SWISS Open GP Gold 2015 - Qualification Round to FINALS (10th-15th March 2015)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England Open / Swiss Open 2015' started by CLELY, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

19-17, CHN still ahead....

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's touch and go now...

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

3 MP to CHN !

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yun/Lu Kai did it !

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yun simply refuses to go out with a whimper and they end it with a Bang ! Swiss Open MD Champion, Cai Yun/Lu Kai.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Two titles for Lu Kai, XD and MD, a golden harvest for him.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

By the time of the Rio Olympics, Cai Yun will be nearing 37 years of age - hope to see him there with Lu Kai !

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i watched Goh's trickshot defences in 3 times but failed to win points in the match...

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a finale, the MD is a thriller indeed.

10. opruh

opruh Regular Member

Student
    It's good to see Cai Yun winning another tournament.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yun, this old trusty warrior, has an indomitable spirit, still young at heart. Incredible. Phenomenal.

12. RuSSy

RuSSy Regular Member

Student
    Cai Yun.... he knows what he doing!
    How dare try to trick him at the net?

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Well from watching it via bw.tv, I have to say we have chosen the wrong day to attend the Swiss Open :eek:
    Today it was the opposite from yesterday. Long, quite close (or at least 3 setters) games and the quality was really good!
    Lu Kai was the man of the day!! Great stamina and fighting spirt throughout his MD and MX earlier.
    Surprising that the Jap girls came back so strong after losing the first set by a clear margin.

I´m already looking forward to the next SS and SSP events, as well as the Surdiman Cup.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To be frank, the way MAS win G2 in emphatic fashion, I thought CHN is finished.

Never write off Cai Yun. Kudos to him. And Lu Kai's dogged determination and tireless spirit fighting his 10th battle of the week is amazing. A well deserved victory for Cai Yun/Lu Kai.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes Cai Yun is so good. He is already 35 years old but his power is still there. Now China is rising up again in Men Doubles department. From the start I already knew that China would win this game. However, I also didn't expect the Malaysians to reach the final. Yeah, so I sort of predicted that the Malaysians will win but I am wrong here.

Throughout the whole match my eyes got glued to the computer screen again. I just cannot do other things because the movement of the shuttlecock is too fast. The Malaysian lose the game 19-21, 21-14, 17-21. However, I also give credit to the Malaysians for putting up such a good fight. I knew that Goh V Shem is injured based on the knee strap that he is wearing but he did a good job.

I thought from the beginning the match is going to be so one sided favouring the China players. In the end it turn up to be such an exciting match. The Malaysians can really smash very well, especially Goh V Shem. His smash is still so powerful despite injuries. This is indeed s very fast paced and exciting match. The most exciting thing about this match is the long rallies and both Malaysian and China players really put in so much effort to catch all the shuttlecocks. Plus both the Malaysian and the China players are very fast too. Good attacking game and defence from both sides.
    Anyway congratulations to China for winning 4 gold medals and one silver medal today. China once again managed to prove to the world that they are still the powerhouse in badminton today.

#515 blabl, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Finals result

St. Jakobhalle - 1

1. Starting at 12:00 PM XD
    LU Kai / HUANG Yaqiong China - China LIU Cheng / BAO Yixin 17-21 22-20 21-13 1:04

2. Followed by MS
    K. Srikanth India - Denmark Viktor AXELSEN 21-15 12-21 21-14 0:47

3. Followed by WS
    SUN Yu China - Thailand Busanan ONGBUMRUNGPAN 21-16 21-12 0:42

4. Followed by WD
    BAO Yixin / TANG Yuanting China - Japan Ayane KURIHARA / Naru SHINOYA 21-6 17-21 21-17 0:57

5. Followed by MD
    CAI Yun / LU Kai China - Malaysia Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong 21-19 14-21 21-17 1:03

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is only a GPG tournament, not very strong, we've seen stronger ones before. So I won't read too much into CHN's success here which I regard as quite normal for them. Besides, we cannot use just one tournament to draw any conclusions.

Still, individually, there are some very good matches and performances by a few players and pairs. All the winners are impressive, and the losing finalists too, particularly the JPN WD pair, in my opinion. The best part is all the matches on Finals Day are well fought, of high quality, exciting and entertaining. On the whole it has been a marvellous week of badminton, that for a GPG level event.

18. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Tan was the weaker player today. He missed so many winners at the net that it's almost laughable. 2 serves into the net in the final game doesn't help either, I guess he needs to control his nerves better. But, he does show a lot of potential for the future. Cai Yun still in decent form though!

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

There is no way, absolutely no way Cai Yun is going Rio Olympics.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    CY is over the hill and the weak link in the CHN pair. MAS pair didn't move him much enough and his smashes isn't powerful enough, same with TWK.. Fast flat exchanges suit CY. Against better and 1st grade opponents, it would be difficult for them but I guess CHN has a problem finding a suitable partner for LK at the moment and CY can offer some guidance.

Goh's smashes is good but he lacks creativity at the front. Most of his defensive shots are lifts to the back for the opponent to attack. Tan's nervousness didn't help either.

It was close and could have gone either way.