Macau GP Gold 2008: FINALS (05/10)

Discussion in 'China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 200' started by robin7, Oct 4, 2008.

1. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    1. Starting at 2:00 PM XD Yohan Hadikusumo WIRATAMA / Hoi Wah CHAU [1] [HKG] vs Chen XU / Yunlei ZHAO [CHN] - I'm rooting for the unseeded Chinese pair to upset the top seeds.

2. Followed by WS Mi ZHOU [3] [HKG] vs Julia Pei Xian WONG [8] [MAS] - Julia has been impressive this week, beating Wang Lin and Yip Pui Yin en-route to the finals but I think Zhou Mi is too strong for young Malaysian.

3. Followed by MD Kien Keat KOO / Boon Heong TAN [1] [MAS] vs Chieh Min FANG / Sheng Mu LEE [2] [TPE] - Interesting 51-49 game and expecting a fast and attacking match. Having never been beaten in the finals, the top seeds have the slight edge over the first-time finalists.

4. Followed by WD Jin MA / Xiaoli WANG [CHN] vs Shu CHENG / Yunlei ZHAO [CHN] - A battle between two pairs of CHN future WD with a 3rd back-to-back title for the latter.

5. Followed by MS Chong Wei LEE [1] [MAS] vs Taufik HIDAYAT [4] [INA] - Datuk should take this one. I forgot when was the last time they met. Was it All England 2008?

#1 robin7, Oct 4, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, quarterfinal of AE 2008 -- TH lost to LCW with straight sets, 21-23 ; 17-21.

3. persibmaung

persibmaung Regular Member

research associate
    Yohan Hadikusumo WIRATAMA

just wondering about HKG mix double,Yohan Hadikusumo, his face looks like Allan Budikusuma, do they have family relationship?

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    alan.

Yes, i think they are related some how.

Go Julia, Lee Chong Wei and KKK/TBH. Hantam!:D

Should be a nice finals. Wonder if Taufik's is fit enough to sustain the rallies.;)

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Yes. Alan is the older brother of Yohan.

6. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    Taufik to win hahaha

7. LI De Quan

LI De Quan Regular Member

student
    no TV live ??????????

8. carine

carine Regular Member

I'm now really can't wait tmr match btw LCW VS Taufik:D

9. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

PREDICTION

Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik - the world number 1 will justify his position and win his 1st title as rank 1. A runner-up for him is consider as a failure. But, who knows how much energy Taufik has after blowing away KBH easily in the semi-final...

Zhou Mi vs Julia Wong - Julia is really stunning everyone here. She upsets Wang Lin and Yip. But, too bad Zhou Mi will prove to be too strong for Julia. Will Zhou Mi ran out of steam after an exhaustive match with Zhu Jingjing and 3 consecutive finals?

Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu - Koo/Tan are not really performing well in the tournament though they are able to reach to the final as they struggle to win the 2nd set in the semi-finals. In the other hand, I am impressed with the taiwanese performance so far. They can be a big threat towards other top pairs.

Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli vs Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei - Zhao might be exhausting after a close 3 set fight with her teammates in the semi-final. In addition, she has to play in the mixed doubles event before coming into the court for women's doubles. So, the other chinese pair will grab this golden opportunity to secure their 1st title.

Yohan Hadikusuma/Chau Hoi Wah vs Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei - the chinese pair will get their 1st title. Hopefully, Zhao can recover fast after a tiring match in the semi-final. If not, the Hongkong pair will grab the chance and fulfill their seedings.

10. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    all the best to the malaysians!!! julia, chong wei and koo/tan... malaysia boleh....

11. kidforever

kidforever Regular Member

IT engineer
    Hopefully Julia Wong can give Zhou Mi a great fight... Julia Wong has made Malaysia so proud... give her a bit of time and more tournament, and i do believe she will do even better...
    KKK and TBH are not that impressive today... but FCM and LSM also struggled against CCE and CCM... but i somehow do believe that KKK and TBH will win tomorrow... they have the ability... best to watch when they hit top form ;)

12. kidforever

kidforever Regular Member

IT engineer
    If i'm not mistaken, Yohan played single last time before switching to mixed double? :confused:

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    MS : Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik - the world number 1 is still not at his regular level. Taufik on the other hand was very impressive against KBH. Slight advantage to LCW but I would not discount Taufik from winning this time.

WS : Zhou Mi vs Julia Wong - Julia has had an excellent tournament, but her run is expected to end tomorrow. It would be a good badminton lesson from Zhou Mi, unless Julia can capitalize on her experience opponent's fatigue. But I think Zhou Mi is too smart for that.

MD : Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu - None of the two pairs played really well. Koo/Tan made heavy weather of the 2nd game and Fang/Lee struggled against coach-less Chan/Chew. But on account of finals experience, I pick the Malaysians to succeed.

WD : Ma Jin/Wang Xiaoli vs Cheng Shu/Zhao Yunlei - CHN's future WD no 1 will pick up their 3rd consecutive title and move towards the top ranks.

XD : Yohan Hadikusuma/Chau Hoi Wah vs Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei - The CHN pair will have the edge unless HKG pair can apply pressure early.

14. persibmaung

persibmaung Regular Member

research associate
    Aha i c..thanks a lot for the info..:). Gd luck for MAS players tomorrow and Taufik also..

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2008 Macau GP Gold: Mixed Doubles Final

XD : Yohan Hadikusuma/Chau Hoi Wah vs Xu Chen/Zhao Yunlei - XC should be hungrier/determined to win this one with his new partner ZYL.

I am a bit astonished that in our PAW games, XC/ZYL were given 21 points while YHW/CHW were only given 5.

:):):)

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Enjoy the big PAW pts while it lasts, once the young CHN pairs go up in the rankings, pts will be depleted like black gold ......

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hehe, i have to admit that this time abedeng has already very addicted to the paw game:D

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hope malaysia can get 3 titles here later..
    iah!:p
    malaysia boleh!:)

19. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hopefully TH can take the match n play it seriously ,unlike when he played with the underdogs.Come on,show ur passion,TH!!

20. Luking

Luking Regular Member

TH vs LCW

TH used to beat SDK. SDK beat LCW last time. So TH will beat LCW today.
    You see i believe in badminton mathematics :cool:.