Some message for the players...

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by happyice81, Nov 25, 2007.

1. happyice81

happyice81 Regular Member

After watching all the open series... after all the controversial judgement... or unfair treatment... etc etc...

all the badminton fans... are argueing, complaining, angry about the unfair.

I only have one question... very very simple question ....where's our truely honest sportsman? Where are they? For example, if I'm BCL, i realize those my shot r out, the umpire say in, I'll tell the umpire, it's out... or I'll just giv point to LCW to show that it's unfair (or wrong judgement). It's because I'll never feel happy if I win like this. How come BCL never did so? ???

I'm not only saying about china player, even if it's in Malaysia, when the shot is out, and if LCW saw that, but the umpire gav it as "IN", then if I'm LCW, i will also say the umpire is wrong...

this is really a big question in my mind... I'll never try to cheat in those badminton game... I will feel ashame if i won it wif other 'ppl' helping... how come they never feel ashame... how come no player is honest to say out the true... If i'm BCL, i won't want CH to walkover... maybe I'll walk for extra 10 km for replacement to be fair wif my next opponent... hahahahaha

just wondering.....

2. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    one thing for sure my friend is that this thread will be closed. Can't speak freely nowadays.............

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Even though I am disgusted with China's coach and officials, I think BAO would not have seen the shuttle going out coz he is on the other side. As for accepting the walkover, again it is not his call but probably the coach or somebody in the China camp.

4. happyice81

Actually i'm not talking about the unfair judgement... this is not something we can do about it..

i was talking about the players... this is about the attitude.. the honesty... maybe they will see this thread and be honest next time? hahaha :p "MAYBE" one of them will? :p or maybe there are some reason tat make them can't be honest?? or maybe nowadays.. humanbeings really become more n more 'ugly' ? :p

and maybe some of them have already done so? cos i hav heard my senior said he saw there r player who actually just simply serve a shuttle to net when the umpire make a wrong judgement and he think is unfair. He will give point to the opponent who r wrongly judged... i really wish to know who is the honest player...I hav seen in football, but badminton so far not yet..

5. happyice81

actually wat i think is, sometimes, we really can know the shuttle is in or out at the other side of the court, (when it's clearly out)...

6. Green72(CAN)

Green72(CAN) Regular Member

You can't blame the players. They are under other people's control.

In any case, the world isn't nearly as fair as it should be.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

IMO, tis thread will be closed after a while...

8. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Frustrated Chong Wei falls to Chunlai

PETALING JAYA: National number one Lee Chong Wei failed to end a five-year drought for Malaysia in men's singles title at the China Open in Guangzhou yesterday.
    He was beaten 13-21, 12-21 by China's Bao Chunlai in the final and the match was marred by disruptions on four occasions when Chong Wei questioned the line calls. He also got worked up when the umpire disallowed a clear tap at the net.
    I am not using these as excuses for my defeat today but I just feel that the line calls were indeed unfair,” said the world number two in a telephone interview from Guangzhou yesterday.
    [​IMG] Chunlai: Won his first Open title of the year in China.
    “But this is a good practice for me. I know what to expect when China host the Olympic Games in Beijing next year as far as line judging is concerned.”
    Although Chong Wei's rhythm was affected by the questionable calls, credit should be given to the lanky Chunlai, who played well to nail his first Open title of the year after finishing as the bridesmaid in four tournaments.
    As for Chong Wei, he will be heading to Hong Kong to nail his fourth Super Series title. The tournament, which is the last leg of the 12-round series, begins on Wednesday.
    “I am happy that I made it to my first final at the China Open. Now, I hope to continue with my good showing in Hong Kong,” he said.
    Chong Wei is the second seed for the Hong Kong Open and he could face Chunlai in the semi-finals. In the same half with Chong Wei are Danes Peter Gade-Christensen and Kenneth Jonassen, Indonesian Simon Santoso and Malaysians Wong Choong Hann and Mohd Hafiz Hashim.

9. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

That's only easy to say when you're playing as a free man. Like many has already stated before, the Chinese officials has high expectation from the players in exchange for their training and all honors received from their professions. The pressure of the mission they carry is probably far beyond your imagination.

I am not giving excuse for any unsportsmanships, but for Bao, it could be hard for him too.

And for all Malaysia's friends, perhaps if you can only use the same measuring standard when KKK/TBH didn't notice the umpire for a foul call during FO07, you may have a second thought.

