Congrats To The "real" 2007 HK Open MD Champion

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by samuel882, Dec 2, 2007.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, congratz to the World Champ! Just hope Kido/Setiawan still maintain their best form and grab more prestigious titles such as upcoming All England, Beijing Games plus give contribution to bring back Thomas Cup/08 to INA...

Looks like Kido/Setiawan so 'comfortable' to reach triumphant in China territory, is it one good sign for next year Olympiad?

2. punchclear

punchclear Regular Member

You're right!!! He IS a lot like Sigit Budiarto...:eek::eek::eek:
    I was just watching a match between TG/HH - CW/SB...:)

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I think Hendra plays a bit like Sigit too. Always in balance, crisp wrist movements, fine touch, fast but light movements.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Wow....looks like..

Hmm, i just logged in BC, and just started posting~didn't follow the last 2 rounds of the HK Open & haven't read much of the threads/posts, but looks like it was a jubilant day for our badMania y'day..:);)...

[​IMG]
    ..hehe, who else to hold and present the winning cheques to the winners and runner-ups than our own GGSally (Sally Yeh)..:D:cool:

badMania, i watched the telecast and i saw you and Hau-ge congratulating Markis & Hendra after they won:D...apparently they broadcasted the Finals in INA as well (thru cable)..:cool:
    :eek:..yeah, that's what i heard also from some people in INA, watching the broadcast y'day:p...They said, "why are the winners not smiling at all?? As if they're the ones who lost"....:p...Even Tony & Candra were all smiles..:cool:..

So, badMania, next yr Markis & Hendra will try to go for a three-peat CHN Open & HK Open titles??..:p:rolleyes::D;)

#44 ctjcad, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Are u back in INA as well :rolleyes:? Haha....me and Hau-Ge become instant celebrities now :D

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-No..

..i'm here in L.A.~i watched thru GD Sports webcast & just heard from a few people in INA, who happened to watch the Finals thru cable..;)..Yeah, you guys became instant, overnight celebrities..:D;)

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The caption should read 1) "Our arms are tired, our legs are cramping, our bodies are aching, can you ppl speed it up so we can go back and crash <yawn>"
    2) "sup sup water only lah win SS title, we mighty mouse & mighty pillar, no prob, just give us the $$$$, then leave us alone to enjoy it."

This time not so bad, at least Kido didnt look like he wanted to eat somebody. They are about the only winners I've ever seen who 'forgot' to smile.

#47 eaglehelang, Dec 2, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  8. gene706905

gene706905 Regular Member

Manufacturing Manager
    I feel a bit strange on how the match between MK/HS anad TG/CW ended yesterday. Is it bad call from line judge? Surely not the end that everybody has expected.

While most have high expectation for Hendra, I noticed that they lose 2nd set due to many unforced errors but Hendra. I shall say the weak point is not on Kido but the key point is on Hendra's mind and mood. Quite similar with Nova's role in XD

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Come on! Are you saying that the judging is going to be biased based on a few judgemental calls??

And I think having homeground advantage can actually swing both sides. It can be an advantage or disadvantage. LCW, for example had the homeground during the last WC but he caved in. So, I will say the pair that hold its nerves coupled with some lady luck will take that gold.

KKK/TBH, I doubt is capable of making the semis, let alone taking that gold in Beijing. They are not consistent enough and dont seem to possess the mental toughness to handle such a big tournament ... yet.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok here u go....the real md champion....Kido/Setiawan
    [​IMG]

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Who cares abt whether its a bad call or not....the veteran pair was trailing quite badly :D Nevertheless, we enjoyed the game.

Hendra made many errors in the second set because they were on the less favoured side of the court, which happened also to be the court where Nova lost many points in his serves in the first set and also the side where Lin Dan was thrashed badly 9-21 in the first set.

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Why this post...title..'The real HK Open MD Champion'...why the real...??

Congratulation to MK/HS...for winning HK Open 2007 MD title....its real for sure...after playing so well..tru out the tourny...

For me,..The top 3 pairs...MD standard in the world now is so...close.......
    They kind of taking turns to win title.......its like merry go round.......First three months early 2007..belongs to KKK/TBH......then...mid year ...owned by CY/FHF.....then....3rd.quarter of the year...to MK/HS.....The last three months at the end of 2007....CY/FHF took 1 title(FO).....KKK/FHF...won 2 titles(DO and Macau).....and MK/HS....took 2 titles in a row...CO and HKO...
    So..who ever performed better at time.....they will stay on top........Only TG/CW managed to steal one ttle(JO) from these three pair.......

Lets.......what will happened in 2008.....

Lets..see what

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Addition : Dont forget Korean Open SS: One of the Korean pairs : Lee/Jung or Lee/Hwang won it

And yes :
    4 SS titles to Fu/Cai (Spore, Indonesia, China Masters,France)
    4 SS titles to KKK/TBH(Msia, AE, Swiss) + 2 GP Gold
    2 to Kido/Setiawan(China,Hong Kong) + 1 WC + 1 GP Gold
    1 to Tony/Chandra(Japan)
    1 to Korea(Korea) + 1 GP Gold (Thailand)

With 4th quarter a mixture, with the 3 top pairs taking turns to win, so to speak : KKK/TBH, Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra. Funny too, 1st 3 quarters of the year was the same : KKK/TBH, then Fu/Cai, then Kido/Hendra. Kido /Hendra good at catching up and overtaking.

World ranking will continue in "musical chairs" fashion between these 3 pairs.

Note : GP not included cos most of them didnt participate, Lee/Jung or Lee/Hwang did win one or two each.

14. bocah

bocah Regular Member

hmm... I didn't saw their final match in HKOP, but my first Impression of them wasn't really good , since I saw them for the first time in DO semifinal where they lost so easily to Malays Pairs. They're so hopeless from the beginning , ehm...I'd even doubt that they're the world championship, because their game's so no no no :D

Well, I should re-considering to watch their game again, maybe they've really improved ;)

15. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Good analysis! It seems that their standard isnt far apart… Interesting! Bravo bravo

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It's funny. Why "real" in quotes? They are really the 2007 HK Open champion. I mean really, they are the real champions.

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    becos kwun made "fake thread" about "the HK Open 2007 MD winners!!" and the content is not talking about MK/HS at all :eek: :eek: :D

#57 taufik-ist, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I see. Sorry, not been following the proceedings recently.

19. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Throughout the whole year, the veterans did achieve some creditable results.
    however , from what i see, they tempted to make many unforce errors compare with the current top 3 pairs. ML/JE , TG/CW & also not forget the MAS veterans Choong/Lee. Their "Unforce Errors " stats in each match if u really accumulate , was really hard to believe..:eek:
    I not saying that KIDO/HENDRA ; FU/CHAI & KOO/TAN; FU/CHAI seldom make errors , but the amount of errors is lesser compare to those veterans :cool:
    They way they execute the trick shots is fabulous :)
    They were still the force to be reckon with.. With their experince, who knows one of them wil be able to snatch a GOLD :eek: in BEinjing next summer..

20. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    On the contrary, I like showboating players :) they are nice to watch because they entertain the crowd. We are their boss we pay to watch them le.