Macau GP Gold 2008: FINALS (05/10)

Discussion in 'China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 200' started by robin7, Oct 4, 2008.

1. atmavidy

atmavidy Regular Member

Student
    Hmm, but where is the threads?
    I can't find any threads focusing on bulgarian open...

2. carine

carine Regular Member

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

George, thanks, that's thoughtful of you.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ok, cooler, I sense you miss my opinions to get you thinking.
    But pls do me a favour.Find my big piece expounding LCW's great mental strength and post it here. It still applies even when he lost to Sony and TH.
    There's no reason why Sony and TH shouldn't win.They have skills to match and both were very, very , very HUNGRY.Remember both won medals in OG04 but none in OG08 so they have to make up for that.The fact that both did, defeating the toughest opponent LCW,is a sign that they are true champions.I haven't seen the TH match but I believe they must have played their best to win. There is no way any player can take out LCW without giving their best(LD included).
    Of course I'm delighted LCW lost to INA MS because he has boosted their confidence and self belief. We saw how Sony beat BCL and CJ, even though Sony was half as fresh as CHN MS.That's just so great of Sony and I'm so happy for him.TH's win is crucial because it will motivate him further to work on his fitness, if that's one factor accounting for his win.And keeping him interested in playing his best.
    When LCW meets Sony or TH, it's a win/win situation for him.If LCW wins, that's wonderful.If Sony or TH wins, that's also wonderful. Sony would move up the rankings with WR2 in sight and TH would give CHN MS extra to worry about.
    CJ, who needs at least 10 days intensive preparations, after a draw, would now have 3 manuals to study;LCW, Sony and TH.So too for BCL and LD.CHN MS is gonna need a lot of luck which probably can be found in CHN.

5. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

Just because you are anti-CHN yourself, does not mean that LCW, Sony, Taufik are a group of anti-CHN badminton group working together to prevent CHN domination.:eek::confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

So beside LCW being a Datuk, he should be awarded as a "Saint" as well according to you, since he will sacrafice himself so others like Sony and Taufik can gain some self-confidence and together fight against the evil LYB and CHN badminton team.:eek:

Luck found in CHN? I bet Lin Dan can absorb the "Chi" from the crowd and make every smash as powerful as a "spirit bomb", that's why LCW got owned in the OG final... it was 20,000+ people against LCW in the final, that's why he lost so tamely.:rolleyes:

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Exactly ;););).... Saint Datuk Lee Chong Wei :cool:

7. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think LCW should be worrying really. LCW exposed his weakness during the match against LD in OG and TH has employed the EXACT strategy from LD and executed prefectly in the Macau Open final.

It is almost unusal to see TH hamming down every shot like FHF, then following by a quick net kill. It is unlucky for LCW that he couldn't drag it to rubber.

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Wow....you're right. LCW is gonna get owned by every top player if they all play LD style and smash to his forehand, then hammer down the reply. And IMO, Taufik smashes harder in the sense that when he does do a big jump smash, he almost always gets the point, from ANYBODY (LCW, LD, etc).

Congrats to Taufik though.

#408 Athelete1234, Oct 8, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Borrowing from Cooler's own word....PJ is not anti China...she just does not support your players as much you do.....;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If we don't support a player/nation, we don't have to be against that player/nation

Yes ... This has always puzzled me. :):):)

Why do we have to assume that if we do not support a player/nation, then we have to be assumed to be against that player/nation?

This is so illogical.

:):):)

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

dont forget rudy, there`s some officers on duty in the forum if cooler is on leave:p

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Exactly. pjswift is not anti-china but these 3 (u know who u r) are definitely anti-malaysia. lol

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah exactly! I guess all this assuming is half the problem :).

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner

LOL... if she is not considered as Anti-China, then at most, you can only call me "anti-boleh fans.":rolleyes:

15. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Take it or leave it

Who cares;)Go take a hike, KIKIKIKIKI....kido:pLOL