worldbadminton report K/Open

Discussion in 'Japan Open 2003 / Korean Open 2003' started by Cheung, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Having read the world badminton report ,it is an excellent piece of writing skills.

Why? Because I am not sure the author was actually watching the tournament!!

The clue comes from this statement

"Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyung Min’s expertise in the doubles format was, yet again, proved to be world class with Kim Dong Moon and Ha Tae Kwon taking the Men’s Doubles (15:11, 15:6 over Lee and Hoo)and Ra Kyung Min and Lee Kyung Won taking the Women’s Doubles (11:5, 11:5 over Olsen and Jorgensen). Not content with one title each, Kim Dong Moon and Ra Kyung Min then formed their formidable pairing to take the Mixed (11:5, 11:5 over Kim and Lee)."

The finals were televised live in HK and the first match was mixed doubles final. The last match was men's doubles final....

:eek: :cool:

2. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Similar incident happened with the Sudirman Cup Report after HK beat Malaysia in the Group 2 Finals. According to the report , it says "After the first mixed won by Albertus Njoto and Koon Wai Chee, Lee Tsuen Seng had leveled the tie by delivering his point in the men’s singles against Agus Haryanto".

The report is incorrect. After Malaysia losts it mixed doubles match, Wang Chen beat Wong Miew Choo to put HK up 2-0. Lee Tsuen Seng then beat Agus to cut HK's lead to 2-1. He didn't beat Agus to "level the tie" at 1 win apiece.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. i actually have some scoop on this. those reports that doesn't have Raphael's name on them are written by Lindsey, the media officer in the IBF. the IBF don't send a journalist to every badminton event but i think they are at the same time obligated to have a report in the website. so these reports are written "blind". as you have seen, many of them are pretty generic and can be written by just looking at the scoring and some amazing writing skill as Cheung has pointed out... :)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Worldbadminton must think we are a pain to pick up even these small details:(

but, like I said, I really admire the writing skills. It's something I'm very poor at.

hmm, maybe I should have written a report based on live TV and then sent it to worldbadminton for editing. Do you think they would appreciate that or am I more likely to get egg on my face:p ?

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Hmm, maybe I should get a job editing print since I read things like that a unconsciously pick errors, maybe I'm just getting pedantic in my old age ;)