Lee Wan Wah/Choong Tan Fook

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Malaysianfan, May 16, 2006.

1. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Haha:D ! I still remember during Ipoh Master 2000. All the player like taufik, Rexy, LWW & CTF, Roslin ...had went to Jusco ( Ipoh) to met their fans. Then i had ask CTF to giv me his phone number, and he really give his HP number to me. Then i felt so surprised, i straight away ask him "You lie to me, is not ur real phone number". Then he answer me" No, is really my phone number"
    ( he only giv it to me and another girl, and remind us to keep it as secret :D ) Then i've try to call that number, the person who answer the phone is really CTF.

Well, i just want to say, CTF is very funny and treat his fans good!!;)

2. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Wah,so nice!Are you still in contact with him?

Here you go, Ipoh master 2000

Attached Files:

• Ipoh.jpg
      Ipoh.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  3. chity hour

chity hour Regular Member

You're very lucky
    Is CTF has gf

4. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

No, i only contact wif him for two time. Cause the bill quite expensive ( KL line ):eek: , i'm just a student.....hehe:D .
    I'll post some photo for u all after i've borrow a digital camera from my friend!:)

5. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Ya. His gf is Zhang Jie wen, who is the double player for Chinese team.

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Oh? seriously that's really cool!! he's always smiling... u're lucky

7. fukusami16

fukusami16 Regular Member

HAHA.....yEAH CTF AND LWW...WILL SHine in Wc in madrid.....Watch out....Malaysia will be sending 3 strong doubles pairs ....Watch out for Mas....No jokes...!!

8. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

In my opinion, this is the most under-rated pair in the world, they are certainly the best and I love their style of playing.....I rate them the same level as Kim Dong Moon/Ha Tae Kwun.

9. Malaysianfan

They had beaten Kim/Ha a few times alr.But it seems like the malaysian fans appreciate SOon Kit/Kim Hock more than this duo, although both pairs also alwiz end up as runner-ups. One of the reason which i can think of is that there were only 2 competitve MD pairs during Soon Kit/Kim Hock time but after that generation, there are a lot of MD top pairs which have a very close standard compared to each other.So LWW/CTF had never become the centre of attention of badminton fans.Currently they are not as popular as Kien Kiat too.Maybe they need to have a cuter face and become cooler too on the court if they wanted to be popular.Anyway, i like their way now and their style of playing.

10. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

LWW/CTF duo is definitely better than Cheah Sook Kit/Yap Kim Hock....actually CSK is probably the most over-rated, look at Mal womens team, he cannot produce any results. Even Holland and Germany womens teams made it to Uber Cup semi-finals and Mal is still .....you know what I mean.

11. Malaysianfan

But Wong Pei Tye and Tan Yee Hui have really improved a lot under his coaching and the malaysian women singles are not Soon Kit's charges. Anyway, Soon Kit was really good when he was young where he helped Malaysia to cruise into Thomas cup Finals in 1988 and 1990 with his partner Ong Beng Teong.

12. fukusami16

LWW/CTF duo is definitely better than Cheah Sook Kit/Yap Kim Hock....actually CSK is probably the most over-rated, look at Mal womens team, he cannot produce any results. Even Holland and Germany womens teams made it to Uber Cup semi-finals and Mal is still .....you know what I mean.Yeah chibe K.

I agree wat u said..its such a disgrace mas womens cant enter uber cup..Players like germany and holland..They are a lot improving...Their coach are not well - known..buit the way they play are good ...

13. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Exactly, does Holland and Germany womens teams have the best doubles or singles coaches ??? Of course not...but I am sure they train right and they train smart. Now look at Cheah Soon Keat, what has he achieved so far ? He could be the top doubles player in his time but I have to say good player does not make good coach by default. If Mal womens team wants to show results, hire some coaches from China or Korea and learn from them.

14. siaoching

siaoching Regular Member

Me too!!! Haha!!!!!!:D

15. fukusami16

Yes i agree with u (CHibe K)...Cheah Soon Kit is good but i his times The 90's...And not now.You look at the china womens players,they seldom play defensive style but attacking style.They keep make u to commit mistake nad pressure the opponents players.,but when u look at the malaysians,they are more into defensive style of play nad they are lack of stamina and skills.And the second matter is, Cheah soon kit takes few years to produce a womens doubles pair that can really play..The second and third doubles are lousy compare to denmark , netherlands or even england...

16. Malaysianfan

Tan Fook and Chong Ming in Wan Wah's car .They were preparing for Thomas Cup 2000. Heard that Wan Wah has an expensive car, if i am not mistaken it should be BMW.

Attached Files:

#36 Malaysianfan, May 19, 2006
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  17. LwW^w|n

LwW^w|n Regular Member

ohh...sure !!!! sure i like tan fook and wan wah!!!!!!!!!!! yea, i want to see them wining the world champion!!!!!

18. riz-nie

riz-nie Regular Member

how to post images?????can someone tell me......please

19. Malaysianfan

u will see a symbol which looks like a paper clip besides the undo arrow.

20. yen kuan

yen kuan Regular Member

wan wah car that time suppose to be a silver honda civic..
    i witness he driving it in ipoh master 2000