Armortec (some questions)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AznDude, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Feels stiff cause of the short shaft, stiff shaft, and it's new as well. That's a lesson for you: Don't always trust Yonex :D. Congrats on your purchase though.

2. February

February Regular Member

yeah but you can always order it internationally. Thats how I got my hands on a 3U

3. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    First of all, no offense in the following comments...

I do think that players with good technique, good understanding of their strong/weak points & playing styles + have played the game long enough, should have no problem in choosing the right racquets.

I'm just amused by someone who can spend a month relying on others to decide which racket is the ultimate 'best' for him/her.

I do agree that racquet is a very important tool & choosing the right racquet can give u that extra 'edge' over your opponents. But if you ask any players that have played the game long enough, they will tell u that racquet is only a tool.

I'm mainly a doubles player (currently using the at900T) & I find it suits me very well. I can generate killer smashes with it, no problem & I've seen ppl using the at900p that can defend like a wall.

on the other hand, one of my friend has 6 high-end yonex racquets like n9000s, arc saber 7, at700 and I forgot the other 3 :confused: but he plays poorly using either one of them, why?? not because his racquet sucks, it's because his technique is not good enough.

IMHO, most of the Yonex high-end racquets are really good racquets, I mean they are all really good racquets IMO & should not have such huge difference in deciding the outcome of your game.

If you feel that u can only win games by using ONLY a CERTAIN model, then I can't help to think that maybe u should look at your skills and technique 1st b4 deciding the racquet??

Choose a good racquet that suits u the best & u'll be fine, providing that your technique is good enough.

4. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Nice summary.

That must be Lee Chong Wei. :D

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    I have heard some comments about how at700 n at900 compared,n the results was that at700 is more fragile than the at900.Is that true?If it's true,can u describe it more specifically?AT700 old or new compared to AT900T or P? Can anyone verify this info..cos i am planning to get one of these.

6. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

Also depends on whether the model/s compared is/are 3U or 4U...;)

7. cryptail

cryptail Regular Member

student
    If you use U3 or U4 for both... it won't make such a difference. 900P/T is more durable that 700, but that's just a small difference...

8. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you get 3U you're safe anyways.