Macau Grand Prix Gold: Day 4 (Oct 3rd, 2008)

Discussion in 'China Open (1) / Macau Open / New Zealand Open 200' started by Jagdpanther, Oct 2, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MAS would be disappointed not to have more players/pairs in the SF, considering they sent a huge squad to compete in this week's Macau Open.

I am satisfied with with INA's 3 representatives in the SF (2 out of 4 MS players sent, and 1 MD). For those who had lost, Tommy pushed Taufik to a good fight, Indra Bagus lost to the more experienced Wong Choong Hann, Nana also did better than expected in her QF finish, while Aprillia was expectedly eliminated in the first round. Nadya/Devi and Towi/Yuli also lost to better CHN opponents.

2. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

3. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Agree with you as MAS lost big too.....WMC & Mooi HY/Fong CY (both seeded #1) lost to unseeded Chinese.........well lose some, win some....best of luck to Mas & Ina players in tomorrow's semis............:):):)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    kak...u dont know soratja????:eek:

george...u need to go old folks house liao...:p

zjj won wmc(china open winner),julia won wl(china master winner),fair and square...;)...if china cant win this wd title as 3 pair in semis...this will biggest disaster...anyway...this is near to imposible...

wait wait wait...where is the one who laughing mas didnt have represent in semis last week eh???...his 3rd seeded wd pair been beaten by wr 180 mas pair...:rolleyes:

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

that's from the entries of 13 MS, 3 WS, 8 MD, 5 WD & 6 XD. not exactly a good percentage, is it?

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    SURE...mas player lousy 1...cannot fight with china and others country player...right?...;)

7. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    13 MS, 3 WS, 8 MD, 5 WD, 6 XD.
    With those enormous squad, there's very high chance of MAS derby, forcefully eliminating them one by one, aside of being eliminated by better non-MAS players.

Hence, I think sending huge number of players into same tournament is a double-edged sword...

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya...jagdpanther...u missunderstand liao...:p...i just let alany happy...;)

9. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Agree....percentage wise, it is not so good......however I'm happy with the performance of Julia Wong who beat China's Wang Lin who is a top notch player...........also quite happy with Woon KW/Ng HL's performance.......the reason why you have so many Malaysian entries in this year's Macau Open is because Rashid Sidek (who is our backup squad coach) fought very hard with our badminton administrators (BAM) to give chances to his players to play overseas......as you are probably aware our juniors do not see much action overseas and they are groomed to replace our veterans many of whom have already announced their retirement...............

10. yenloo

yenloo Regular Member

student
    hi there
    i think goh is 19 .. same wit me
    coz if im not mistaken he is my primary classmate ... that time he was wakil negeri ... :D alr start since standard 6 :p i can still remember him. :cool: