Why BAO Chunlai won?(Why LEE CW lost?)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Out of curiousity (since u hv "deep connection" with those players and coaches), I'm sure they (NON-CHN players) jokes about those "biased calls by umpire/linesman/service judge). Did any of CHN players feel ashamed by those "incidents"? :eek::rolleyes:

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Bao actually did play really well....I have not seen him so aggresive..too bad that many questionable calls surround his winning over LCW....

I did agree that actually Bao really played well ....
    Lets hope that tomorow is always better....

#162 huangkwokhau, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Some had apologized to certain players...thats all I can say.....China players are really nice.....

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Absolutely agree. In fact, no one should take the credit away from BCL. He is a world class player, no one can object it.

Source: The STAR
    ========
    Frustrated Chong Wei falls to Chunlai

PETALING JAYA: National number one Lee Chong Wei failed to end a five-year drought for Malaysia in men's singles title at the China Open in Guangzhou yesterday.
    He was beaten 13-21, 12-21 by China's Bao Chunlai in the final and the match was marred by disruptions on four occasions when Chong Wei questioned the line calls. He also got worked up when the umpire disallowed a clear tap at the net.
    I am not using these as excuses for my defeat today but I just feel that the line calls were indeed unfair,” said the world number two in a telephone interview from Guangzhou yesterday.

But this is a good practice for me. I know what to expect when China host the Olympic Games in Beijing next year as far as line judging is concerned.”

Although Chong Wei's rhythm was affected by the questionable calls, credit should be given to the lanky Chunlai, who played well to nail his first Open title of the year after finishing as the bridesmaid in four tournaments.
    =====================

5. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I asked Bao when the last time he won...he said 4 yrs ago....he was very happy yesterday.....

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Did he "mind" to win in this "manner"? How did he feel by those "incidents"? Well, I think a win is a win, as far as the player is concerned :rolleyes:

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

He'll be seeking political asylum in the West soon :D:D

8. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

But 5 questionable line calls is enough to cost a game. R u pure ignorant or what? They should hv let Bao win by his own ability instead of "helping" him :rolleyes:

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes... Otherwise, he will be jailed like the journalist :rolleyes:

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

In certain society or country, they are taught (in school) to believe in numbers aka statistics and everything is "according to the book". Ask them to bend or "short cut" the rules, they will tell u "I cant risk my rice bowl over pride and dignity." (just kidding... :p)

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Hey I will be there if they invite me to be linesman and so will 10,000 BC'ers..:D

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Uneducated coach -- very little morals and sportmanship. Only wants to win at all cost putting the game into disrepute.

13. thesoothsayer

thesoothsayer Regular Member

It's sad to see that China has to face all these allegations of cheating, regardless of whether or not it was official policy. I remember way back in the 80s and early 90s when the Chinese national team were the 2nd team for most overseas Chinese (probably even now) but all these news are eroding the pride in China. I hope they realise that the end does not justify the means all the time, especially in sports.

People all over the world appreciate players who win fair. I think that there's a lot of injustice in the world and sports is a form of escapism for many people who think that the cream will rise to the top in sports (ie. the best player will win). Unfortunately, cheating or even just allegations of cheating is enough to destroy the reputation of a country or player.

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    No..no...it is not appropriate to ask those questions....

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

aiya... in any sports, it's result-driven. If u dun deliver, u will be shown the exit door within 24hrs. Just look at Mourihno and MacClaren. Need no say more :rolleyes:

16. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I am sure you will.......I remembered that some BC members here to ask me to keep these facts to my self...I could not find the post...somewhere during Macau open....my theory is bogus, etc...anyway...I am looking forward to HK Open......

17. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Agreed before the dispute calls arised LCW seem to be kelam-kabut not like his usual confident self (maybe he had not get over the excitement of WMC victory...hahahaha)
    well we have HK next so go for it LCW

18. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student
    uhm ....bcl played very well ystrdy...his smash...hwa...so shraplorh....btw..what is his height yea??huhu ...m' hero?

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I've gone through quite a few of the posts in this thread. Many echo the same sentiment, angry or otherwise. There still appears to be a whole lot of frustration but how much more can there be added before it deteriorates into an all out hate fest? I'm not adding any more fuel to the fire; I've already presented my opinions in the "CO Finals" thread. I say there is nothing more to be gained from keeping this thread open. Not healthy. :)

20. carolynwg

carolynwg Regular Member

Student
    Bao deserve it, but not in dis way... although hw gud he played, there is still a helpin hand.. So, consider unfair 2 LCW...
    This is juz pre-olympic.. If it's olympic, every1 wil noe wat wil happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.