I wish for peace in these threads

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by azabaz_ipoh, Dec 3, 2007.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, that is the simple solution allright. agree to disagree. that's all we have to do here. and i sincerely hope we dont need hostilities to keep boredom away. :D

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    No, hostilities are not need to keep boredoms away.

Confrontations are often the mating of disagreeing views created by the difference in background, upbringing, beliefs and environment. Arguments are good, provided it is done with civility and decorum.

It is not, however, possible to discuss all issues without stirring something that somebody else disagrees with, hence the ability for simple issues to end up heated. The key words are to restrain the need to be overly-defensive whilst maintaining the view that it is the right of the other person to not agree with you, without getting beyond the scope of which the scope is being laid out.

On BC, this scope is often (if not all) defined by the rules set by the owner on what can or cannot be used to present your views, hence the occurrence of threads getting locked due to things getting beyond what is relevant and logical.

As humans we all have the tendency to rebel at the authority or go against the tide of accepted norms - what is important however is the way it is being done.

3. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

You made me speechless :D. I couldn't even follow you, but well done nevertheless :)

4. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i got sucked into a heated exchange with pemuda. i know, i know, i should have known better. but i believe you have to feel strongly about some matters and stand your ground. so here i am , apologizing for failing to do as i say. sorry guys :D i try as best as i can but in the end i am merely human. :) will start with a clean slate next year. :D

5. Loopy

Loopy Regular Member

This thread is becoming more and more like helpless women having done a sin and going to the church confessing their misdeeds in hope to be forgiven....

6. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I thought that's why we have this thread, not just for women though. Take easy :D

7. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    ...after which they do it all over again and then go back and confess... after which they do it all over again and then go back and confess... after which they do it all over again and -- :D

8. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I'm not sure about that, unless you're repeated offender :cool:

9. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

In that case, you can't confess here anymore because you would be locked away from BC for good :D:D:D

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    what can i say other than i'm often lumped with professional players status. Maybe I deserve my own forum under the 'professional players' catergory:D As u can see, i have been called the same way as with other pros:p

#70 cooler, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Azabaz, never mind Pemuda. When I first joined this forum, I tried to reason with him. Found it pointless, it's more tiring than my day job.
    So, same with Wilfred, save your energy for more productive activities.

Loopy, most of the forum members are male.......hot blooded young men with lots of nervous energy, so the part on confessing sin???

Birdwood, actually one can guess the gender from the tone and manner of speech, at least for Asians. ;) I'm starting to sound like the BAU in "Criminal Minds"

But after remorse and regret, the next day the arguing continues, too boring eh? Try arguing & fighting in the real world - workplace politics, NOT going to war fights. Some of you will find it very hmmmm interesting, to say the least.

Anyway, thanks to all the uploaders, interesting inputs, we shall have more interesting stuff next year, esp Olympics.

Cheerio

12. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    bravo. i agree with you. :D

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I don't think it is appropriate to paint a picture of selected members, especially of those we don't always agree with.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes..

;)..but unlike "other pros", the most important for our cooler is to remain cool, cooler, even more cool, calm & collected....:):cool:...too bad, though, someone took that screen-name already..:p;)

#74 ctjcad, Dec 7, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  15. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I didn't know you have such talents, not just in writing but "reading" as well :D.

There's movie called "Cooler". It's a special person, who'd bring bad luck to your game if you ever play with him. That's what it means :)

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    am i a matured and wise fan ?being too fanatic to kkk,sometimes,i could be very annoying.sorry.
    since my first post in may 2007,i think i've hurt some ppls.my apology to all of them.
    do enlighten me if i have ever hurt u.in pm,im or u can just say it openly in public forum(well thats maybe the last choice).

peace everybody.its nice to be here,in this forum.believe it or not,this is my only forum that dont involve 'hey..be my special?' yuck..

17. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    im sure thats not our cooler.guaranteed.100 percent.sure.of course.any other words?

18. shaoyut

shaoyut Regular Member

peace scoon i think scoon means peace in india

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Fighting vs Arguing

Hey Birdwood,

To have peace, we are definitely required to stop fighting.

To me, there is a difference between fighting and arguing.

To FIGHT = To attempt to harm or to gain power over an opponent.

To ARGUE = To put forth reasons for or against something.

I actually enjoy reading an argument. This is because I get to expand my knowledge/understanding in the thoughts of our other members here.

So... an argument is an exchange of our thoughts. That is not to say that it is an undisciplined shouting match between our members that passionately believe in a particular point of view.

When we argue, there is a concept that we called 'rebuttal'.

In an argument, we would present points in favour of our case. We would also spend some time criticising the arguments presented by our other members. However, there are a few things to remember about rebuttal;

1. Logic - To say that the other side is wrong is not enough. We have to show why the other side is wrong.

2. Pick the important points - We should try to rebut the most important points of the other side's case and to show that they do not make sense.

3. `Play the shuttlecock' - We should not criticise the individual members, but to criticise what they have said. To call someone fat, ugly or a nerd does not make what they have said are wrong.

At the end..... Agree to disagree, in order to have peace. :):):)

Cheers... chris@ccc

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Quite easy actually. Teenager's posts are even easier to spot. Oldtimers like sonnymak have seen it, wouldnt be provoked.

Btw, some of the Veoh's video are not that good quality (ABC, Msian Open 2006, Indonesia Open, LCW vs Bao, Sudirman Cup).