10. happyice81

yaya, tat's the most sad thing, as sports like badminton has become something like so ugly... because of pressure, expectation from the official and all the people.. because of the hard training... honors... they forgot themselves... or can say they 'are forced' to be like tat... not honest again.. no more sportsmanship... therefore, cannot blame the player also... maybe can only blame the system.. all the beautiful thing has lost....

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What i don't understand is why coach Misbun did not prepare LCW mentally about playing in a smelly court.Is this LCW's first CO outing? A coach should always give his charge the worst scenario in terms of court conditions and discuss how the player could handle it. Once he has this mental preparation, he will be able to focus 100% ,come what court officials' rubbish.
    Yes, I blame the coach. I expect Misbun to fully prepare LCW for worst scenario situations. Luckily he does not report to me!

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree. Misbun should get LCW prepared for the most hostile reception in CHN, just like Thomas Cup in INA. I noticed that Misbun was very relaxed and calm when LCW raised his hands to protest. Misbun DID NOT rush into the court to join in the protest!!! If the coash is Mourihno or Arsene Wenger, I expect to see blood :eek::p

It could be a blessing in disguise for him/LCW to prepare for the OG, I hope so.

13. happyice81

and alex ferguson too...
    hahahhahaa

14. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    actually, i don't think Bao can change the call because the rules are the judges make the final decision. But if its some 260kmh smash its hard for bao to know whether its in or out. On the other hand, the organizers should really use some technology already, seeing that nowadays players train their smash till such speeds, it might be tough for the naked eye don't you think?

15. shanisen3200

shanisen3200 Regular Member

Goldsmith
    That's a part game.

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I'm sure Misbun already prepared LCW, but on the court its the player who needs to control his emotions.

Misbun fully prepared LCW during WC 2007 but LCW crumbled under pressure. That time Misbun said he felt his efforts gone into the dustbin. That's strong from cool and calm Misbun. Normally he doesnt like to say what he has done cos it's supposed to be secret.

Our MD didnt do well either but we dont blame Rexy, we blamed the players cos Rexy is the type who is more outspoken. AND he's a foreign coach, certain quarters feel he does so because he needs to show he's doing his job well, that his loyalty is to Malaysia as the coach.
    Misbun is Malaysian,his loyalities are not in question.

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A very good question indeed. 6 million dollar question.
    Hmmm I wonder why I also dun call it in when its out. Any answer for this? Pressure? Anyone has the same dillemma? hehehe..
    rgds

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Should I start a thread on 'Lessons for MAS coaches:part 2'?
    The real cause of LCW's WC07 problem has been identified and sorted out and since then he has been performing,hasn't he?
    Why do some fans keep on raking up the past when it does not reflect the present?
    Can't you observe trends and learn to move forward? Don't you think LCW's WC07 fiasco is a blessing in disguise?If that had not happened,LCW would still be bottling up what bothers him and not be able to focus 100% on court.If he can't be 100% playing ,he won't win titles;the difference is as simple as that.

I have a lot of respect for MAS coaches. If they were not good, MAS won't be showing breakthrough progress like now.What I'm saying is there are some little details in mental preparation that are crucial which may have been overlooked that cost MAS titles.MAS is really hot but there are some holes to patch up.
    If MAS has the talent and guts to win 3 titles out of 5, why settle for 1?

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    message to happyice81
    Kuala Lumpur and Petaling Jaya are totally different place...........

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

1) I was just replying to your post, wasnt raking up the past. WC 2007 was an example of the hard work Misbun put in, which he rarely talks about. In other words, defending Misbun, not degrading LCW.

Look again, you did say "I blame the coach." I happen to support LCW, so dont shoot me. LCW, as you also know, is a work in progress in the mental strength department. I'm very glad he's improving and hope he continues to improve.

2) It was also a comparision with Rexy. Rexy lets everyone know he doing this, doing that to boost our MD. They didnt do well in Japan and China. Were fingers pointed at him?
    Normally, it's -"As their coach, I have done this and that to fully prepare them but they......" Understandably, Rexy is upset, difference is he lets everyone know, Misbun doesnt

My main point : How do you know Misbun didnt fully prepare LCW? Cos Misbun doesnt talk about the strategies he use to avoid opponents finding out. He said so in an interview with Berita Harian about 2 months ago.

Misbun's preparation has been effective enuf for LCW to win Japan and French Opens (with injured knee to boot). Let them continue to improve.
    That includes Cheah Soon Kit and our improved WD.

#20 eaglehelang, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007