women should be entitled to take part in men's matches.

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Sgbad, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    What do you guys think?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lets say, take for example: the top 5seeds of WS will qualify to play in MS events in major competitions.

Top 5seeds of WS----> MS
    Top 5seeds of WD----> MD

Then we might see players like xiexingfang, dujing/yuyang playing in men's games. But of course, they should play in their respective WS and WD as well. What do you think if such a rule is set.

What do you guys think?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

don't think it'll happen.
    and i don't think they'll be too succesful either.
    i reckon XXF would not even feature in the MS top 20 list.

3. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The top men singles players with their ability to full jump smash, faster footwork and shuttle speed(pace of the game) is way too much for all women singles players.

Top men doubles players may easily smash through most ladies' defense, while it is extremely difficult for any women doubles players to do the same.

Only way I can see women take part in men's matches(in the professional circuit) is if BWF will downgrade some weak men players to participate in women's events.:p:D:D:D

4. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    For the top 5seeds in WS/WD to participate in men's event would enable to gain more experience, get used to the speed and power of the male players, where in turn, might be able to give them more benefits in their own cateogory of WS/WD. And i feel its a incentive for the female players to go the extra mile.:D:D
    Well, i am quite sure, some of the females might cause some upsets in the male events.:eek::eek:

5. Superstar

Superstar Regular Member

Reduce the skill of men badminton

I asked my friend in the national squad why don't you (from the male squad) train with Ai Ying. I receive the respond ' then the skill of the male player will drop'.

I do not think XXF can take on Ronald or kendrick who are a bit outside top 20. Only only this, I think our Singapore first tier national player can take on XXF easily not mentioning our top 2.

I don't mind if given a chance to play with her..............:p

6. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Hm, I don't see much point. Take for example public running events. Start is for everyone, but at the finish, they'll tell the first male and first female later, also juniors.
    And I'm sure, if the women are highly ranked, they can train at home with male counterparts.
    And I got beaten up at MD by WD, as there were too few women at higher class, and they downgraded them to my subgroup :D On recreational level its OK, but to watch it on TV, forget it :)

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't see why not on a fairness level. if a lady wants to compete with the men, sure. i have seen that done before in local tournaments where very strong lady players do compete in the men's event.

however, i don't see how it makes practical sense in pro tournaments.

imagine XXF entering MS. she probably get to play a few rounds, and with all due respects, i think it will be tough for her to go through 2 or 3 rounds in MS. she can try and try hard, and then she will be exhausted playing. on top of that, she also need to play WS and she will be tired, and probably means won't be as competitive in WS.

and then at the same time, she will be playing more matches, and more chances of injury or aggravating her current injuries.

so it doesn't make sense and probably why we don't see it happening.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) This is not even the battle of sexes (why can I post sexes but not ***?)
    2) Michelle Wee(d)
    3) Most of time, top women player can not even make it through qualifying round.
    4) What is the point?

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

purely hypothetically, i would be interested to see how she fairs.
    maybe get her to play the #10, #20, #30 ranked MS players in the world and see where she falls.
    or, alternatively, get the #50 ranked MS player or so and see where he falls playing against the top ladies, if he can beat all of them, then we'll know where they stand.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  11. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Ladies games are mostly relying on mistakes of the opponents. There are not many offenses and quick smashes. Almost all of them could not even do jump smashes.

If they want to try, probably they can start from the local level tournaments or the possible scenario is against the "retired" professional players.

12. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Why? Aren't they supposed to be playing in women's matches? I mean, their competition is supposed to be women, guys are supposed to compete against guys, that's why they split up the diciplines anyways.

13. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Why not?? If women are good and talented enough, then why not play against men???

14. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    Will make easier for the organizer, eliminate the gender/hormone test. Only drug test to worry now. To eliminate the Drug test, can have open category, male, female, doped or anything else. Ha..ha this is just my humor for today.

15. tk009

tk009 Regular Member

Supposedly at uni studying
    LOL in my home town all the top women used to play in the mens divisions - and win ;)
    Not sure if that is still the case.

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Well, if women are good and talented enough, there are other women who are better, or provide enough competition.

I'm only talkign about pro circuits here. For normal tournaments, etc, girls are pretty much at the same levels as guys.

17. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    well, imagine a game between bao chunlai vs tina rasmussen.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Interesting!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I guess players like GaoLing wouldnt mind being able to participate in MD games. She has won everything that she can win in her WD and XD career.:D

19. viver

viver Regular Member

Don't think this would be an interesting match! Women players from badminton powerhouses can beat good amateur men players. But against top men players, don't think there will be too much of a fight!

20. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Imagine Tina ploughing BCL. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: