Lin Dan racket preparation picture from Yonex?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ralphz, Feb 13, 2020.

1. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

I'm interested in a picture of Lin Dan posing as if to hit a shuttle with an overhead shot..

I've heard that there are widely circulated ones out there where he holds the racket in a way to show off the logo and some have mistaken it for how to actually hold a racket. (So I don't mean like resting their racket on their shoulder.. 'cos nobody would think they were going to hit the shuttle like that).

Has anybody seen anything like this? (where they hold the racket in such a way to show off the logo?)

I see this pic of Momota..

[​IMG]

Is that pic above normal racket prep, or is it holding the racket face out more so as to show off the logo?

I'm thinking that pic of momota might be normal play..like https://i.imgur.com/bvBTGeF.png of axelson.. seems to be

So i'm not sure of any that demonstrate lin dan holding a racket in prep just to show off a logo.. I'm interested if anybody has seen a widely circulated pic of lin dan just advertising a logo with an unrealistic "racket prep"? (that could fool somebody.. so I don't mean like racket resting on his shoulder).

I'm talking specifically re racket prep for forehand overhead.(and not a step out china jump style forehand, but one you move directly back for or that is right out in front of you)

Even if not Lin Dan doing so, i'm interested e.g. of Momota or Axelson doing so.. but I have heard of Lin Dan doing a widely circulated one a number of times.. so i'm particularly interested in that

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Re: Momota pic - the photoshopping around the racket head and logo are obvious. I give it 2/10. 1 point for being the right racket and 1 point for not making him right-handed.

I suspect the pic of Momota is taken from a game but only the racket has been manipulated to make it clearer and easier to see the logo. This is probably the case for 99% of these promo pics.

This looks pretty good but is taken from a match...I doubt he was thinking about the photo op at the time.
    [​IMG]

#2 Ouchie, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    ralphz likes this.
  3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

This one? Notice the standard factory grip, moody expression, looooooose grip...
    [​IMG]

#3 Ouchie, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    ralphz and yuquall like this.