Ti 7 or Cab 23?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Toby, Oct 28, 2000.

1. Toby

Toby Guest

I'm planning in buying a racket but don't know to buy which.
    i'm a wrist player who play more doubles(school) than singles(gym) and need more smash and defense power. Also, i need control in doubles.
    Which one is more suitable for me??
    Anybody who have tried either one of these racket, please give me your comment on the racket! Greatly appreciated!
    Also, if i want to string the racket with BG 65 TI, what tension would be good for both control and power??
    Thanks a lot!!

2. Joe

Joe Guest

I would say definitely carb. Because with Carb, when you do high clears you can "feel" the clear, therefore you get the accuracy. With Iso it is "mushy" and "you feel like you don't have control." For smashing Carb is good also, it might not be a powerful smash but you hit a "smash down a line" with high accuracy without problem. Cab 23 is excellent racquet little bit stiff but nice. I hope this was helpful

3. Toby

Toby Guest

Anybody know how much they cost in Hong Kong??
    also, how much is strings and stringing cost in HK roughly???

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    If you are in HK, I strongly recommend you to visit the a shop in Jordan (near the cross-over of Parkes street and Bowring street). Normal version of Yonex racquets usually sell cheaper there. In addition, they have CN version for most Yonex racquets which have noticeable difference than normal version (of course, they cost more).

For string, my experience with BG-65 Ti is quite bad. I would recommend BG-85 if you don't mind it will wear out relatively fast.

5. Toby

Toby Guest

Any recommendation on which one that i should get??
    Also, has anybody got the prices on these rackets in HK money??
    i live in Canada but gonna get my friend to buy it for me there.
    Thanks!

6. J

J Guest

I bought the Ti7 for $130 canadian funds in HK this summer, but it should be cheaper now. I would recommend the cab23.

7. Toby

Toby Guest

so the Ti7 is not a good racket compare to the Cab 23?

J wrote:
    >
    > I bought the Ti7 for $130 canadian funds in HK this
    > summer, but it should be cheaper now. I would recommend the
    > cab23.

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    The shop is called "luxis" (I think)
    It's on Parkes Street around number 41 or so.
    It's on the first floor but there is a sign with the name on which is clearly visible.
    Didn;t look at the prices but someone before has told me the Cab 23 was about HK$700. You can try getting it cheaper from this shop

9. J

J Guest

It seems like every racquet is $700 hk +/- $50
    I would strong recommend getting the swing power or the Ti10 considering the price different between either of those and the Ti7/cab23
    I've never tried the cab23 but I own a Ti7 and it sucks. I use swing power.

10. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I haven't tried to play with Cab for many years. My favorite racquets in these days are ISO 800 and Ti-10. I also have a Ti-8 but don't like it too much - it is not a bad racquet, but just don't impress me.

I've heard people said "ISO 800 may be the best racquet which Yonex ever made". While I can't say I totally agree or deny with this, it is understandable why people say so. In my personal opinion, I will say "ISO 800 is the racquet which give me the most comfortable and natural feeling" - it just likes an extension of my hand (sorry for my poor English, just don't know how to describe my feeling about this racquet clearly).

On the other hand, Ti-10 is a completely different. My comment on Ti-10 is : "it is the most powerful racquet I ever use." Your smash can definitely be more powerful with this racquet. However, you do lose some (or not some) control. Unlike ISO 800 or those classical Cab racquets, which most people give +ve rating, Ti-10 is only suitable for some people - that's why I've heard many people said that the racquet doesn't fit them (they haven't say the racquet is not good, -:)).

My final comment : you need to know your style before getting the most suitable racquet for yourself. Ti-10 is my most favorite so far, but not necessarily true for you. And it is better for you to try to play with these racquets before making a decision.

p.s. Fyi, some people said that Ti-7 is a less stiffer version Ti-10, however I really have no idea about this.

11. Toby

Toby Guest

how much does a swing power cost? in HK?J wrote:
    >
    > It seems like every racquet is $700 hk +/- $50
    > I would strong recommend getting the swing power or the Ti10
    > considering the price different between either of those and the
    > Ti7/cab23
    > I've never tried the cab23 but I own a Ti7 and it sucks. I use
    > swing power.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Ti Swing Power will be HK$800. Less than that is a very good price because the shops can't get it cheaper!

13. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    There is no CN version for Ti Swing Power. Ti-10 CN cost ~HK$1,000 (normal version is ~HK$700).

Fyi, Ti-10 is the 2nd most expensive Yonex racquet in Japan (the most expensive one is MP-100). Very surprisingly, the price for Ti Swing Power is lower than Ti-10 in Japan, but it is not the case in HK.

14. Toby

Toby Guest

Since the price of Ti swing power and the Cab 23 is not too much
    which one is a better buy?? also, i like to have a a little head heavy so that i can smash better and i'm a wrist player
    would the Ti swing power SS be suitable for me??
    Thanks a lot for all your advices!

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

RE: Ti swing power/Cab 23?

Sorry but racquets are highly personal things and I am wary of making recommendations.
    I have tried the cab23 (I use cab 22) and all I can say with the limited time of use is
    1) It SEEMS to be as stiff as a cab22
    2) the head is a bit heavier than a cab22
    (This is my subjective feeling)
    (Never tried the Ti swing power)

16. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Why don't try Ti-10 if you want a stiff and heavy head racquet ? Especially since you are a wrist player.

Fyi, MP-100 is available for sale in HK now (HK$990).

17. Toby

Toby Guest

I heard people say that Ti10 is for arm player and Ti 8 is for wrist player
    Also, i have tried Ti 10 but don't really like it, the head is too heavy, i usually have to use my arm instead of my wrist with it.
    What other racket is suitable for wrist player.
    I would want to spend around $800 HK Max for the racket.

18. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've both Ti-10 and Ti-8. These two racquets are quite different - Ti-10 is definitely more heavy head and powerful. However if you don't like it, then Ti-8 may be a good choice for you - it is also powerful, but much less stiff (any not so heavy head).

On the other hand, you can try Ti SP series. There are 4 models with different stiffness and weight distribution which you can choose from. SX is very similar to Ti-10 so you may not like it too. You can try SS or SR.

19. Toby

Toby Guest

Will i suffer in power and control if i don't get a racket that has the iso frame and also the "long" shaft??
    How do these two design help me in doubles and singles??
    Also, hasn't anyone tried the Cab 23??
    is the head heavy enough to actually feel acceleration while swinging?

20. Canyt

Canyt Guest

Toby, where in Canada do you live in? u don't necessarily need to go back to HK to buy racquets...Anyways...I agree too that Iso-800 is a very good racquet..but from what I know of...Yonex doesn't manufacture Iso-800 anymore...and if you're a wrist player... I think Ti-7 is a pretty good racquet for power and control...I know in HK, it cost around $600-700HKD...but if you can find an Iso-800... I think you mite wanna try that...I bought mine last year for $580..^^