Thailand Open 2008 : The Draw

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by CLELY, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    LCW is the best player in the world of the past 2 months! He defeated every contender he faced! I think he has a good chance to be the Olympic champ...

2. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Its gonna be between him and LD. BCL and the Korean duo might surprised me, but I expect clash between those 2 in the MS final.

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya...they also wont facing each other in OG 1...note my word...

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

What on earth are you talking about? There's no "suddenly" here. Lee Chong Wei has been in top form since the later stages of last year. And lately, he seems to have even gone a step further (though that remains to be seen, there's no doubt he's done extremely well lately). You can't go and ignore all of his other results and single out one (TC against LD). That's not really giving all the facts now is it? For someone who goes on about how "you can't argue with facts", you sure like to twist and bend the truth.

Forget facts, and for a second just use good old common sense. Whatever way you look at it, Lee Chong Wei other than Lin Dan has been the most impressive player of late.

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

that will increse the number of posts in this forum and thats a good news:)
    haha

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I knew there was at least A COUPLE OF knowledgeable badminton fan out there ;):cool:. And I can safely say there are many more.

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

If pjswift saying "LD avoiding LCW" is "insulting" LD, then you (and other LD fans) saying things like "LD deliberately didn't give 100%" is effectively an insult to LD's opponents -- unless you have good evidence to say so.

Let me be clear. I myself do not think the above comments (both yours and pjswift's) are insults. There is nothing wrong in fans trying to analyze athlete's performance.

"I've made several reasonable postulation about certain chinese players absenteeism in SO and IO without any proofs or evidence AND yet u yourself agreed to several of them." This is a very interesting comment. Others agreeing with some of your claims doesn't mean you have made a good argument. For example, one person said "1+1=2 because the Sun is circling the Moon, and as a consequence every meteor contains life!", no one would disagree with the "1+1=2" part. :D

Look at the bold parts of your comment. I suspect you really by default do not treat other people (especially those holding different opinions than yours) as intellectual equals as yourself. If this is true, then indeed it is very hard for you to just present your argument without pouring in personal attacks. :cool:

Finally, about your "LCW avoiding LD in TO" thing. Don't forget TO is a smaller tournament and big guys like LD and LCW are not supposed to attend it. So it's LD who choose to attend a tournament that does not deserve his participation, not LCW. In other words, LCW is doing normal things, but LD is not. Remember how surprised the organizers were when LD participated in the German Open last year?

#47 ye333, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  8. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    Didn't read all the posts, is Zhang Dan (lady double) of Macau previously partner of Zhang Ya Wen?

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Don't be surprised that BP stands quite a good chance for GOLD from the OG 2008

:D:D:D Hahaha ... So many comments about LD and LCW in their expected MS Final in the coming OG 2008, even in this thread.

But don't be surprised that BP stands quite a good chance for GOLD from the OG 2008.

:):):)

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

He's my dark horse for OG gold.

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    For information, I have asked Chinese official why LD and others take part of TO....she said that it is more difficult for chinese to win more titles and she thinks that TO will be a good chance...

12. victory

victory Regular Member

Really?? If what you say is true than it is very obvious the chinese team is trying to avoid strong players. What surprise me is not just LD is trying to avoid strong players like LCW, Sony, Peter, LHI and PSH, it is the whole chinese team! I have never thought that once extremely formidable chinese team will have to "find easy meat" by avoiding strong players.:eek: But in my opinion Ponsana is not easy meat. He is one of the dark horses for the Oplmpic gold.

I am not challenging your source of information but are you 100% sure that particular Chinese official's word is credible?

However I am not too surprise it is 100% true. By looking at the results of the Chinese badminton team since 2007 you can see they are indeed cracking. They get much less gold and silver metals compare to past 5 years of so. The down hill trend is especially clear since the second half of 2007.