Thailand Open 2008 : The Draw

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by CLELY, Jun 12, 2008.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I must say she has one very fogged up crystal ball :p.

It's so funny that so many think LCW is suddenly the unbeatable king that's finally awaken admist one win over LD in the TC. He is expected to be the most dangerous thing now, with all the best skills, speed and blah blah.
    LD a player who has been dominating relentlessly for god knows how long, has a lapse and loses one match and everyone is blasting him down compared to LCW. LOL that so many people expected PSH to beat him in TC finals even though LD wasn't in good form he still effortlessly wiper PSH out in the third set.
    Just because LCW won the SG open doesn't make him the best player right now either, in a normal SS, who would expect him to get such a easy ride into the finals barring a little resistance from Peter Gade who is jaded.
    Completely dominating Simon Santoso means he will completely dominate CJ, BCL, LD, LHI, PSH, SDK and BP?
    It's always the same premature climax story, where after one win against LD, LCW is touted to finally break his supposed mental barrier, coupled with his spectacular skills he would be invincible. Just look back at what happened WC07 IN MALAYSIA, such a massive flop for all to see. Completely annihilated by Sony.
    We may just see the same old story coming up in the olympics too ;)

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ya, I think you can stop your overbloated biased boasting too :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Does what you say make you any better than a MAS fan trumpeting LCW? The way you're going on about LD, why don't we give him the gold medal right now.... NOT.

No one doubts LD is the favourite to win but there are serious contenders who should worry LD. And obviously LCW is one of them. Let's look at the top ranked players who could challenge LD:
    BCL - perhaps, but I suspect LYB won't let his golden boy lose.
    PG - nope; like you said too jaded.
    TH - nope; it's about his lifestyle and family now.
    BP - maybe one of the dark horses.
    Sony/Simon - nope; not in the same class.
    LHI/PSH - possible; we don't know how they've been training.

Which leaves LCW for obvious reasons. Why can some LD fans not accept he is the most dangerous threat to his OG gold aspirations while knowledgeable badminton fans know it?

3. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Nobody says LCW is unbeatable.
    If LD was that damned good, he should have finished PSH off in straight games instead of having some scare by losing the 1st game as mentioned by madbad.
    Yes, very likely.
    Yeah, history will repeat itself in Beijing for LD. In case you are not aware, LD has yet to win any non-annually tourneys. Note: LD only started winning WC when it has been changed to annual event.

#23 robin7, Jun 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  4. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Over bloated bias? Mate I'm just pointing out the facts and historical evidence backs those cases up. Obviously Lin Dan was not in good form in the TC, yet he still withstand PSH two days after receiving a drubbing from LCW.
    Many of LCW's fans are the ones spouting out the hype saying LCW is definitely the player to beat, so why don't we just hand him a nice shiny medal right now? He's mentally crumbled in big tourneys barring this TC. At the world championships in 06-07 was he also not considered LD's biggest threat? Yet he failed both times to even make it to the finals, after being hyped up to be seemingly on fire and unstoppable.
    Like Chen Hong who was a exceptional player himself, he fails when the occasion really matters. When LCW manages to win a any of WC, AE, AG or OG then come back and laugh at my comments.

Sony not in the same class yet he's able to beat LCW, BCL and the works?

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

He wasn't playing his best, yet his stamina and experience pulled through. PSH was completely fatigued in the third set.

Yeah like how LCW manage to dominate CJ in AE :rolleyes: or LHI in KO, BCL in CO07 and Sony in the world championships last year?

HAHA ok yep. At least he wins the more renowned tourneys like WC and AE.
    I would like to see history repeat itself and Taufik to surprise everyone and win the gold.
    [/quote]

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

15 characters......................

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Oh really? There is lack of credibility based on facts?

Who would make an excuse after they win? "Oh yeah I won due to sheer luck?" I agree with you on the latter.

My expectations for LD is that he performs to his normal level and that should be enough to play against any opponent, whilst his opponent would have to have a very good day to upset him. How is that over hyping and unreasonable? He has the track record to prove his prowesses. And I have definitely not gone around post in every thread hyping up LD saying he is unbeatable at the Olympics. I'm just trying to point out, prejudice LCW fans such as PJswift don't gloat too early after a win over LD, cos the same things have happened before and looked at the consequences.

Yes that was a absolute shocker that will forever be tarnished in his image if he fails again. He also had shockers in AG06 losing to LHI in the finals and TH in the individual finals after he held many game points.

Same

I'm watching with anticipation the heated replies.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Good, may the best player win :)

9. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Man there is nothing wrong disagreeing with other people. But it seems you are equating your sense/logic and common sense/logic, and consequently any opinion that is opposing yours would become "absurd" to you. That is kind of insulting to other people.

Is it that hard for you to just claim your opinion/objection and present your reasoning/proof, without pouring in personal attacks? :confused:

By the way, it's not accurate to say "practically the whole China team skipped SO and IO". I would say China basically split the whole team in two and put a bit less than half in IO, a bit more than half in TO. Just compare:

MS: BCL, CJ vs LD ------ No. 2, 3 vs No. 1
    WS: ZN, ZL vs XXF, LL ------- Kind of even split
    XD: ZB/GL vs the other two ------ No. 1 vs No. 2,3
    WD: WYL/ZYW vs the other two ------ One of the 3 vs Two of the 3

MD is the only one that kind of fits your description.

According to Chinese news, CJ withdrew due to recurring of old injury. This makes sense since 1. Doing this makes CJ attending no tournament before OG and he thus has no chance to "fine-tune" his game. 2. CJ's waist injury indeed recurred quite a few times in the past year.

I kind of agree that LD is avoiding LCW, LCW is starting to approach LD's best level (I doubt LD can beat SS 21:5 unless he is in top form). In the case of WS, the split is to compare ZN, ZL and LL. In the case of XD, my opinion is that LYB is still most confident in ZB/GL when facing the two INA pairs, so he sent them to beat them, mission half-accomplished as NW/LN lost to the DEN pair; In the case of WD it doesn't quite matter as LHJ/LKW was not there; On the other hand it is possible that LYB wants to check how WYL/ZYW would perform against the INA pair, as YW/ZJW met the INA pair in Uber cup, and DJ/YY met them in Swiss open already.

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yup, thats the spirit :cool:

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    don't under estimate china's fake industry ingenuity, we never know a real or fake LD is competing in certain tournaments, Whenever LD lost, one has to ponder whether the real or fake LD was playing:D;):p:D:cool:

12. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Very well said. A more logical and objective analysis by someone from China itself... ye333, u r the man...:cool:

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey, i did not come out of the closet and make fun of LCW's confidence or mental strength. The only thing i have said about LCW in 2008 is that he has the most pressure because the whole nation riding on a silver or gold medal from LCW and badminton is MAL's sport of hope in this OG. Yes, pjswift made an opinion, and I followup with my opinion based on her self disclosure of her game evaluating IQ.

Not playing certain tournaments doesnt mean avoiding certain players. The real combat is 08 OG. Using your pjswift and ye333 twisted logic, is LCW avoiding LD in the TO? TH is known to play certain tournaments, which players is TH trying to avoid, LD or several more players?

Sometime, one does not need support or proofs to laugh at certain statement. I've made several reasonable postulation about certain chinese players absenteeism in SO and IO without any proofs or evidence AND yet u yourself agreed to several of them.
    Before u accuse me as insulting pjswift, first judge how pjswift insult someone else (LD) which she has absolutely no understanding of, only to poke fun of.

#33 cooler, Jun 23, 2008
  14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I laugh at the all the defence of LD in response to PjSwift's comments. If you don't agree, it means that you must be pro-LD. PjSwift's comments are justifiably correct - why not send LD to SO - it is not like they don't have the time to recover after that for the Olympics. Clearly, something is troubling LD (like his confidence perhaps ?). Will a 2nd loss to LCW prior to the Olympics shake his confidence even further and hence the reason to keep him from playing and now possibly sending him to Thailand knowing LCW will not be there ? It so obvious.

For all the reasons you gave Volcom, it sounds like you are gloating more than PjSwift coz you can never accept LCW's superiority over LD - it is alright, we will wait for the big event to know better.

And stop telling us the past records, talk about the present - the form today.

#34 X Ball, Jun 23, 2008
  15. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Don't worry man, we all know you are LCW biggest fan, the man in your eyes can do no wrong.
    Talking like it's a certainty, even if other nations send full force to SO that LCW would still win it? :rolleyes:
    And yeah, I wonder what will you say if LCW fails to win a single medal at the Olympics? Like last year before he went to WC, you were so confident in him, again so this year at the AE. Time and time again LCW has fallen in big events, while the 'inferior' LD has done better, hmm what must be the reason then? :rolleyes:

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...even skipping tournament also causes so many argue...:rolleyes:

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yeah, it's heating up, alright..

...*phew* about 6 weeks before all the big showdowns begin, and we've already got ourselves quite a head start.........................and all of this in a totally different sub-forum/tournament......I've got to say, i think all of the fans (LD's & LCW's fans) can't wait for the Olympic Games to commence...;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...they are so nervous to watch a show down...

19. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Most of the fans will be dissapointed... that includes ME :eek::crying::crying:

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, "so many" ???? Where got many ? no such thing, seriously.:D
    RLOL, LCW himself cautioned - 'there's much to be done ahead of OG', it's just normal tourney for him (the articles are posted in LCW's thread). IN TC finals, real life, the focus was more on the failure of Msia to beat China, seriously.

Best player after Spore SS? nahhh, no such thing, the main points in real life were LCW must maintain his form in the chase of a medal in OG. And bf Spore SS, the main points were if LCW could not win Spore SS, it's a failure, like what some say abt China team for this Thailand GP, seriously.
    .;)

Anyway, tomm round 1 will start, we'll have fun watching livescore till Semi, seriously. :D:D