China Open 2007 : Random news from the arena.

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by kwun, Nov 22, 2007.

1. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he.he iya.. he's nice and very helpful person :D :cool: :D

2. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student

would u mind telling us what are the coaches' thoughts on china's match fixing?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, the setting was a light fun joking type of setting, so they took it quite jokingly. Rexy mentioned that once his older brother slapped the linejudge on the head when he thought he was biased.

Rexy also went to talk to the service judge after one match during this China Open and tried to talk any sense into him. but he believe the judge don't understand much English.

my feeling is that they honestly do not like it. (duh, isn't that obvious?) they have a very righteous attitude towards it and that is if one care about badminton and understand badminton, then one should understand that badminton should be played fairly. i have a lot of respect for that.

4. MSHSBadmPlayer

MSHSBadmPlayer Regular Member

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Kwun,
    Where do u sit in the stadium.. If i not mistaken, i saw u on the TV.. U sit very very close to the court rite?..hihih

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah usually i sit very close. if you see a not too old, nerdy looking, tall skinny Chinese guy with glasses and short hair, then it is probably me! i wear the official ugly dark green vest, white t-shirt and blue jeans. ;)

7. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    if his wearing the same shirt as that on the first page...then i think i saw him..holding up his camera at the end of lee's match

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    some more tidbits. there are a lot of photojournalists in the arena, i believe 20 if not 30 of us. some of them sit next to the court like what i usually do. some have huge lenses and shoot from up high among the audience. some choose to use huge lens but sit at court level. usually i sit next to the court side or at the rear end of the court as i don't have those $$$ big lenses. the court side seems to be popular though and sometimes we have 2 rows of photojournalists packed in front there.

9. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    If I were a player for example LCW and I had just beaten BCL in the final and I had a few biased line calls or any other ridiculous excuse against me (Sudket got faulted for lifting his racket up) I would definitely voice it out loud during the interview after my game....somethin like "I'm very happy I won my game...blah blah...I hope I'll be back next year but I hope the China Open next year would be free from biased judging and would be a fairer tournament than this year"......I don't care if they boo I'll still wave and smile...

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    another interesting tidbit from where i was sitting.

- i was at one point sitting next to Rexy/Misbun and they were coaching Choong/Lee. Rexy i believe spoke either Indonesian or Malaysian to Choong/Lee.

- at the other end of the court, Chinese coach was shouting out instructions to Guo/Xie, "slow down your speed, slow down your speed"

11. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    What racket is Chong Wei using Kwun?

12. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Doesn't matter how many reporters, we know you're the one who provide unbiased and "WYSIWYG" report, thanks for all effort.

13. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

Kwun,

Malaysian Language and Indonesian Language has alot of similarities and they are from the same roots. All Malaysian knows "Bahasa Melayu" regardless of either they are Malaysian Chinese, Malaysian Indian, or the Malays. I believe that one time in a Chinese commentary in one of the game(i forgotten) says that the Malaysian Badminton team has very unique players and the most striking of all is that they know multiple languages even multiple dialects of chinese which includes hokkien, teochew, hakka, hainam, cantonese, mandarin...... english and malay..... should visit malaysia one time if you haven't !:D

14. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It will be hard to Malaysianize Kwun, he have learn how to eat Durian, Lojak, Pak Kuk Teh, Rendang, ... Not "Dim Sum" or "Wan Tan Mee" :D

15. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

Hehehe :D.... believe there's more room to for introduction to other tasties such as Keropok, Asam Laksa, Mee Jawa, Nasi Minyak, Nasi Lemak, Mee Kari, Curry Puffs..... hmmm..... thinking of these food triggers salivation.....:crying::crying::crying:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    he had exposed himself in BF many times before;)

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

mia audina uses ns7000

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it was mentioned before that he uses 3U AT900P

19. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    That will definitely have a negative impact on the sale of AT900T from now on...:p:D:D

20. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

And yes is u... I do have recorded the match between LCW vs CJ.Guys, take a clear look of our Boss. He is so engross into the game..That is one slow motion play the capture u.. Your head is following the shuttle till it drop on court...

By the way, all the coaches know u? How come they can eat breakfast with u and chit chat with u? And is all the player & coaches aware of www.badmintoncentral.com??