Indonesia SS 2008: Day 6 (22 June -- FINALS)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Thailand Open 2008' started by badMania, Jun 21, 2008.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

According to the schedule:

Men's Singles
    Simon Santoso [8] vs Sony Dwi Kuncoro [4] -- an all-INA Final and what a performance by Sony in beating Bao today. I will be a neutral spectator, but, I guess Taufik Hidayat will be the one to lose out if Simon were to emerge victorious....he deserves a title for his performance over the past 2 weeks! However, Sony has the slight edge.

Men's Doubles
    Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya [5] vs Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazary/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif [8] -- likewise, Fuzzy has been tremendous in the past 2 weeks. Tony/Candra will need to be alert and I hope the veteran pair can win their first title this year.

Women's Doubles
    Vita Marissa/Liliyana Natsir [4] vs Satoko Suetsuna/Miyuki Maeda [3] -- after the tough victoryover the top-seed today, I think Vita/Butet will be more than ready to win their second SS titles.

Women's Singles
    Zhu Lin [1] vs Maria Kristin Yulianti -- it will be another miracle if Maria are to defy the odds yet again tomorrow. She will deserve the title, having beaten 2 Chinese players and two ex-Chinese player. Zhu Lin still has the edge.

Mixed Doubles
    Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl [4] vs Zheng Bo/Gao Ling [2] -- the crowds will probably have dispersed by the time this match is played. Let's see if the Danes can spring some surprise.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-^^With all the drama going right now..^^

..in the PBSI camp, and if the Olympics/BWF rule allows a change in the players' list, i think it'll be wise for PBSI to drop Taufik from the INA badminton Olympics squad, in the immediate future. In a way, if i were Taufik, i'd resign my name from the Olympic-bound squad.*shakes head*:(
    PBSI should prepare and concentrate on Simon and Sony for the upcoming Olympics. And they should start focusing on the players who are ready to go and represent the country.:cool:

#2 ctjcad, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

Simon VS Sony---- I will say Simon will give a great fight !!! I will pick Simon 55-45

Maria - Zhu Lin - I will not surprised if Maria can beat Zhu Lin. I wonder what Susi has done to the Women's Team of INA... It such an tremendous differences to what we saw before Uber Cup

TG/CW
    vs Fuzzy - THis one is pretty tight. Fuzzy has shown good to us. but maybe this will go to Veteran pair

Vita-Lilyana - JPN Pair ---- I can say straigh set score lower than 18

ZB/GL will accompany Zhu Lin as a winner in IO Open 2008 (Staright Set)

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Krisna and Hau-Ge might hear more news abt who will be sent to the Olympics eventually after the Finals tomorrow. Let's see....

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We will keep an eye on that. I personally agree with ctjcad's opinion... :)

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Maria is now ready to represent INA! A bronze medal in the horizon maybe...?

I think if Maria gets a bronze medal in Beijing 2008, that could be the crowning achievement in her whole career... :) She will never be a Susi or Mia... but if she can get a bronze in the WS medal tally, how many other Indonesian WS in history can claim to have achieved that kind of glory? :p

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That seems to be the consensus here. Get rid of Taufik and just send Simon to the Olympics. Taufik basically has no tournaments for preparation whereas Simon has had 2 good tournaments so far, the best of his career.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I agree. That will very much depends on her draw. Just hope she can be more consistent from now on and start winning those GP and GP Gold events. However, I won't complain if it starts from a SS title tomorrow :D

Just recalled that she was nearly dropped from Pelatnas 2 years ago, with the Singapore and Indonesia Satellites being the last events to prove herself. She went on to win both events....

9. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

but, I think, it's better to send Taufik than Simon Santoso(althought i love him...)...

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yeah! Even if Simon does not win the gold in Beijing... Maybe a bronze for Simon [like Sony in Athens 2004] this time... and at the very minimum, he will get Olympic playing experience. Simon can still go for gold in London 2012! :) He is still young and have not reached his peak yet!

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I could sense that Krisna is a very happy man this evening at Istora Senayan. :D

Pity I couldn't be there to share in the celebrations! ;)

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Ave Maria!!!!

Maria 4.jpg

MAARRRIIIAAA!!!! Ave Maria!!!! :D

#12 Krisna, Jun 21, 2008
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I would think so..

...esp. with this kind of accomplishment in this yr's INA Open. A runner-up finish, tomorrow, should and would improve her confidence/mentality.
    On that note, i hope she (and the rest of the squad) starts hitting the gym, laces up her shoes and trains even harder, esp. for her fitness/stamina.:cool:

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well-said....better starts from now than to wait for him 4 years later.

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I think all the BC people and the Indonesian Open viewers agree that today was definitely BY FAR the best day of the week!!!! :D :D :D So many good games and lively entertainment! And the match of the week has to be Maria Kristin vs. Zhang Ning!!!! :D :D :D

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Krisna, Hau-Ge, and me (although I am not in Istora :D) are very happy. We will even be happier if INA can win at least 3 titles tomorrow.

The only minor disappointment is my 2 fav pairs: Kido/Hendra and Nova/Butet losing before the Finals :eek:

17. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Agree with all of your predictions, except I give Zhu Lin vs Maria 50-50.
    Maria's playing is now incredible.

18. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Dont be disappointed. One half of the XD is still playing WD.

I just hope our Fuzzy can capitalize on uncles being tired. Tony/Chandra today not at their best but Hoon/Ong were more nervy & made lots of mistakes.

#18 eaglehelang, Jun 21, 2008
  19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm..

..the INA squad will be going with a 1 man MS crew if Taufik is to be included. I'd rather have 2 ready-to-go MS players than 1.
    There are less than 6 weeks left til the Olympics and all we see, recently, is Taufik not crying to be included in the team but..........................................to be booted out of the team. The guy's head is definitely not focus and geared towards the upcoming Olympics.
    Yes, it's a sad and unfortunate scenario, esp. for all the Taufik's fans/supporters, but that's the reality.:(:p

#19 ctjcad, Jun 21, 2008
  20. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Your opinion is absolutely make sense, I like the bold one above.