Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Honestly, some players who are not really perfoming are still kept in Pelatnas. I think you know who they are :eek: So, instead of letting them rot in Pelatnas, just send them back to their own clubs and act as sparring partners for the younger club players. It will also increase the potential of them being hired back to the club as coaches instead in the future?

Centralized training will make sense for the elite players only.

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes, the elites of the elites!!! ;)

3. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    1 page already passed, but...

This question is yet to be answered... :(

4. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    just want to say,,,

"happy new year everybody..!!"

hope a good journey for all Indonesia shuttler on this 2009...

amiinn..

5. blackbhara92

blackbhara92 Regular Member

student
    why the post here so long, i'm confused

6. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    because indonesia badminton have many many problems to solve.

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Again, internal problem...

Taken from The Jakarta Post (03 January-09) :

Taufik snubs PBSI call-up to camp

Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Sat, 01/03/2009 10:33 AM | Sports

Badminton ace Taufik Hidayat has rejected a call-up to the national badminton training camp for 2009 in protest at the omission of his coach Mulyo Handoyo from the coaching lineup.

The rejection is the latest spat between the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI) and the 27-year-old star who has outshone his national peers in international tournaments but suffered a dip in performance during 2008.

"Pak Mulyo knows me well. He knows my playing style, and in fact, he was the one who shaped me into winning the Olympic (gold) back in 2004," Taufik said Friday.

He was present at the training camp in Cipayung, East Jakarta, but refused to sign the recruitment letter after learning Mulyo was not on the coaching list.

"I don't think I'd be compatible with another coach. It's not that I'm underestimating them, it's only that I've 'clicked' in this great relationship Pak Mulyo," Taufik said, adding he would definitely join the camp if Mulyo's name was back on the list.

Taufik has enjoyed international success since going under Mulyo's tutelage in 1996. Besides the Olympic gold, regarded as the holy grail of athletic achievement, Taufik won the world championship in 2005, the Asian Championship three times and the Asian Games gold medals twice, in 2002 and 2006.

This is not Taufik's first run-in with the country's badminton authority, currently chaired by newly elected Djoko Santoso.

In 2001 and 2006, Taufik threatened to quit the national team, prompting the PBSI to give in to his demands to put Mulyo back in charge of the player.
    However, the PBSI looks unlikely to back down on its latest decision.

"Any player, including Taufik, has the right to refuse to join the national training camp. So it's okay," said Lius Pongoh, PBSI athlete development head.

Lius, a prominent shuttler during the 1980s, said the PBSI decision to exclude Mulyo would stand.

"From our evaluation, we consider Mulyo as having failed to discipline Taufik in terms of the training schedule. For instance, Taufik missed our physical tests in the last four years," he said, adding the excuses given were overused.

Meanwhile, the badminton season-opening Super Series tournaments in Malaysia and South Korea are in sight, and Lius said the PBSI would send 19 players, including Sony Dwi Kuncoro and Simon Santoso in the men's singles, Olympic gold medalists Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan in the men's doubles, and Olympic silver medalists Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir in the mixed doubles.

The other three national team players, Greysia Polii and Nitya in the women's doubles, and Olympic bronze medalist Maria Kristin Yulianti in the women's singles, have been ruled out because of injuries.

The Malaysian Super Series will take place from Jan. 6-11 and the Korean event from Jan. 13-18.

8. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Taken from today's Kompas:

List of 22 players called back into Pelatnas, 1st stage (call-up will be done in several stages):

MS:
    *Taufik Hidayat
    *Sony DK
    *Simon Santoso

WS:
    *Maria Kristin Yulianti
    *Pia Zebadiah Bernadet
    *Adriyanti Firdasari

WD:
    *Greysia Polii/Nitya Krishinda
    *Shendy Puspa Irawati/Meiliana Jauhari

MD:
    *Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan
    *Rian Sukmawan/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki
    *Bona Septano/Muhammad Ahsan

XD:
    *Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir
    *Muhammad Rijal/Vita Marissa
    *Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita

Note:
    *as CLELY says, Taufik refused to join due to omission of Mulyo Handoyo, his current coach.
    *Each discipline will be overseen by 1 coach only (Hendrawan for MS, Marleve Mainaky for WS, Sigit Pamungkas for MD, Aryono Miranat for WD, and Richard Mainaky for XD).
    *Lius Pongoh stated that only about 40 of originally 86 players will be called back into Pelatnas.
    *Next stage call-ups will include Pratama players and players selected in Seleknas held in February 2009.
    *Some Pratama players will be promoted into senior team.

That's it.
    Best of luck for them all.;)

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    To answer your question..

I am not sure about bu Yati..forget to ask.

Jason was recruited by KONI then KONI asked him to train INA badminton players for Olympics only...then He was supposed to join with India team to prepare them for Commonwealth game with Atik Jauhari and recently Hariawan joined them...I heard from Saina..he was there for only one week then he is gone...

10. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is good to have 1 coach and 1 assistant on each discipline...by having too many coaches, the players do not train together and less of unity in my opinion....the players have to obey/respect to the coaches that have been appointed..if they do not like the coach or follow their program...he or she is welcome to leave the national team...PBSI has to be "firm" ....last time, PBSI was too afraid of its own players...

11. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think PBSI has to make a stand now, they cant let Taufik run riot.

The moment they decided not to included pak mulyo, they know taufil will start his tantrum.

I think PBSI expect taufik to drop out

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Its okay really if Taufik does decide to be independent. That will free up the space for other younger players with potential.

I am surprised Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati are not included in the first-stage Pelatnas, but Devin Lahardi/Lita Nurlita are in :cool:

The other names that could probably be included:
    MS -- Tommy Sugiarto or Alamsyah Yunus, Andre Kurniawan Tedjono, Bandar Sigit Pamungkas or Andreas Adityawarman, Nugroho Andi Saputro or Ari Trisnanto (the player from Tangkas) (a total of 4)
    WS -- Febby Angguni, Maria Elfira Christina or Maria Febe Kusmastuti, Bellaetrix Manuputty (a total of 3)
    MD -- Rendra Wijaya/Joko Riyadi or Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra, Fernando Kurniawan/Lingga Lie, Wifqi Windarto/Afiat Yuris Wirawan (a total of 6)
    WD -- Jo Novita/Rani Mundiasti, Debby Susanto/Richie Puspita Dili (a total of 4)
    XD -- Fran Kurniawan/Shendy Puspa Irawati, Tantowi Akhmad/Richie Puspita Dili (additional 2 more)

Total addition: 19, with Taufik saying goodbye, the total number of players in Pelatnas would be 40...the ideal figure.

#632 badMania, Jan 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  13. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Forgot to add: second-stage call-up will be held after Korea SS.

Buh-bye, Mr. Taufik. may the force be with you always.:)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Time to move on...and start the re-generation..

..not a surprise, both for Taufik's excuse and of Mulyo's omission from the coaching staff.
    ..thanks for sharing the list..
    ...it's about time, PBSI stand up & start the real re-generation process!:cool:..Now he can concentrate on his possible world tour and perhaps come to Toronto, this yr..;)

15. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Taufik is too arrogant.. he has to see who he is now..
    he is former Champions, not Reigning champion.
    Maybe change the coach can give him more achievemant..
    [​IMG]

16. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    well,I guess
    taufik is truly an arrogant player
    and I think he needs to go out from pbsi and become independent player
    but still playing for INA..
    so if he doesnt win
    it's his problem, not really pbsi problems..
    hehe..
    :D:D :):):)

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Just a small correction: you meant "...go out of the INA National Team... "
    Not PBSI... PBSI members includes: the INA National Team and the Independent Players representing themselves as an INA representatives...

If Taufik is not playing for INA, then he is out PBSI... :p As long as he is playing for INA, then he is a member of PBSI... ;)

18. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    maybe taufik can out of pelatnas & become independent player. So he fund himself to go to a tournament or funded by the club.. Like djarum did for its players.

19. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Do you think PBSI will let him leave for good this time? :confused:

20. .ash.

.ash. Regular Member

Student
    wow,thx for the correction krisna
    it's help me a lot.heheh :)

well,just wish for the best to taufik
    :D:D