Heads set to roll after disappointing show by shuttlers in Korat

Discussion in 'South East Asian Games 2007 - Badminton' started by eaglehelang, Dec 14, 2007.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    guys,remember what rashid said in an interview just before the tournament?
    he said our team will get gold.we sent the second team n malaysians doubt that we can win a single gold.n rashid convinces us to put the trust on our team.we'll bring gold to malaysia.thats what he said

n what happen?silver pun hampeh.dont promise anything if he himself cant do something.we have accepted that the team in korat is a back-up team n its ok if we are not able to get a single gold.problem is,why did he promise us?

2. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    To Malaysia Bc

Dear members,

Latest information, Arif Latif now trains under Misbun Sidek. He is in the squad that include Zairul, Syed Akhbar, Chan Kwan Beng.

Thank You.

Ayu

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think they will be dropped to move into the senior team.

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Talking about our youngster Arif Latif, I dont think he has the talent to make a great player. I watched the Youth Final (Arif vs Chen Long, the tall CHN guy). Arif is good defensively but he lacks of powerful smashing and height. I believe that he will be a msia top player but not as good as LCW or Taufik.

Give Rashid more time to train the juniors, and I'm sure Msia is no lack of resources to search for the next LCW :)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

u r right.... arif lacks of smashing power and height is also a factor for him....
    but im sure he will be more improved by years to come....
    lets juz wait and see....

6. erin_hakkinen

erin_hakkinen Regular Member

Business Student
    I think he promised us that before WMC and our WD pair got injured? :rolleyes:

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

We have to show more tolerance towards Rashid becoz he is caught in the middle of war. In his roles, he has to find the hidden gem among the juniors and once he has identified the next LCW, poooffff... he/she is recruited or promoted to the senior team. KKK and TBH are good examples, but good ones :)

It takes time to train the next LCW and we should give him more time to polish the juniors. BAM is doing the right thing to prioritize the juniors over the "back-up seniors" (YKB, KBH, etc...). In fact, those "seniors" should be demoted to be sparring players ONLY. BAM should send the juniors for GP or even SS tourneys, if budget allows.

Remember, Taufik isnt a world champ overnite. We should be proud of our own resources, unlike certain country, they go other countries to scout for young talents (at very young age) and recruit them under their banner. :eek::rolleyes: Not a joke, neither humiliating, but aint proud either ;)

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    i think arif does have talent.i thought i have seen him in a national tournament.in kedah if i was not mistaken.
    give him a chance to prove himself.well..hafiz himself didnt impressed the coach in the beginning but look at him..an all england winner.he maybe dissapointed us now but he is once a winner.

arif can do the same thing.i believe.i see hafiz in this guy.i mean the old hafiz.talented,gifted,naive n passionate.just hope he can deal with publicity when he become a winner one day.n didnt repeat hafiz's mistake.

just put our trust on him.guys.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    maybe put the blame on rashid's shoulder is too much.he did his job afterall.
    i shouldnt doubt his credibelity.

i think he shouldnt make that statement.bcoz if his players failed,i'll be so depressed.
    i have accepted that the chances are slightly lower but when rashid made that statement,he blew up my hope.then.i had been dissapointed.

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    for ur second last point,
    dear,taufik is a special case,i was not able to compare his case with another player.bcoz i cant.

its like magic.he can choose whether he want to win or lose.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Thanks Kak Ayu. That means Arif is promoted to be under Misbun's charge. Good, means he gets to spar with LCW, who also trains under Misbun.

And when I posted the article, I have same view with Yannie & Xball. The reporter got the wrong info.

And someone said about KKK. If I remember correctly KKK was one of the few ones who went straight from BJSS to senior team, along with partner Gan TC (at the time).
    TBH/Hoon TH was in Rashid's squad for a short while before being promoted to senior.

12. eaglehelang

Not to make fun or anything, but you actually believe what they say to the press? Of course Rashid must say we can win gold, that was when WMC, ChinEH was not injured.

When it comes to dealing with the press, there's the real truth, the PR truth (what we tell the press). The real truth and PR truth are 2 different things. Take the PR truth with lots of salt.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    i have apologised for doubting rashid.
    n its over.really sorry.

dealing with press ha?he should say
    "we sent the second team.we have wmc n chi/wpt in korat n we are hoping on them to win gold.but i hope malaysians will give chance to our new players.they are newcomers n this is their first sea games."

n what did he say in that interview?
    this is what i remembered.
    "we sent a back-up team.we are putting our hope on ws n wd to get gold medals.but i believe our youngsters can do something.we have to deal with singaporeans,indonesians,thailands but i think we have a better team.n they can win in korat."

14. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    To koo

Dear koo,

I agreed with you that if we are able to groom Arif, he will be one of our heroes. His determination to win is very strong. For example, in S'pore Open 2007, he fought very hard and gave Taufik Hidayat a fight before losing to him. The spectators clapped for Arif and said that he has a bright future. I believe with the strong support of Malaysia fan, he can make us proud one day when the times comes.

Ayu

15. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    To eaglehelang

Dear eaglehelang,

I believe when Arif trains under Misbun, he will benefit as he will spar with LCW and Hafiz Hashim. It can be the useful approachable as Arif will not get nervous when he met someone above him. Definitely, I want to see him merge as champion one day.

Ayu

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Don't drop players when they perform poorly. Drop them when you need to make room for players coming up the ranks who can beat them.

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Suggestion for BAM :
    Who should be dropped from the Elite Team :
    1. K.Yogendran
    2. Kuan Beng Hong
    3. Yeoh Kay Bin
    They have been occupying the slots here for too long, yet no results and even bring disaster for MAS in team events before as in the case of KBH in TC.

Who to be promoted into Elite Team from Backup Team
    1. Tan Chun Seang - The only player capable of producing some results for MAS in VERY NEAR FUTURE :cool:
    2. Chong Wei Feng - need to be sparring along with the seniors more frequently for grooming into excel ASAP
    3. Chong Li Qun - Same as CWF as above
    4. Mohd Arif Latif (his style is more like LCW -- with strong defensive skills but need to polish up his smashing power ; it can be done by training regularly with the seniors)

Who to be promoted from BJSS into Backup Team
    1. Kuan Kam Chung
    2. Teo Kok Siang:cool:
    3. Tan Aik Quan:cool:

18. eaglehelang

from the Star

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/12/17/sports/19783376&sec=sports
    BJSS students and teachers pass with flying colours

SOME of the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) athletes were busy with their examinations in the one month leading to the Korat SEA Games. But they still achieved good results......

The BJSS' badminton players – Mohd Arif Abdul Latif and Lydia Cheah – will be promoted to the back-up squad under the charge of Rashid Sidek next year and there is hope that the duo will make great progress to become top players in the country.
    With BJSS being the catalyst to nurture potential talent for the country, Malaysia will continue to shine in the coming SEA Games.

Contradictory eh? Anyway, this info should be correct. the previous one is misquoting Rashid Sidek.