Hong Kong Open 2007 : Day 6 (Dec 1st) - semi finals

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by kwun, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Hehe..looks like the chinese players were forced to play,to get more points n money..n also forced by LYB..that they're all get too exhausted n retired.I wonder what would this action brings to the name of Chinese National team.How many times of walkover did the chinese have done in this hongkong open already?

Next time BWF should have take this kind of act more seriously.If a team has already sign up,they have to play them all.Otherwise,they have to pay the fine.At least they have to pay back all of the spectators ticket money.

If it happends again,then the team should be put in a black list,that they can't join opens or tournaments for a certain time.

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ha..ha i know that... that's from RTM's commentator :D :D

3. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    How will you determine if they have breached the regulations of the tourney, if any? What if it were genuine - fine them too?

The losses to conceding a game must match the incentives of winning it otherwise it really doesn't matter what happens. At the moment China is at an advantage for doing so, why stop it?

4. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    My colleague and I do comical impersonations of him to amuse ourselves. :D

"Whoah, satu drop yang menarik daripada, Boaa Chun Laai. Sa-thu lagi mata kepada peserta muda, tinggi lampai, dari China ini, berusia dua puluh empat, tahun".

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

So,i guess CH team is trying to just put LD in the final the easy way.No need to sweat for this.The junior should give the place to the senior.This way then LD can have more rest n should be able to play in a better shape.

However....LCW should teach LD n LYB a lesson,that no matter what tactics LYB's using,he'd still be able to crush LD.

So..good luck for LCW tommorow!:):)

6. taufik-ist

it administrator
    people buy a ticket to watch a match.. not WO's :D :D :p

7. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    I hope not. I mean, what would the children think?

8. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I bet XXF would be crazy to watch both guys screwing each other then..LOL

#728 Smichz, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

How would u feel after buying a ticket to watch,let's say..hmm..Malaysia Open MS final,n u just found out that there's no match played ??:rolleyes:.What would u expect?

10. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Are you implying that LCW is not straight?, or have special interest? Lin Dan already has XXF and I don't think he is interested in any other game with LCW than badminton.

11. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    I'd imagine that you have a case if it were a trade fraud in which the product you paid for did not do as stated in the agreement ie. non-compliance, health risks, misinformation etc.

But, the ticket bought admits a spectator to the stadium to watch a round, probably at a specific time (I've never been to a live baddy match except my own:p). So, unless the quarterfinals or semifinals or any round was technically cancelled ie. without a conclusion, you don't get your money back. I don't suppose they actually print specific matchups that must take place on tickets, do they?

I've no doubt many people dislike me for being able to think like this... :(

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They were not in their usual attacking mode because the INA pair knew how to play them :cool: Fu/Cai were completely lost in the second set and couldn't cope with Kido/Hendra's strategy. The INA pair's strategy was simply to keep the shuttle low, never lifted the shuttle for the Chinese pair to attack, and they were successful in doing that!

The INA pair was almost flawless in this match and I personally thought it was one of their best (if not, their best) performance this year, apart from the Chinese-Taipei Open Final against Paaske/Rasmussen. They TOTALLY DOMINATED the match from the ending stage of the first set when the score was locked at 14-14. Suddenly, the INA pair sealed the set 21-15, allowing the China pair to win another point.

The second set was simply an anticlimax for the Chinese pair as the INA pair took the initiave early and Fu/Cai made so many basic errors. There was one instance when Fu Haifeng mishit the shuttle, intending to smash the bird, and yet he hit the air :eek: The INA pair won the second set easily 21-12 with 16 smash winners from Kido/Hendra.

Those who said that Fu/Cai HAD NO INTENTION TO WIN would be disrespectful to BOTH PAIRS! You can observe how disappointed the Chinese pair when they lost!

And for those of you who mentioned fatigue.....aren't Kido/Hendra also playing a lot of matches before today's matches? I have written that the INA pair played 13 matches before today, compared to 9 matches for Fu/Cai (including one walkover). Now tell me, who had more rest in between?

Also, there was no indication of Cai Yun being injured. They were comfortably sitting behind us with no worried look before the match started. It's simply a matter of who played the better badminton today...and clearly its the INA pair, the current World Champion!

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I do hope TonyG and Candra can win in tomorrows Mds Final.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Badmania, fatigued from the way Fu/Cai looked, both in their body language and face. And their lack of fighting spirit today. They were not themselves, making a lot of errors.
    Normally they fight till the end, no matter what.

They played better during 1st round in China Open against Zakry/Fairuz - which in the end they lost but in 3 tightly contested sets. They look fresher too.
    I dont know how they played against Zakry/Fairuz this week in Hong Kong(not shown on tv/online), but if they played like today, Zakry/Fairuz would packed them off too.

#734 eaglehelang, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  15. FU4EVA

FU4EVA New Member

student
    Thank you for your information... Sorry, if i have posted anything that might cause you to think that i disrespect the pairs or offended you... :)

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    RTM's comentator said " beregu china tampak letih tapi markis/kido tampak lebih letih " :D

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Ya kah? Kido/Setiawan look determined today. Fu/Cai look 'letih' or fatigued to me.
    - Cai Yun has a heart prob which has effected him lately. IN Denmark Open, GD Sports commentator said "Cai Yun has not been well lately, Fu must improve in this area and that area...."

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

They were not themselves because the INA pair made them so.....such that Fu/Cai were disoriented and made lots of errors. I think the gap was too much for them to fight for and thats why they failed to even regroup themselves to try and narrow the gap.

This match was reminiscent of the China Open Final 2006 in which they also could not execute their normal strategy and Kido/Hendra stuck to their game plan and won ALSO in straight sets 21-16, 21-16.

This was similar to situations when Kido/Hendra were playing against Koo/Tan. Koo/Tan simply outplayed the INA pair and Kido/Hendra ALWAYS LOST EASILY in straight sets, with INA pair often unable to play normally like they always do :mad:

19. ycw77

ycw77 Regular Member

Does anyone here free enough to count how many walkovers from China for this year Super Series? I bet all were due to injuries...... from LYB.

Haha.......

20. taufik-ist

it administrator
    i'm still watching it :D... like badmania said.. kido/hendra should be more fatigued than cai/fu.. they have played more tourneys than cai/fu have