Macau Open GP Gold 2008: SEMI-FINALS (04/10)

Discussion in 'China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 200' started by badMania, Oct 3, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLES
    Lee Chong Wei
    [1] vs Alamsyah Yunus -- well done Alam...a repeat of the Thai Open GP Gold and facing the top seed yet again. I expect LCW to defend his title...anything less will be considered a failure.

Taufik Hidayat [4] vs Kuan Beng Hong -- Kuan will give Taufik a fight, but, I think Taufik can reach yet another Final in Macau.

MEN'S DOUBLES
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong
    [1] vs Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie [4] -- the young INA pair has done well in beating 2 MAS pairs and 1 emerging TPE pair en-route to the SF. So, they have fulfilled their seeding and win the right to have a go at the 2007 AE Winner. I would be very happy if they can stretch the MAS pair to rubber-set. On the other hand, nothing less than a title for Koo/Tan will satisfy Rexy and BAM.

Chan Chong Ming/Chew Choon Eng [5] vs Fang Chieh-Min/Lee Sheng-Mu [2] -- a good result for Fang/Lee and I hope they can challenge Koo/Tan for the title...who knows they can spring a surprise or two?

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Zhu Jingjing vs Zhou Mi [3] -- Zhou Mi's experience should give her the edge and I hope there will be an all-HKG Final on Sunday.

Yip Pui Yin [4] vs Julia Wong Pei Xian [8] -- this will be a tough fight for both players and Yippy has a slight edge.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES
    Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli vs Woon Khe Wei/Ng Hui Lin -- the CHN pair to win and create an all-CHN Final.

Wang Siyun/Zhang Jinkang vs Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei -- Cheng/Zhao to win their 3rd titles in 3 weeks for a rapid rise up the rankings table.

MIXED DOUBLES
    Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo/Chau Hoi Wah
    [1] vs Chai Biao/Wang Xiaoli -- tough to say...but I would say the top seed has a slight edge.

Wang Chia-Min/Wang Pei-Rong [4] vs Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei -- the CHN pair to progress to the Final.

#1 badMania, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

You didn't think too highly of our Woon Khe Wei/Ng Hui Lin...........:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::D:D:D

3. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    ng hui lin and woon khe wei can win larr....

4. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Really.....now I cannot sleep and I cannot wait for tomorrow....:crying::crying::crying:

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    IF KHE WEI/hui lin can win...then...tomorow i will celebrate like crazy...hehe...hope they will...

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Chen Jin was the defending Champion, beating TH last year.

7. yenloo

yenloo Regular Member

student
    msia players .... gogogo~~ fight till the end .... fully support ~~~:D:D

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Projected semis winners:

MS - LCW and Taufik to set up a mouth-watering finale.

WS - Zhou Mi to coast to her 3rd straight final, opponent is 50-50 between Yippy and Julia. Yippy the stronger but temperamental LCW-style attacker, Julia with better fitness.

MD - Probable all MAS final, Koo/Tan vs former World No 1s Chan/Chew.

WD - Almost definite all CHN WD. CS/ZYL almost there to take their 3rd straight title. NHL/WKW has a chance to reach final but I can't see them progressing if the game goes to 3rd.

XD - HKG vs CHN affair finale expected.

9. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    NHL/WKW can do it.....

10. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

will any tv station broadcast this live ? like RTM1 for instance :confused::confused:

11. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Lets see what INA team can achieve w/o their World & OG Champs here.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Honestly, we expect to win nothing this week in Macau. But, Alam and Edo/Lingga's performances deserve some praises ;)

13. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Yeah, INA is sending their 4th tier players.... (except for the ever-so-not-reliable TH) it'll be a miracle to win anything :D.

14. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLE

Lee

15. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

MEN'S SINGLE

Lee Chong Wei vs Alamsyah - Great run by the Indonesian player for upsetting 2 seeded players but his amazing run will end here as the world num 1 is out to justify his position.

Taufik vs Kuan Beng Hong - Never expected KBH can go so far. Today, I will put my faith on him to upset Taufik as a breakthrough in his career.

WOMEN'S SINGLE

Zhu Jingjing vs Zhou Mi - After 3 consecutive tournaments, how many more energy ZM have. Zhu will hold the chinese flag to the final after all her teammates fail to advance.

Yip Pui Yin vs Julia - A surprise win by Julia against Wang Lin stunned many people. But, sadly her journey might end here as Yip will ensure Hongkong has 1 representative in the final.

MEN'S DOUBLES

Koo/Tan vs Kurniawan/Lingga - The 1st seeded is out to prove their worthiness in the senior squad and ensure that they will not be splited by Rexy.

Chan/Chew vs Fang/Lee - A great taiwanese pair will march to the final and be a threat to Malaysian pairs from grabbing the title.

WOMEN'S DOUBLES

Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli vs Ng Hui Lin/Woon Khe Wei - chinese youngster will prevail. CHN is too strong in women's doubles with a huge pool of talent.

Wang Siyun/Zhang Jinkang vs Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei - the latter will be out to secure their 3rd title consecutively and be one of the top chinese pair (replacing their seniors).

MIXED DOUBLES

Yohan/Chau Hoi Wah vs Chai Biao/Wang Xiaoli - Can the chinese junior spring a surprise in this tournament? The former is reluctant to drop a set in this tournament.

Wang Chia-min/Wang Pei-rong vs Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei - Zhao will be out tograb 2 titles in this tournament. NOt much trouble has been created by other pairs against Xu/Zhao. They will show to LYB that they will be one of the pairs who will carry the chinese flag in this event. This will make up for all the disappointment of Xu for failing to qualify in the Olympic after an unsuccessful pairing with Zhao Tingting.

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Eventhough they are seeded 4, they are lucky enough to be in this Semifinal....still a very raw pair...made too many mistake,...they almost lost to MAS pair in 2nd round and also to taipeh MD yesterday....( especially in 2nd game)....dont expect them to win over KKK/TBH...if they can get one game...I think thats a good one.

17. iamverycheap

iamverycheap Regular Member

hi mr. huagnkwokhua.i heard you are very good in PAw game.you must know alot of plaeyrs? sorry and looking fowrard to learning more from you.nice to meet you, mr.hauge,i'm iamverycheap.:):cool:

18. Yong_Hui

Yong_Hui Regular Member

Accountant
    untill nw with sending 1 MD and 2 MS into SF, it's already good for INA team.
    If they can send 1 or 2 players into Final, it's better.
    I don't expect much for INA squad this time..

Even they are still raw pair, but it's good for them by reaching SF
    It will give them some confidence in the future
    I wish they will give good fight over KKK/TBH even they are losing later

19. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Actually, we have former OG n world champ here, so, just hoping he can do better this time.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    What is iamverycheap selling ?

:D:D:D iamverycheap ... We are wondering what you are selling? :D:D:D