking forward to your next tournament. I hope you don't be too overconfident, improve your spinning net game and learn to be patient before going for the kill.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, Qiao Bin's breakout tournament is the KOR Open SS which is also his maiden Superseries title, playing impressive badminton. Hope he grows from strength to strength consistently and not be a one-hit wonder like Tian Houwei who beat Lee CW at the AUS Open GPG 2013 en route to the title.

As for Xue Song, I still believe he will soon continue where he left off injured at the AE'16 earlier and scale greater heights. CHN MS really needs at least three reliable top-notch players esp after Lin Dan's retirement anytime soon. I'm thinking Shi Yuqi and maybe Lin Guipu (undergoing special intensive training to polish up his strokes that his junior days coach consider quite raw?) may be promising prospects as well.

Huang Yuxiang may surprise us and make his mark too, the only title to his name so far is the New Zealand GPG early this year in March and three other GPG runners-up, not consistent enough.

Actually, there's another young MS player still in the junior circuit who impresses me,Sun Feixiang, with his good attacking game and sound defense. Hope to see him soon in the senior circuit,probably after the WJC this November. CBA had better not hold him back too long from getting onto the senior level regularly as his foreign peers are already having a head start.

11. antssantss

Retired
    IMHO SHi Yuqi, H.Yuxiang and Lin Guipu are missing a number of "skills" that Bin Qiao now possess. These are stamina, speed, power, defence and stroke play topped with a heap of Confidence. He has in the Korean Open, put all these things together very well. The higher ranked players he beat in the Korean Open were certainly surprised at some of the shots he made. They were also frustrated and tired out by his strong defence and placements
    There is definetly a team that has worked to get him to this level. Lets hope that the same is being carried out on the three juniors above.
    S.Feixiang certainly has great potential. but he needs to be polished with the same care to bring forth his best.

I am hoping the CBA will let us see them soon and also other younger juniors that are in their stable. Exciting badminton to come, hopefully.