Misbun gives Hafiz two more chances

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by alfa-2, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Follow Park... Drink more potent ginseng and be merry this Christmas!
    Ye will be sharper than thy crystal ball! :rolleyes:

But don't lose faith on LCW now that ye has changed support for HH! :D

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Loh always looks like Santa Claus
    He says things without much remorse
    Give him a cue on something
    He will copy it like everything
    However he speaks words of wisdom
    So, at least, there will be no martyrdom.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    REMORSE?
    COPY?
    WISDOM?

I thought this is all for fun - entertainment! :):):)

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes for my fun making !:D;)

5. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It is really funny looking both at you poking fun to each other...

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

It is what I called 'Cross Border' poking. We are very much children at heart.:D

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yeah i can see that. heheh

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Friday June 27, 2008
    BAM to discuss fate of under-performing shuttler Hafiz
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: The future of national men's singles shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim will be on the agenda when the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee and exco meet today in Bukit Kiara here.

Yesterday, the fourth seeded Hafiz was eliminated in the third round off the Thailand Open, losing 21-19, 16-21, 10-21 to unheralded Yuichi Ikeda of Japan. It was the second consecutive crushing blow for Hafiz after a first-round defeat by another Japanese, Kenichi Tago, in the Indonesian Open in Jakarta last week.

The BAM general manager, Kenny Goh, admitted that the Hafiz's slide in performance again was a major concern for them.

“We (the BAM) will take into consideration his results in recent tournaments and discuss his position in the national team in either the coaching and training committee or exco meetings. Our decision will be in the best interest of both parties,” he said.

Hafiz, who sounded his intention to leave his club, Nusa Mahsuri, a couple of months ago is currently enjoying the benefits of a national player under the BAM banner, which includes monthly allowances given by the National Sports Council (NSC).

With Hafiz's defeat in Bangkok yesterday, the Malaysian interest in the Thailand Open is only in the doubles events.

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Poor chap. He's not doing himself a favour...

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well here is a case of the mind is willing but the body is not. When you hit this low spot in life, the best is to move on and do something else. There are other ways of making a livelihood.

11. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Hey X Ball, are you still looking for a programmer in your company. Maybe you should employ HH as a trainee. :p

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha..............!:D

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

gezz... this is a joke manz... Mr.Yoyo is back to BAM's fold? What can he contribute? Sparring partner? If I'm not mistaken, BAM pays RM$2,000 for each sparring partner and I'm sure Hafiz got more than that now :rolleyes:

I thought BAM will run the "overhaul" after the Olympics? If so, why still collecting "dusks"? :cool:

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Jimbo, if he is not desperate, do you think he will come back to the fold of BAM - why wouldn't he join KLRC ? And why did he want to move off to KLRC in the first place -it is because his club (Nusa...) is not doing him justice - not paying him well as his performance no longer draws sponsors.

Do you think he will be paid more if he does not perform ? The BAM incentives are based on performance -- so if he does not, the petrol money to go to train every day will take a considerable amount anyway. No point getting jealous lah - I won't do it if I were Hafiz. But if you are desperate to get back up, you will take the next nearest offer which at least keeps you afloat.

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree with U. My concerned is NOT where he is heading to (does it matter) but why is BAM doing this "charity"? I want to see more juniors to challenge our LCW but NOT Mr.Yoyo occupying the "seat". We need more of Arif, TanCS, etc... but not HIM ;)

I think he is a dumb a*s coz he should know that his main weakness is FITNESS. A BIG boss of BAM told me that he is more talented than LCW and WCH but he lacks fitness. So, why NOT him working on his fitness? Plain lazy bummer, I say :cool:

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) I also want to see our back-up promoted to senior squad. The lads trying hard to proof themselves though not as talented according to Rashid Sidek.
    2) Really?? :confused: More talented than LCW & uncle Wong ? <rub eyes>That talent sure didnt come out much:p. Me thought uncle WCH in his younger days was the most talented MS among the 3.

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Let me talk about these three players (LCW, WCH and HH) from a player myself and technical views as well.

WCH: He was a very good attacking player with strong determination and fighting spirits. He had everything in a champion though he lacked the variations and skills. His game is a plain vanila (doesnt mean no good); speed and power. Nothing special, no secret weapons.

LCW: He is not a born natural player but his effort, discipline and determination has brought him (with the guidance of LiMao and Misbun) to where he belongs today. He has the fitness, skills, attitude (both on and off court), and most of all, his hunger for success. I watched him playing when he was a junior and his game has developed and matured. Just love to see his tricks, diving, and most of all, never-give-up attitude. Simply superb guy. He reminds me of Yong Hock Kim and Rashid.

HH: This guy is very talented since young. He has all the skills, height and power but lack of fitness. His biggest enemy is his stamina. He also shows little fighting spirits but perhaps he was trying to catch every breath... haha :D. Now, he doesnt need Misbun or anyone else to polish his game but he needs to attend Marathon courses... haha :p

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya...kak...he mean HH lar...aiyo...

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ya loh, I also mean Hafiz. Surprised got ppl say Hafiz more talented than LCW & WCH.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sure lar...talented only mah...