Team Japan TUC members (along with 2 cents from me)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by esppy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Copying and pasting from KM thread since another member suggested, so here goes.
    Admin, feel free to remove whatever you feel isn't adequate or relevant.

I took the liberty to list out their employers as well.

Thomas: Sho Sasaki (Tonami), Takuma Ueda(UNiSYS), Kazumasa Sakai(UNiSYS), Riichi Takeshita(Tonami), Endo/Hayakawa(UNiSYS), Kamura/Sonoda(Tonami), Hoki Takuro/Yugo Kobayashi (Tonami, but.....who?)

My 2 cents:
    In the report it's stated as Sasaki being the team leader. In my book, a goner. You really expect him to do a LCW and battle the other countries' MS1? Nope, not happening. He'll run out of breath faster than the fart coming out my ass if he's doing MS1 all the way, every match. MD1 will probably kick the **** out of the rest save for Indo/Korea and the occasional China, while MS2/3, MD2 will be as unstable as my grandmom laying the foundation for a 100 floor skyscraper. It will stand, but can't tell for how long.

Here's hoping they can make it to at least a bronze medal so the defending champion can at least have something to show. But you never know, a team event boosts the players' morale like an adrenaline shot, so I'm all up for them in the finals. Imperial march on!

I believe, at least, they should make it out of the group stages, seeing as they should easily ride over the Tacos and Baguettes, Group A being so so so lenient.

Uber: Nozomi(UNiSYS), Yamaguchi(SaiShunKan), Sayaka Sato(Yonex), Ayaka/Misaki(UNiSYS), Fukuman/Yonao(SaiShunKan), and... *drumroll* Naito/Matsuo (Yonex/NTTEast), Aya Ohori! (ooooh a couple NTTEast employees that hasn't gone under)

My 2 cents:
    Extremely lenient Group D. Looking forward to making it out with the leader of the group while the other 3 fights for 2nd.

Definitely a Uber Cup winner contender lineup. If Nozomi steadies herself, WS1 is a given. Also, World No.1 WD1 Ayaka/Misaki should boot the rest of the world, and WD2 is looking strong and steady as well. WS2/3.... Sato and Akane can share the workload while pretty-face Aya Ohori is here for the experience, putting it nicely.... She should be able to outpace the Group stages Bratwursts, Pratas and Vegemites, but come the elimination.... she probably wont be much of a fight. Banking on WS1/2 and WD1/2 to close out the first to 3.

I'm really really hoping that they get gold, but on paper, minimum silver material.

nilesh123 likes this.
  2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

JPN MS players that NBA give the green light to play are Sasaki, Riichi, Ueda, Sakai.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So sad...

4. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

An Uber cup team without Maeda would be saddening :-(

5. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Yes captain obvious, I listed them on top already. Not sure what you're talking, typing this and quoting yourself and adding "so sad"...

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What is your problem?

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sad to say this is definitely not a winning squad for the Japanese side. Looks like without Kenichi Tago, Kento Momota and Kenta Nishimoto the Thomas Cup seems to have flown away.

8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Without Momota, JPN TC is not a serious medal contender! I don't think they will even make it into the last four.

I am eager to see how Matsutomo/Takahashi fare when they encounter the CHN pair in UC, and which pair does CHN field in this regard. In contrast with its TC, JPN UC will be a strong medal contender.

nilesh123 likes this.
  9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Merlin's beard!!, do you call this a team??Any team with decent MS and even a average MD2 will thrash the JPN TC Team!! The def champions must be thanking their fortune of having a cakewalk group! A SF(highly unlikely) would be a fairytale!!
    UC team is fab only CHN can def them, it seems LXR is getting better and hence they'll take all the Singles needless to say I dread MM/AT's def to YY/TYT in the finale(provably)