Macau GP Gold 2008: FINALS (05/10)

Discussion in 'China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 200' started by robin7, Oct 4, 2008.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Congrats to all winners.

Special mention to Zhou Mi's superhuman efforts for the past 3 weeks, 2 wins and 1 runnerup finish at age 29 is no mean feat, uncomparable even against men's singles players. Dare I say it, she's a better player outside the CHN WS squad. Notable fight from Julia Wong, good for the development of Malaysia's WS team beyond WMC's era.

Congrats to Koo/Tan for rediscovering the winning touch. But they have to start winning against top opposition to showcase their revival.

Kudos to Taufik for beating the odds and toppling LCW. Fine display and no doubting his genius pedigree. One wonders if he just started peaking, his Beijing Olympic form was nowhere close.

Zhao Yunlei/Cheng Shu have arrived, 3 tournament wins in 3 weeks shows that at least the CHN WD (and XD) coaches were prepared for future contigencies. Bad news for other countries' squads.

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Taufik's actual age was 20 when he became WR1, ;) So it's not too late for anyone.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2008 Macau GP Gold: MS Champion is TH

WOW ... TH is back. Congratulations to TH. :):):)

Don't understand why fans of TH and LCW are fighting each other here. :confused::confused::confused:

LCW and TH are good friends. I am sure that LCW would feel happy that TH is now returning to better form.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    read carefully...we didnt fight with taufik fans...anyway...i am lydia fans...not lcw fans...:p...just someone posted some 'brilliant' post...hehe...go read it out...;)

5. atmavidy

atmavidy Regular Member

Student
    Congratz to Taufik.. Also to Maria Febe for winning WS Bitburger GP title...
    :D :D

6. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Still sad for Chong Wei. :crying: I hope he'll take a break for a while and come back winning or maybe he doesn't have to take a break, just go win. lolx. :p

7. Heong

Heong Regular Member

I think the problem lies in LCW. Certainly he as worked his way well through to the finals but by looking the score in Japan Open in the final match.. I was shocked. Thought he would win or at least take it into a deciding game.. but lost out badly in the second set.. );
    Even if no win, at least get a convincing score..
    He has not been playing as good after OG. He is definately fit enough, maybe it was the loss in OG that still mentally distracts him.

Whatever it is, hope he can overcome the problem & get back in shape. Poor guy.

8. FuWang

FuWang Regular Member

why everyone want to beat LD in final?! any special achievement when have beaten LD? however, the world no. 1 now is LCW... I see beat LD is just like a MS's ambition.. so, who should LD beat if He want his winning to feel more special?:confused:

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    PBSI will send Tommy, Andi Nugroho, Indra Bagus,Aditya to NZ Open.
    Alamsyah is 22 .....I think PBSI will tart sending him more to Super Series....
    Alam is very nice guy and good attitude.....
    Indra Bagus is a bit spolied and play too much PSP...sigh!

10. copadh

copadh Regular Member

you mean Nugroho Andi Saputro from pratama squad? I heard from Christian that Yoga Pratama is the best from this young squad...

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree, I think is good that Tuafik came up as winner, that makes the MS more interesting in coming tournaments. Chong Wei lost is not a loss if he learn from his mistakes and continues to work hard which he usually does.
    Players' form fluctuate from time to time but is important that they don't dip too low like Tuafik once was, welcome back Tauifk and hope the upward trend continues!

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I mean all semi-finalists appear in the prize ceremony to receive medals and checks. Beside world championships of course.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What's all the fuss??..

..over Taufik winning this Macau Open tourney..:confused:

Btw, the main reason why Taufik won this Macau Open GP Gold is because...............................................................Sony was not playing.;)
    ..that certainly is a possibility...and i hope LCW can deal with it..Let's see what he does in the upcoming European circuit, considering there will be a very short break/rest period in between..

#393 ctjcad, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  14. rhasan

rhasan Regular Member

Taufik did play very well. You might of noticed he was not afraid of using his fitness. What i mean he was not lazy. This time he played with much more stamina. Where he played the backhand he played the forhand more often. In the second match however i think Taufik got a little more sluggish and lee chong wei upped it with his defense and crosscourt smashes. His two crosscourt smashes and defense were AMAZING which means i think he was holding back the entire time. But honestly Taufik played MUCH better overall especially in the first game. His netplay was excellent and so was his attacking from backcourt. I especially like the last point where LCW did a tumbling netshot and TH took it crosscourt. That was funny:D.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    where is PJSWIFT??? I like to hear her to expound on LCW's great mental strength.....

#395 cooler, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  16. heqingbluesky

heqingbluesky Regular Member

Taufik did a great job in Macua this year even though i haven't seen this match.

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

pls dont provoke other member ;)

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Especially the world is also full to crisis from financial to energy. Really no need to have additional one :D May be Chong Wei did it intentionally so to bring out the "semagat" of Taufik :D
    Congratulation to Taufik, we are happy to see him back to the top!

19. Chiku

Chiku Regular Member

Physiotherapy
    Congrate TH, u r de man dat day.... to LCW, try it in other time...

20. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    next focus on bulgaria open... (7th october-12th October 2008).. this tournament has paw also....