LD wins..........

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by alfa-2, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Your guys are cycling in bushes… this is a very subjective argument! Until it's tried out… we wont know the result :)

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I'm not arguing.

There is "teamwork" (and not just the Chinese, though they apparently are the main culprits), but there shouldn't be.

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Sometimes I don't know what I am doing myself but I don't think I am cycling in bushes.

Until "what" is tried out?

4. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Until your guys idea is being tried out… or being study by some Professor?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    In the communist system, the state comes first. It was much worse before when China was not open to the world economy. Even now, China will not tolerate interference to its ideology and communist leadership. Mayors and business leaders in China have been punished severely for stepping out of line.

LYB is seen to represent the state. The players are still somewhat beholden to the state. They have no freedom to oppose as in a democracy. Stepping out of line will mean hardship and possible cold storage for life. So LYB continues to make the call.

6. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    This is communism, we are not battling for Olympic gold but also communism. LCW & company would have a hard time doing business in Beijing08. Scary! If LCW won GOLD would he be shot dead?

7. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    i like your comparison a lot!!!! :D:D:D but let me add one, Fu Haifeng= T-90 Main Battle Tank. it doesn't need to be fast, because it's got a mega 125mm cannon. it'll blow everything up :p:p:p

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What idea? (Sorry, just briefly browsed through the discussion.) No regulation can be drafted to counter this.

Obvious non-regulative ways include:
    1) Other countries can prevent this by producing quality players in higher quantity. (widely mentioned before)
    2) Individuals come out and play for themselves or clubs. (We are increasingly seeing this, but it's usually the players unwanted by the national camp or in their twilight.) Clubs are less likely to grow big enough to fix matches.

Well, ok. There is one aspect of the regulation I feel should change.
    Remove the regulations with regard to nations, ie. player limitation, country separation etc. (unless it is in direct conflict with the competition rules, ie. the Olympics which have their own rules we must obey)

9. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I don't.
    So was it honorable and proud or was it disappointed and disgusted?

(this part is not intended to you but everyone)
    I don't understand what are our discussion are based on anymore. Is it about right or wrong or is it about "I right or I wrong". Nevermind what I said because it's all just a figure of speech to win an argument, or be it contradicting or against my initial principal. The better I twist and turn the logic, and the better I represent in a plausible way to confuse them fool, then I am right. Why can't we acknowledge bad line calls and ill intentions walkover is not a good thing to badminton and we all should against it, before you go on with your bla bla bla he shouldnt be affected, he is mentally immature speeches?
    When we were nit-picking on the players mentality, maturity, physical fitness, attitude, behavior and thousands more and why at the same time we become all lenient and couldn't find ourself asking for a fairer and better managed games?

You are right on the part we shouldn't degrade the player.
    But many are taking it as now that they dont have a choice, so there is not a problem anymore. The unfairness isn't there anymore. The fixed game is all okay now. They got no choice what? Be it la. If you want, you fix with your side la.

We should acknowledge what is right and what is wrong. I understand their situation doesn't mean I have to mark it right in my book. They are still wrong to do that. The acknowledgment may be nothing now but it will be always there for the standard of right and wrong. So walkover and patriot line judge won't become of norm after 10 years later even we can't take it out today.

Shouldn't have said that, you are implying some here are actually stupid because although how regularly enough and how apparently their trick was, some choose to deny of what happened.

One minute people would go so far to calling people sucks because he support the player of his countrymen and next minute that someone drop his holier than thou principle and agreeing to the Chinese player conceding his game to his countrymen is acceptable. Blame on the people who can't stop them going into semi final instead.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    No, please don't stretch it that far. We are talking about the internal politics of China as it affects the livelihood of her people, including athletes like the badminton players.

Outsiders who are not directly governed as citizens of China should not be affected unless they commit crimes there, as they would similarly be punished in any other country. Winning an Olympic gold medal is not a crime unless you do it illegally like taking drugs.

In fact China is putting her best foot forward to welcome all athletes, officials and visitors to the Beijing Olmpics for the world to see.

Yes indeed the world, through the power of instant TV, will be able to see what's going on and judge for itself. Any misdeeds on the part of China will place her in very bad light, which she certainly want to avoid.

11. xuguochuan

xuguochuan Regular Member

Ya you are right, luckily not all country are like china. i remember LCW beat his teammate 2-0 straight set. If every country use the 'walkover strategy' or 'brother brother attitude' then we really dont know who is the real winner, who is the real world number 1, who uses real skill and strength, who is the real HERO. Although LCW lost the match, but inside my heart he is the real winner. I am sure many would agree with me. I am doing my part to uphold fair play, sportmanships, integrity and honour in badminton. The famous speech by JFK "Ask not....- ask what you can do...".

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It's a fine line..

If you and your buddies where teaming upp sharing card info on a black Jack table in Las Vegas, you would be thrown out and not allowed to play..

Team-play in indivudal events are mostly considered cheating.. Enforcing and proving these matters are of course very tricky though..

The only way to get rid of this as I see it is to limit to one or max two players per "team" in individual events.. If some players/caoches makes it a country event rather than a player event, then it must be handled as a country event...

/Twobeer

13. kchew

kchew New Member

Your communist / China bashing is way out of line. It shows your paranoia and poor education. It reflects poorly on Malaysia actually.

Communism in China developed because of the very bad conditions in China in early last century as it was being raped by foreign powers. China is regaining its strength day by day nowadays, albeit the bad publicities being dished out by rapacious Western media.

China has enough sportsmen and sportswomen to win many gold medals in Olympics (it's second in last Olmpic), while Malaysia can only depend on badminton. It doesn't need to resort such silly antic like your country men will do.

China is succesful in sports because it wants to be succesful and great nation. The athletes are hungry for success , while the sports bodies and goverment departments are well organised and work hard to achieve results. For example, China men hockey team went from no where 10 years ago to one of the top 15 team today, and may occasionally beat Malaysia.

Malaysia on the other hand, is a racist based society, in which things have been going from bad to worst. There is little meritocracy, as almost every thing is based on racial consideration or personal patronage from their corrupted politicians and Sultans. It's a turd world country, and will still be a turd world country in years to come.

#113 kchew, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.