How can I feel like I have more time?

Discussion in 'Coaching Forum' started by Calian30, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Calian30

Calian30 New Member

I feel like every day is so busy, I have a lot of goals but so little actually gets done.

2. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

I'm assuming that you do a lot during the day (since you feel busy), but then at the end of the day there is not a lot you've accomplished.

This means you're probably spending a lot of time doing things that aren't that important.
    You could benefit from learning about the Eisenhower matrix.
    It classes tasks into 4 categories. Important and urgent. Important and not urgent. Not important and Urgent. Not important and not urgent.

Important: works toward a bigger goal in your life (like studying, training for badminton, going to work to earn money to save for ...)
    Not important: doesn't work toward a bigger goal in your life (like taking out the trash, doing laundry, playing video games)
    Urgent: something that requires immediate attention (like doing your taxes when the deadline is close)
    Not urgent: something that doesn't require immediate attention

If something is Important and Urgent, do it right away. If something is not important and not urgent, it's not worth doing. if you feel busy but don't get much done, you probably spend much of your time doing tasks that are not important and not urgent.

You want to spend most of your time doing things that are important and not urgent, and Not important and Urgent. The reason is that if something is important, it should have been done before it became urgent (i.e. don't leave studying to the night before the exam). And if something is not important and not urgent, then there is almost always something better to do.

Now to answer the question I thought I was going to be answering when I clicked on the thread:

High pace multi feeding training. Don't worry as much about shot quality and just try to move as fast as possible. A good coach will hit the sweetspot and feed you just a little faster than you can handle. Don't worry about missed shots. You will get faster on court and as a result, when playing a match, you will feel like you have more time for your shots.

intrepid likes this.