Malaysian Pair Went Walkabout

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by X Ball, Aug 13, 2008.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I was never a great fan of theirs - only LCW. But I supported them because they are Malaysians. Anyway, they will find it hard to win again if they play like this.

In all honesty, they are not playing well together. As I said earlier, they showed glimpses of brilliance but cannot seem to string it all together. I would still support them as much as I can.

2. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

TBH/KKK, they were not really into the game last nite, atleast not until it's too late. They just don't seem having the focus, urgency, and motivation level needed at this stage of competition, things that i've seen in MK/HS and FHF/CY at the moment.

3. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Change

Is easy to say KKK/TBH isnt good anymore but we must also acknowledge that their opponent can improve as well...

Opponent can train, study tapes and think as well... they are not stangnant! :D

4. block306

block306 Regular Member

What are you guys ranting about??
    Everyone has their good and bad days. yesterday was not the best for the M'sian pair but was one of the best days for the Indon pair. The Indon pair are just more focused and hungry. That's life, you win some and lose some.

5. darenong

darenong Regular Member

seriously ppl, did all the pairs that beaten kkk/tbh improved or actually the opposite ? lol

6. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

IMHO, beetween the top 4 pairs, MK/HS, FHF/CY, LYD/JJS, and TBH/KKK, the difference level is so slim it's negligible regarding the technical & physical abilities. It's just the execution at the particular match that will be the deciding factor, and honestly, that thing didn't come out last night out of them, because of the lack of their mental strength (focus, urgency, motivation) at that time.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

errrrr, huh? got hurt meh? :confused: I dunno, though I cheer & will support them during matches, yesterday's lost I didnt feel like some said "heart broken", dissappointed. I did not expect our MD to win gold, medal perhaps but not gold - of course if they did it would be beyond logical thought thingy.
    But then again, I did not predict LYD/JJS to win gold either, he he.

KKK/TBH as Rexy did say bf OG had to start from stratch. They may split after this, depends whether they still gel together

Take heart my friend, life goes on for us. For some ppl in real life, they couldnt care less whether Msia win gold, silver, bronze or no medal.;)

8. armortec800

armortec800 Regular Member

天河地理,人有失手,有失蹄.谅解吧.

9. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Everybody seems to lose their faith and patience on KKK/TBH.
    Yup, they just cant seem to find their form when its needed nowadays, esp KKK.
    Unless he manage to find back his old form, i dont see they will go far anywhere.

10. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

I wonder when will this issue die away... gosh, so braggy with all these nags and nags. No old folks home gonna accept you guys.

Move on, the world just don't end there. If KKK/TBH deserves to be supported and respected, they will eventually. Why are we crying over spilled milk over and over again.

11. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    This is confusing... as about 6 hours later... a humble X Ball turned back into his old self...

X Ball... were you drunk when you wrote the first post of this thread?;)

12. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

I don't see how anyone could be fans of KKK/TBH when they have no class at all, unless they are purely fans of them because they are Malaysian. They didn't even shake Kido and Setiawan's hands after the match.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thanks for your little psychological evaluation regarding the 'still emotionally affected' syndrome. Let me tell you that honestly from the bottom of my heart, I am glad I took the decision to leave football. I got an education in return and now earning a decent income working for an Australian MNC. I do at times meet up with my former teamates and you know what, some of them, despite showing the potential in their junior years are now working as office boy, printing clerk and courier service van delivery man. I am thankful to God for his little blessings.

It is within your right to disagree or call it spinning on my part. I am a big boy and can accept it.
    ;)

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Losing gracefully is something KKK/TBH got to learn.

15. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I know you are doing rather well and that is a good choice on your part. But it doesn't change the fact that you are disgusted with FAM, BAM, bureaucracy or anything at all and it is clearly being reflected on your posting. It is alright for a person to do that. It just that I think it is no different to people what you been laughing at about.

I just don't understand why you have to pick on poor people who would do no harm to anyone being over-supportive for their favourite players and such. But turn a total blind eye on thing like the "match-fixing" or "Anti-Malaysia sentiment"? Or you think there aren't any?

True that.
    Would you say the same if LD did the same?

#55 V3i HoN6, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  16. coospore

coospore Regular Member

Friday August 15, 2008

Rexy takes the blame, leaves fate to the BAM

THERE was no resignation drama played out this time but doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky is taking responsibility for the performance of his charges in the Beijing Olympics and will leave it to the Badminton Association of Malaysia to decide on his future.
    Although his heart is still on staying in Malaysia, Rexy said that he had to accept the fact that he had failed in his task to produce a winner in Beijing.
    “I would like to stay on as my family has settled down in Malaysia. But I'm just a worker and I leave it to BAM to decide,” said Rexy, who began coaching in Malaysia in 2005 and has a contract to run until June next year.
    Veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah failed to get the better of second ranked Koreans Lee Jae-jin-Hwang Ji-man for the second successive time and were eliminated in the first round on Tuesday.
    Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong raised hopes that they would be able to pull through when they turned on the power to beat Japan's Shuichi Sakamoto-Shintaro Ikeda in the first round.
    But the following day, they looked out of depth against world champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia and lost in straight games in the quarter-finals. And Rexy left the stadium in a huff on Wednesday night.
    “It's a disappointment. I do not understand why they played well in the first round but totally different the next day,” he said yesterday.
    “Koo told me that they could not find space to kill off the Indonesian pair. I do not know what happened to them. In training, they were doing well and communication was okay.
    “After beating the Japanese pair, I asked them about their feelings and they were relaxed. But they should not feel that way because they still had tough matches to play. I do not want to push them because I do not want to add pressure on them. But it's no use now.”
    The failure of Kien Keat-Boon Heong to bag a medal may lead Rexy to split up their partnership.
    “Our players should be more professional in the sense that they know what to do and not rely on the coaches. While other players were jogging, our players were still sleeping in the Athletes Village,” he said. (This says it all of the attitude!)
    “We have a few back-up players eager to move up. We have to start focusing on the younger pairs.”

17. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Vacation at Beijing, China

14 days, 15 nites at Beijing = RM 0.00 !!
    :D:):D:)

18. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

Shake hand

To be fair, MK/HS went straight to their coach after the match, hugging and celebrating. When MK/HS went back to the Umpire and Service judge, KKK/TBH did not see them as they are already packing their things. :rolleyes: No, I'm not their fan.

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    same situation to many other players. not run to shake with opponent but run to some where else......
    but, the opponent starts shaking hand with umpire and service judge, then wait at the net ..... :rolleyes:

yesterday, LCW did shake with everyone 1st before running to hug Misbun...

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

huh???:eek::eek::eek::confused: