Swiss Open Day 6 - Finals (16 Mar)

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by robin7, Mar 15, 2008.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Can you pay to watch it over the net then?

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    opssss........ not available :(

3. F-38-I

F-38-I Regular Member

medical doctor
    Hoahm... I get sleepy, maybe wanna sleep for an hour, hope not miss the last match. Gud nite everyone!

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow...how about MS....CJ...after withdrawed from Swiss Open...out of No.4 already ...?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They look disinterested...maybe the big bonuses at the end of the year (esp for Vita Marissa) did distract them a little bit :cool:

Basically, INA is only relying on them for the Olympics 2008....no big hope also...maybe a bronze medal? The big hope is till on the ever so inconsistent Nova/Butet.

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    sweetdream till morning..............:)

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I nickname him the robot...I always think he looks so stiff and limited when he plays. unlike ZB who appears very supple despite his large build.

Yes they are consistent, but only to a point, when playing mid level pairs I would back them every time, but against top players in QF onwards I do not have confidence, maybe only 30%, this can mean sometimes they win if opponents have off day, but mostly they will lose at this stage.

He/Yu hav potential to grow into good pair, they are still young (22?)

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I respect what you said and I believe it could be detrimental if they are pressurised in that sense. Perhaps I should have clarified more -- every time I read in the press on the players being interviewed it always has to do with BAM trying to ask in the most proper way what went wrong and BAM trying to help them sort out their problems, even though they were told that they need to change.

And this is why some people here think BAM is too soft with the players. I think some kind of accountability is good because it would make them not stray from their objectives. As you said they are young (and are not politicians) and they tend to lose focus sometimes. It is no different from being told off by the teachers in class.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's why many top coaches have left MAS. Rexy was also thinking of leaving..not once....twice!

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    business oppurtunity missed by them.....I have my Cdt Card numbers on hand for when they do!

Meanwhile WD is meandering towards the end.....21-18 and 5-2 to Zhang/Yang

11. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    now is 8-6..............:D

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

:D was refering to earlier posts. Bananakid mis-interpret my reply.
    Yeah, LCW also must give you 20 page explaination. Not forgetting WMC for 'losing tamely' to Zhou Mi (that was the headline in the Star), he he
    KKK/TBH 100 pages plus XXXX punishments ;). who else , master X ball?

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Rexy believes in the 'stick' to get them focused. Young players will lose focus - it is a tough sport and you have to be very disciplined to keep winning.

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Yes some accountability is required, but is it the form of this accountability that is the most crucial. For example in MAS I get the impression that the players who have performed in the past will continue to be backed with finance and resources as MAS believe they will perform again. If they don't MAS want to know why. (eg Hafiz)

In ENG there is a monetary system wherby the players are accountable for themselves. There is different level of funding availble to players depending on there level of performances over the last xyrs. If they don't perform then coaches and psychologists may well help them understand why but at the end of the day if they continue to underperform they will lose funding and therfore drop off the chart.

I am not saying MAS/ENG are good/bad, just that there must be a better way to improve MAS performances. MAS players have equal or similar talent to CHN players, but never seem to make it.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hahaha, I only need his explanation for the AE loss. For SO, I think LD played too well.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

What about HH....dont he also need to present You a very tick book of reports........:D

17. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

hehe yeh the Robot is quite apt nickname for him. I think ppl give his smash more credit than it deserves. ZB is very similar to Zhang Jun in many respects and perhaps that is why the GL/ZB partnership is so strong. I have always regarded XZB/ZYW as a pair which will help clear the way for the no.1 pair, which was ZJ/GL and now ZB/GL. However, it appears HHB/YY have the potential to be considered a pair which can "share the glory" with ZB/GL but its still too early to say that.
    are England scared of CHN players? how did Eng beat IND's 2 top XD pairs and then wilt in the final. As sooon as I saw Clark/Kellogg make the final I knew HHB/YY had the title wrapped up. I realy do think Eng are intimidated by the CHN to a material extent.

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    There is another point. When KKK/TBH, Zakry/Latif, Lin/Tazary came out and rexy was in sole chage of them they improved, got good results, then their form dropped off. Why? Yes opposition may have worked out how to play them, but I would think (knowing what I know now) that it is possible that when the results were rising they were left alone, but once their level plateau'd is it posible that they were held accountable and this extra pressure inhibited their ability to perform?

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly...spot on....players who rose up "too fast" tend to crumble mentally when they underachieve subsequently. It's this pressure of "afraid to lose" which sets in into most players. They undergo this phase, including Lin Dan himself I would say.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Oh no...please...no rubber-set please :mad: